LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy Spec B Info from NY autoshow

pathfin9

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paycer,

You boots are cracking - there is a service bulleting on this - your dealer will order and install replacements. See: http://www.thel7.com/TSB/03-56-07.pdf

Bulletin Number: 03-56-07 / 06-38-07; Date: 09/07/07 Page

Introduction

If you encounter a customer complaint of cracks in the leather parking brake lever boot and/or

manual transmission shift lever boot, a modification was made to improve the durability of the

leather. This Service Bulletin informs of the new part numbers.

Production Line Change

The countermeasure parts were used in production August, 2007 with the following VINs:

Model Body Starting VIN

Legacy Sedan 8*210730

Wagon 8*326714

Outback 8*326469

Part information

Parking Brake Lever Boot

Color Part Number

Ivory 92123AG11BWA

Off Black 92123AG11BJC

Shift Lever Boot

Trans Type Part Number

6MT 92121AG10B

5MT 92121AG13B

5MT SI-Drive 92121AG56B

Warranty Information

For vehicles under the Basic New Car Limited Warranty period, refer to the Subaru Warranty

Wizard for claim submission information.

CAUTION: VEHICLE SERVICING PERFORMED BY UNTRAINED PERSONS COULD

RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TO THOSE PERSONS OR TO OTHERS.

Subaru Service Bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians ONLY. They are written to inform those technicians of

conditions that may occur in some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper servicing of the vehicle. Properly

trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do the job correctly and safely. If a condition

is described, DO NOT assume that this Service Bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition.

NUMBER:

03-56-07

06-38-07

DATE:

09/07/07

APPLICABILITY:

2007~08MY Legacy/Outback

SUBJECT:

Parking Brake Lever Boot and Manual

Transmission Shift Lever Boot

SERVICE BULLETIN

ATENTION:

GENERAL MANAGER

PARTS MANAGER

CLAIMS PERSONNEL

SERVICE MANAGER

IMPORTANT - All

Service Personnel

Should Read and

Initial in the boxes

provided, right.

PROUD PARTNER

What happens if you are out of the warranty period?

I went back for the boots after 7k miles. Friggen quality. They ordered the wrong shifter boot....how do you do that in the first 6MT Legacy, I'll never know.

I went with Redline Accessories for shifter and e-brake and haven't looked back since. Sure I paid, but I'm not going back to the dealer in 7k miles to get them replaced again. Plus, they sounded like absolute arse in the winter! Celophane sounded nicer!

I'm nearly perfectly content with my 07B. Rear wiper would have been VERY welcome, but I've gussied up the car to a higher standard with suspension, drivetrain, exhaust, interior and exterior mods and am happier by the day.

Love the color too.

Can't please everyone out of the showroom....that's what modding is for.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

;1825298']Then you pay for the repair.

I was hoping for some FREE parts...but then again...oh well. Thankfully...by shifter and E-brake boots are in good shape.

A side note...dealer said my battery was failing. I had just blew through the three year warranty with over the 36000 miles. Subaru will only cover the battery if it was within the original manufacturers warranty. I sent SOA an email about why a battery is covered for only 3years/36000 miles when the battery clearly states a 60 month warranty on the cover.

They offered to pay for the battery as a one-time goodwill gesture. Let's see if they cover this when my mileage number becomes known...:cool:

I am so happy to hear about the sound upgrade. My hubby & I are trying to find our next car & have it narrowed down to Legacy GT, Legacy 3.0 or, believe it or not, the '08 Lincoln MKZ AWD with the THX II Certified sound which was really nice. Can't find local dealer with a 3.0 Legacy to test, so we tried the GT this past Sat & really liked it, but the stereo sucked. We will be replacing a '99 Audi A6 quattro w/Bose Symphony & the loss of amenities is a bit tough when opting to Subaru. We will never buy Audi again due to reliability issues (and lack of extra cash) In our mid-50's & looking to stay under $35K. So, the HK sound was a real "find" as it will probably lock us into a 2009 Legacy GT or 3.0! What a relief as that was the ONE thing that really had us tilting to the MKZ. I wonder if we can pre-order a 2009 Legacy? Once we find a 3.0 to test out, we'll then know which model to go for. I'm a bit psyched about all this and hope it's really true for the 2009 models AND I also wonder when the 09's come out?

See this thread:

normal model years, like the '09, dont come out till August.

when a model is refreshed, like the '08, they come out early... like May.

'05 ~ came out in April '04

'06 ~ August '05

'08 ~ May '07

'09 ~ wont be out till August

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I am so happy to hear about the sound upgrade. My hubby & I are trying to find our next car & have it narrowed down to Legacy GT, Legacy 3.0 or, believe it or not, the '08 Lincoln MKZ AWD with the THX II Certified sound which was really nice. Can't find local dealer with a 3.0 Legacy to test, so we tried the GT this past Sat & really liked it, but the stereo sucked. We will be replacing a '99 Audi A6 quattro w/Bose Symphony & the loss of amenities is a bit tough when opting to Subaru. We will never buy Audi again due to reliability issues (and lack of extra cash) In our mid-50's & looking to stay under $35K. So, the HK sound was a real "find" as it will probably lock us into a 2009 Legacy GT or 3.0! What a relief as that was the ONE thing that really had us tilting to the MKZ. I wonder if we can pre-order a 2009 Legacy? Once we find a 3.0 to test out, we'll then know which model to go for. I'm a bit psyched about all this and hope it's really true for the 2009 models AND I also wonder when the 09's come out?

Honey...3.0R all the way. :wub:

The HK upgrade is like buying a really nice amp and speaker system for your home, but running music from a $30 portable CD player through it.

Here's the way I look at it. Even the current stereo now on the Legacy's is better than the stereo on my 02 WRX Wagon. So the upgraded one in 09 will be even better. I'm waiting. Unless I comes into a lot of cash and will buy a G35Xs instead.

Guest heightsgtltd
The HK upgrade is like buying a really nice amp and speaker system for your home, but running music from a $30 portable CD player through it.

:lol:

• 1 month later...
Well this is good news for me as i will Definitely be purchasing in the 6 to 12 month timeframe. (wanted to purchase earlier, changing schools/majors has hampered this) The new HK system will be much nicer. i was just looking to specs on the CR-V my Girlfriend is buying. It has a 270W Stereo..... i was actually getting embarassed/frustrated because she doesnt even like the music loud! and I was looking at having a puny 100W system in my slightly more expensive vehicle. but i guess it would have still been better than the 80W in my 99GT (which is of course suplemented by my 200W Sub)

This is a little over simplified and not very accurate in terms of audio performance. Of any audio reproduction device:

65% Speakers (including placement and acoustic calibration), 20% Amplification, 15%/2 Source/Transport.

While the head unit may not be all sex as far as features visuals, NAV, or the latest in DVD-Audio reproduction, the DACs are not a huge deal for mobile audio. I doubt they vary much from different head units. It's all it the amps and speakers. That is where the sound comes from.

So who knows how good it will sound, but if you needed better audio this is a good solution that does not require a new head unit.

Sub deserves some credit on this one.

Well this is good news for me as i will Definitely be purchasing in the 6 to 12 month timeframe. (wanted to purchase earlier, changing schools/majors has hampered this) The new HK system will be much nicer. i was just looking to specs on the CR-V my Girlfriend is buying. It has a 270W Stereo..... i was actually getting embarassed/frustrated because she doesnt even like the music loud! and I was looking at having a puny 100W system in my slightly more expensive vehicle. but i guess it would have still been better than the 80W in my 99GT (which is of course suplemented by my 200W Sub)

My '99 GT has 200 watts of Alpine awesomeness! But I enjoyed the stock headunit while it was in there.

This is a little over simplified and not very accurate in terms of audio performance. Of any audio reproduction device:

65% Speakers (including placement and acoustic calibration), 20% Amplification, 15%/2 Source/Transport.

While the head unit may not be all sex as far as features visuals, NAV, or the latest in DVD-Audio reproduction, the DACs are not a huge deal for mobile audio. I doubt they vary much from different head units. It's all it the amps and speakers. That is where the sound comes from.

So who knows how good it will sound, but if you needed better audio this is a good solution that does not require a new head unit.

Sub deserves some credit on this one.

what are you talking about?

have you listened to ANYTHING high end? getting a higher quality cd player will make your system sound like you turned up the bass. that is just 1 portion of listening. cables should be 15% not the cd player or any source. even fm tuners can sound decent to good.

with a crappy source you WILL get crappy sound. that will be your weak point.

i think you are waaaay off with the percentages. if you start off with best on class speakers you can add a good amp and source.

btw...explain to me how and why a 18bit dac can and will sound better than a 24bit? why is a cd 16bit?

sound comes from the signal...aka the source. amp is a higher powered pre amp. speaker is a vibrating cone.

fwiw...ALL car audio sucks. adding 300watts doesn't change that. your mids and highs don't change just because you added a sub.

actually...after having 500watt cont. per channel in stereo (1k watt total) and my other amp at 650 watt per chan cont (1300 watt total)...i find car audio pathetically lacking in power and quality. imo it's a waste of time.

imo anyways...

with that being said...nakamichi cd700ii, vifa drivers, dunno of any decent amps.

have you listened to ANYTHING high end? getting a higher quality cd player will make your system sound like you turned up the bass. that is just 1 portion of listening. cables should be 15% not the cd player or any source. even fm tuners can sound decent to good.

i think you are waaaay off with the percentages. if you start off with best on class speakers you can add a good amp and source.

btw...explain to me how and why a 18bit dac can and will sound better than a 24bit? why is a cd 16bit?

sound comes from the signal...aka the source. amp is a higher powered pre amp. speaker is a vibrating cone.

fwiw...ALL car audio sucks. adding 300watts doesn't change that. your mids and highs don't change just because you added a sub.

actually...after having 500watt cont. per channel in stereo (1k watt total) and my other amp at 650 watt per chan cont (1300 watt total)...i find car audio pathetically lacking in power and quality. imo it's a waste of time.

imo anyways...

15%/2 = 7.5 Source, 7.5 transport.

Weakness will always almost always be the speakers in most peoples audio systems. Car OEM audio speaker are about the worst.

Wasn't really trying to go into higher tier audio, but… the point I was making is that to improve the quality the first to things in a system you can do is to improve are speakers and amplification. After that your source. Sub had no new source, so…

( A- better speakers with an average amp vs B - better amp with average speakers… I'd take A every time.)

I totally agree mobile audio is next to a waste. The cabin is a sonic nightmare, road noise a terrible problem. And it is not as though you can really do critical listening while driving…

In fact, short of cable budget I doubt you and I would find much of a point of disagreement on what constitutes decent audio ( sorry… I am not a mega buck cable believer as long as gauge is correct.)

Anyway, I mention that DACs are not a big deal because manufacturers do not make it one, not really… I would not be surprised to see them same generic DACs in $100 DIN heads or $1k factory 'premium units' (Bose, sic).

Please...

Virtually every other car maker is offering some form of sound system upgrade. Subaru in the past has offered the McIntosh head unit, but only in the top of the line Outback and not as an option on other cars.

All they need to do is phone up McIntosh, have them build a stereo facing the other seat and be done with it.. all this "test the waters" crap is just that.. crap!

I think the problem is that McIntosh is no longer recognized by the average buyer. Yes, they still make excellent products, but the public doesn't know that. HK carries that brand cache that is vital in marketing and "justifies" a premium price, even if it doesn't sound as good as a McIntosh system.

imo anyways...

with that being said...nakamichi cd700ii, vifa drivers, dunno of any decent amps.

Oh boy, Richard is back. Everyone bow at his precious audio knowledge. We are not worthy. :lol:

Oh boy, Richard is back. Everyone bow at his precious audio knowledge. We are not worthy. :lol:

bah...

i have listened to speakers that cost 2.5 times the price of a new gt.

60k systems etc..

the w7 from jl was meh even with 1k watts. i clipped the system they had in there and was easily able to stay in the same room. my home stereo wont do 1k watts of bass but it will make you leave the room. quality of bass was hands down better at home. not to mention the quality is hands down just plain better while being louder.

i just find it laughable for people to complain about the car's system then just put in more expensive crap while bragging about how much "better" it sounds. when in reality it still sounds like crap but now the circuit city subwoofer has a jbl pos 500 watt amp. i laugh...hhahahaha...

people need to really get out there and listen to what audio really sounds like not what it's advertised as being.

i guess i never really take it serious enough so i really don't care. my complaint? a separate sub and more power. of course if i really wanted it i would go and get it.

Archived