LegacyGT.com

"Saggy Butt Shims"

TRS

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just got back from the local auto parts store and bought all they had, i will add them to the site shortly. that way you dont have to go all over.

Shane

Shane - I'll need some for the shims that I picked up from you. Will give you a call. How much?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Shane - I'll need some for the shims that I picked up from you. Will give you a call. How much?

same as my site. but seems all parts stores should have it so it might be easier to just pick up. but let me know. also, if you pick some up at your store. let me know the price, as it might be cheaper and i can go there instead LOL

Great fine Unclemat! Got mine from NAPA for about $2.49 ea. Easy-done. I ordered the 0.25 shims from Shane yesterday. I'll be putting them on the Bean's HD kit with Pinks ordered in the EDO group buy. I hope it does the trick!

All right, I am about to put in my orders to do this as the trailer hitch has lowered the rear end of my car :lol:

Is this the right set of studs from Autozone?

Part Number: 610-308.1

Weight: 0.17 lbs

Notes: AutoGrade (bagged) M10-1.25 thread

Type: Serrated Stud

Thread: M10-1.25

Knurl Diameter: 10.24

Length: 29mm

Shoulder Length: 9mm

If so, they are currently $0.99 ;)

:spin:

Just installed the 3/8" shims with the Geo Metro studs (from Rockauto) on my '08. Had just enough thread left to put my rear strut (floor) brace back in. The rear nut seats all the way on (flush to the top of the bolt) and the front nut is about 2 threads shy of fully seating, with the brace in Plus my car is now perfectly level. Thanks Shane!

I just installed the 3/8" shim on my 05 wagon with Bilstein HD's and stock shocks. I like the height and don't mind the wheel gap with my stock tire size. Rockauto also provided me the longer stud bolts (& cheap cabin air filter).

I did have a small issue with reusing the old rear tophats. A couple of the bolts spun on me after replacing them with the new ones. I just put a vise grip on the bolt head while I tightened from above and all is well.

Shane, thanks for the quickest order to shipment turn around I have ever experienced on the internet. Great working with you and thanks for the treat as well...

Cheers,

Mike

• 4 months later...
ok. so i went to Autozone and tried to find the part #98090 and they had none in stock. go figures. but i was looking and found these (attached picture). the part number is 799-057 but autozone has a COMPLETELY different picture for this part number. you can compare with the pic i attached. My question is, can i use these for the 3/8 butt shims? i read here that part #98090 is still shy of a full thread for 3/8th. Will it be a problem with the extra 11mm length? the difference between #98090 and 799-057 is the 11mm extra length and the vertical "lines" at the head of the screw/stud. I'm getting spec b bilsteins and swifts installed next saturday so i want to make sure i get the right studs. Thanks!

screws.jpg.df58520f16fd45d6250fcaa0a536e044.jpg

These are just bolts. You won't be able to tighten them down without welding them to the top hat - well, unless the rubber seat puts enough pressure on the bolt head, maybe sufficient for the torque needed there.

Have Autozone order the studs for you. Takes a day or two and doesn't cost anything extra.

Here are some cross references:

NAPA part number 6412150

Wagner Part number BD61197

Raybestos Part number 5090B

Post installation note: these worked fine for me (in this case, the NAPA Parts)

with my Bilstein HD and Pinks install. The 3/8 shim is also installed with no issues. Pressed them in with no problems... If I had it to do over again, would go on the thicker side and install the half inch-- the rear still sits a quarter inch lower than the front when measured from the top of the wheel well. Not a big issue...

• 3 months later...

Archived