LegacyGT.com

"Saggy Butt Shims"

TRS

well dont forget. if all my measurements are right, these are about max you can go with the stock studs. now, if you wanted to replace your studs, i can make 1/2" ones as i do that already. just for these test ones, i used 1/4" stock

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well dont forget. if all my measurements are right, these are about max you can go with the stock studs. now, if you wanted to replace your studs, i can make 1/2" ones as i do that already. just for these test ones, i used 1/4" stock

Yeah, replacement studs would be the way to go. About 10mm would be enough. But 1/2 inch would work well for those who carry more loads and/or wagons.

how difficult would it be to change the studs to longer ones... They would need to be welded in at a metal shop (after cutting out or somehow removing the standard size ones), correct?

press the short ones out and press the proper length studs in. simple. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Just to clarify bosco, by press, do you mean with an actual machine press or by hand//hammer?

either way would work but a hydraulic press is the proper way if available. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

So, being that it is Wednesday night and no updates did the install go poorly or get deffered??? I'm sure all the subscribers to this thread are wondering the same thing...

Update: 03/29/2008

I will be receiving air tools hopefully by tomorrow. The install is tentatively planned for Sunday and I apologize for the delay.

So, being that it is Wednesday night and no updates did the install go poorly or get deffered??? I'm sure all the subscribers to this thread are wondering the same thing...

Yup, the install has been delayed to this weekend. paranoid56 is aware of this.

its alll good :D racecomp also has a few sets so i am sure they will pop up :D

Shane

Shane,

Sorry man for the long delay. They will be going on this weekend.

I'd also like to take this time to apologize to the subscribed members of this thread.

-Jim

press the short ones out and press the proper length studs in. simple. bosco

For longer studs, are we talking regular stuff that we can find at home depot? Having a wagon I'd like 1/2" ones but don't want to be stuck with the stock studs removed and having a tough time finding longer replacement studs :lol:

For longer studs, are we talking regular stuff that we can find at home depot? Having a wagon I'd like 1/2" ones but don't want to be stuck with the stock studs removed and having a tough time finding longer replacement studs :lol:

no Home Depot. you want automotive grade go to NAPA, Auto Zone, etc. they will have what you seek.

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Shane...

I got mine in the mail... Thanks! I thought they were going to be made out of metal... will plastic be strong enough?

if they went strong enough i wouldn't be selling them :D

I did make some alu ones for the wrx, but the pricing was more then what people wanted. (55bucks) so did some research and had a few engineers take a look at them and everybody determined that it would be fine for the application. since those tophat bolts are only attached with 15lbs of tq and since its in a clamping force on the plastic we are more then ok. i have seen people use urethane in the same application with ok results also.

If you are set on alu, please PM me and i will see what i can do.

Shane

if they went strong enough i wouldn't be selling them :D

I did make some alu ones for the wrx, but the pricing was more then what people wanted. (55bucks) so did some research and had a few engineers take a look at them and everybody determined that it would be fine for the application. since those tophat bolts are only attached with 15lbs of tq and since its in a clamping force on the plastic we are more then ok. i have seen people use urethane in the same application with ok results also.

If you are set on alu, please PM me and i will see what i can do.

Shane

NO... I was just wondering.... I'm not sure when I'll be able to get them on anyway!

Archived