LegacyGT.com

Showoff: 2008 Legacy's with visual mods.

GoRilla

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?

i'm doing the front conversion. it's still winter and there's like mounds of snow out there. i'm not going to be putting on the bumper just yet. probably wait until spring.. i do wish i have everything by then though. waiting for parts from japan is going to kill me.

click the little menu bar and it will blow them up to original size... the forums compress the images for the every day thread. Well worth the look. ;)

:)

Gotcha! thanks for the pointer...it even says it on the top to do that:lol: I am bad at following directions...or so my wife says.

I had that same B4 emblem on my old 05 sedan you may want to move it a little to the left. I will look more centered and OEM IMHO...That is a great looking car aaron, can't wait to see the JDM front end

?

i'm doing the front conversion. it's still winter and there's like mounds of snow out there. i'm not going to be putting on the bumper just yet. probably wait until spring.. i do wish i have everything by then though. waiting for parts from japan is going to kill me.

oh right. i hope everything works out when you do the swap then..

Welcome to the cult! 78 miles huh... i got 18k already. :(

Wait til u get past the break-in point... then she really getsfun. ;)

wow & i thought i had a lot of miles. I have about 13k. But i bought mine at the ned of motherbaord.

Sorry to hear about your truck... but hey, you got an LGT out of the ordeal!!! after the weekend I'm up to a whole 300 miles on her. I've driving around in "I" mode so, it's been a little boring for my right foot. But I've been playin with with all the other stuff to keep busy -oh yeah and looking at the road too!!!-:rolleyes:. Question for all you LGT rollers, I traded in my 05 LGT for the 08, and is it me or is the 08 a lot quiter than than 05? I dropped the SI drive into S# once, okay twice... alright at least 3 times:p and I don't seem to get the same grunt as I did from the 05. different exhuast, not broken in yet, or is it refinement of the 08??? Hmmmm?

Sorry to hear about your truck... but hey, you got an LGT out of the ordeal!!!

That's what I keep telling myself! :rolleyes::lol:

The truck was SWEET! Completely modded out over the previous 4-5 years of ownership. (Plus it was paid for... :redface:) I do miss her, but the LGT makes it a bit easier. ;)

Re your question: I never drove anything but the 2008's so I can't really compare, but it is a little quiet stock. I think once mine got broken in, I noticed the exhaust rumble a little more. I really noticed it when I backed into my spot at a little Beach Hotel this Summer, with the rear directly in front of my Hotel room. My Girlfriend says "is that your car making all that noise?" :lol: :lol: I opened the door: "I guess it is!" I replied :D

Also, people here have different takes on the CAI thing. Many think it's not necessary, personally I couldn't live without the noise.

But, in any case, an intake will provide all the nice turbo suction sounds that we look for. I am personally running the SPT intake :hide:

I went SPT primarily for warranty reasons, and I love the sound it makes! Couldn't imagine driving without it!

I had a SPT, but sold it and went with the AEM. The problem for me with the SPT was difficult to tune and a little bit loud, i could have lived with it but the wife hated it. The AEM is perfect for me, not too loud but can still hear the turbo and BOV.

I definetly agree w/ biginalegacy, could not live without a intake. W/O the intake you can't even tell you have a turbo, even after a D/P.

Yeah, I'm not sure compared to others, but the SPT definitely makes some noise (which I think may have attributed to my "taking off the line too fast" ticket where I was only going 30mph :rolleyes::confused:... but that's another story ;)) but seeing I bought the 80k warranty, I figured SPT would make everyone happy (ie: the dealership). I won't do much tuning anyhow until that runs out, so that's not a big issue for me.

Big,

I hope you fought that ticket!!! Sounds pretty unfair, unless that 30 MPH was in a 20 MPH zone...:eek: Still sucks... I've been pretty lucky, the last 3 times I've been pulled over, I've only gotten warnings :iam:... but I'm not complaining!!! Probably just jinxed the crap out of myself:lol:

see ya on the streets!

Yeah... it was complete BS

Some "City Ordinance" he nabbed me on. The fine was actually for "failure to use care in starting"... whatever that's supposed to mean. But yeah, I'm fighting it for sure.

So not to clog this thread, here's a link to my thread on it... I was pretty peaved, so the first post especially is a bit of a rant.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78538

Archived