LegacyGT.com

Showoff: 2008 Legacy's with visual mods.

GoRilla

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys and Gals,

Cleared headlights, tinted blue, fogs tinted yellow, and tails tinted in charcoal. Not the best pics, car's super dirty from all the pollen. I'll get some better shots up when i get a chance to wash it again, as well as put some other goodies on it. ;) The blue tints look real nice in the light, looks a little darker in the shade. Overall very happy!

Big thanks to Andrew at AJW Performance.

Thanks!

-John

DSC_0281.jpg.b4cf0118c0d806ab183b80415f6cf9c7.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg.ce1f09e297a1ed782d9bca38a6a92a4a.jpg

DSC_0286.jpg.553ff7d96a4865c0154a56b8bb6b799c.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg.84687588d16dc04d1985da5ef7b21b28.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg.a4c3c65078a69191f9955f40eabf9b9e.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg.ab020ba605c31da0fa74c0854525f4d9.jpg

Cool, looks good.

A few questions: How difficult was the overlays to put on? Particularly the headlights and tails.

How do the headlights look at night going through the blue tint? If you wouldn't mind, try grabbing us a night shot! ;)

:D

Thanks!

The overlays, were mixed in difficulty. I did the headlights inside since i had just cleared them. Needless to say, it wasnt warm enough inside to do it easily. I had to use a hair dryer and a lot of patience, water and stretching. The headlights took maybe 20 min. a piece to get them to fit nicely. The tails were enormously easier. Did those outside in direct sunlight, and it took about 10 min. I'd keep a hair dryer handy though, as it def. helps if the temps. are below 70. Fogs were easy as pie.

The headlights look pretty much the same, maybe a slight blue tinge to it.

I'll try to grab a night shot tonite.

-John

Cool, looks good.

A few questions: How difficult was the overlays to put on? Particularly the headlights and tails.

How do the headlights look at night going through the blue tint? If you wouldn't mind, try grabbing us a night shot! ;)

Hey Guys and Gals,

Cleared headlights, tinted blue, fogs tinted yellow, and tails tinted in charcoal. Not the best pics, car's super dirty from all the pollen. I'll get some better shots up when i get a chance to wash it again, as well as put some other goodies on it. ;) The blue tints look real nice in the light, looks a little darker in the shade. Overall very happy!

Big thanks to Andrew at AJW Performance.

Thanks!

-John

Car looks great, I like the cleared headlight look much better than the stock look. Was it difficult to do?

Now all you need is a grill like this:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/2962000-2962999/2962064_77_full.jpg

How to instructions: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85178

Thanks! It wasnt that hard, you just need to take your time and be careful. Especially when taking the

lights out of the oven and trying to pry them apart. I kind of forgot that other plastics would be soft,

and ended up bending one of the brackets on the headlight. No biggie though. I just had to reheat

and bend back, and redrill the hole.

The amber itself is a little stubborn, first you have to take out the ripply part of the corner, there are

little tabs that release it from the housing, then you have to kinda wedge a flat head in between

the amber and the ripply part to break it free. Be careful though, you dont want to crack or scratch anything.

I would suggest getting goo gone though to clean the headlights after. The sealant likes to get on everything.

Including clothes, carpets, etc....:mad:

But all in all, it was pretty easy.

Looks very clean. I'm pretty happy with it.

Good luck!

Your grill looks awesome! Thats the next mod I'd like to do.

-John

Car looks great, I like the cleared headlight look much better than the stock look. Was it difficult to do?

Now all you need is a grill like this:

How to instructions: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85178

did you just paint over the rear reflectors? that doesn't look to bad and the grill looks really nice. nice work

Thanks. First I sanded off the lettering on them and roughed them up with 220 sandpaper then used Krylon semi-flat black paint.

They're simple to take off. Just reach up under the bumper and there's a plastic nut you can spin with your fingers. Push on the clip and they pop right out.

Thanks. First I sanded off the lettering on them and roughed them up with 220 sandpaper then used Krylon semi-flat black paint.

They're simple to take off. Just reach up under the bumper and there's a plastic nut you can spin with your fingers. Push on the clip and they pop right out.

WHERE did you get the grille?!?:confused:

I haven't looked into it yet. What is involved?

Tint film?? :lol:

I'm not sure who makes a film for the 08 tail lights, but I've seen a few cars on here with tinted tail lights. You should look into it. It would go better with the painted reflectors.

Here's some night shots. As you can see it looks pretty much the same with them on. When driving you can see a slight blue tinge, but it doesnt really effect the light output. However, the rear tails dim the reverse lights a lot. I'm gonna have to buy some brighter bulbs for that.

-John

Cool, looks good.

DSC_0293.jpg.d6990834a5c797792139a2d71d2c9e61.jpg

DSC_0299_2.jpg.aea3ad8918a4abee7dd9877f742a674f.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg.c4e219d39f3b970d2d18c5251373dbeb.jpg

Thanks for the instructions. Doesn't sound hard at all :lol: Now I need to go stare at my rear for a few hours to decide if I want to do the same to mine

This thread needs some NA love!

I finally got around to taking a few shots of my car last weekend, not the greatest pics, but I'm still learning the ropes with my camera.

Visually speaking, the car is lowered with Ion Springs. The tint is 35% all around, pics look darker because it was late evening when I took the pics. Car is debadged and I placed the B4 label on the rear. I also painted the exterior fog light trim to match my paint colour. Oh, and it might be hard to tell in the photos, but I've got the Rally Armor flaps on as well. Living in a new construction neighbourhood is rough :)

IMG_1210_5.JPG.44d0ca4c09ac741d558e799d6957aa42.JPG

IMG_1208_4.JPG.359225ce308a6d361542442bdae8fbef.JPG

IMG_1207_3.JPG.aa0313a2b7cb6a7d491ca32f4589c192.JPG

IMG_1206_2.JPG.53d606b55b106e8f23380b29901700f1.JPG

IMG_1205_1.JPG.80496766408e197a0d5a9b46c9a0b98e.JPG

Very niiiiice. Daddy liiiiiiike.

But, did you airbrush this or does your roof just radiate heat? ;)

Hehe...I put in a little more "strength" in photomatix to get the surreal/PS3 kinda look....the whitish surround is just a by product which i kinda like as it makes the car stand out from the complex background...;)

Archived