LegacyGT.com

Showoff: 2008 Legacy's with visual mods.

GoRilla

Hey Uncle....too dang hard to tell in that pic. It's dark for christs sake...

Imagine how energized one can be when you stare at the thing and cannot determine a visual difference.

It has to be close enough for the lip and I'm betting the grill may work as well.

"The front surface is vertical vs. slanted on the USDM.

Can you reference another pic? Curious to know so I may catch myself before posting next time :)

"Of course the fog lamp surrounds are different."

My first thought was that it just wasn't painted silver.

Cheers,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Uncle....too dang hard to tell in that pic. It's dark for christs sake...

Imagine how energized one can be when you stare at the thing and cannot determine a visual difference.

It has to be close enough for the lip and I'm betting the grill may work as well.

"The front surface is vertical vs. slanted on the USDM.

Can you reference another pic? Curious to know so I may catch myself before posting next time :)

"Of course the fog lamp surrounds are different."

My first thought was that it just wasn't painted silver.

Cheers,

This thread has some pics:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51833

Actually, I've changed to the spec B front grill and the rear bumper is from Corazon so no, it's not exactly stck. The tail lights at the back are actually LED replacement lights from hanabi and not custom blacked out lights although I did black out the front headlights myself.

Anyway, the exhaust tip doesn't exactly stick out all the way even while the stock bumper is still on. The outer most part of the bumper actually extends out much further than the stock muffler although as it curves in at the bottom, the exhaust tip will start to show. A lot of people here are having problems with the exhaust tip on the stock muffler as once they put on a rear bumper lip, the exhaust would be hidden by the lip. You should be able to see that problem on the third picture I have posted below on the wagon furthest away.

woah shit mang! i didn't know you've actually did the rear bumper swap! those hanabi lights and rear bumper really match the look of the wagon. along with the JDM Spec B front end, i can almost see the whole look of the car already! but with that corazon bumper and your STi muffler setup, i really guess it's gonna hide the exhaust rather than poke out. i see what you mean too when i looked at your third picture - the exhausts hiding. but then, if i had a leggy wagon right now, i would leave the stock rear end, but paint the exhaust surrounds part black and the exhaust has to be the HKS Silent Hi-Power one so then i can have the performance with sleeper status! but no point in hong kong, and not even sure if you can get a ECU tune. i looked at the hk legacy club forum and it seems shops like Top Racing or something are offering this service is it?

i only wished i could see it in person. and i do live in hk! maybe i should come to one of the hk legacy meets...

With the exception of STI, most other after market muffler are actually slightly longer and will solve that hidden tip problem.

if you want to keep using a stock muffler on a sedan but want a rear skirt, you can actually use a stock muffler from a wagon. It is slightly longer and just sits flush with the outer most part of the bumper sticking out of the skirt a tiny bit.

you're right, ECU tuning is rare here as we got hardly any one with the skills to tune a car properly. Not to mention that Cobb AccessPort is not made for the JDM legacy here (so no fonts, we don't get all the nice options! no accessport for us!) and right now it is the only thing I know that could flash a CAN Bus ECU.

sure loserpro, why don't you just tag along with us on the next meet?? not everyone who turns up drive a legacy.

With the exception of STI, most other after market muffler are actually slightly longer and will solve that hidden tip problem.

if you want to keep using a stock muffler on a sedan but want a rear skirt, you can actually use a stock muffler from a wagon. It is slightly longer and just sits flush with the outer most part of the bumper sticking out of the skirt a tiny bit.

you're right, ECU tuning is rare here as we got hardly any one with the skills to tune a car properly. Not to mention that Cobb AccessPort is not made for the JDM legacy here (so no fonts, we don't get all the nice options! no accessport for us!) and right now it is the only thing I know that could flash a CAN Bus ECU.

sure loserpro, why don't you just tag along with us on the next meet?? not everyone who turns up drive a legacy.

have you tried ECUTEK?

oh really? cool haha...i'll keep that in mind! stock wagon mufflers for the sedan... eh? i didn't know that hk offers ecu flashing for the new cars and not the old ones. but then, with no map and stuff, it's gonna be hard to get performance out of it...

crap!!!! can i really show up at the meets!!!! damn! i am so willing to go! but i don't have a car at all, please excuse me. gonna need someone to pick me up, or i'll need to find some way to get there by public transport. and i'll try to take more action at the hk local legacy board...

[although i like it here much more cause of some of the topics we get...=PPPP]

have you tried ECUTEK?

erm, sorry dude. i think even if Hong kong has the product on offer, we might not have people do the tune.

of course, erm, ecutek is not offered in hong kong, if we want it we need to import it.

Back to pictures of 2008's....

Not much, but mine with a RBS Trunk Spoiler, and 35% factory tint in the rears, a little lighter in the front. :)

Oh, and I debadged the SUBARU and LEGACY off of the trunk and left just 2.5 GT. ;)

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb158/chrisgemail/Spoiler1.jpg

Thanks... yah, I love how the sun was hitting the car just right to show off the different shades of the QSM paint.

I actually don't have any right now, but since I'm home sick from work, I could go snap one quickly probably, although we just had a pretty wintry day so the car might not be clean and the sun might not be shining so nice, but I can try. :)

Edit: Lawn is full of snow and driveway is full of water (from melted snow) so I can't get a good shot from that angle. I'm gonna run out and do some errands so maybe i'll hit the car wash real quick and find somewhere to do a quick snow photo-op. ;)

like i said... i ran some errands and hit the car wash for you guys while i was out. ;)

Wouldnt you know, i carefully avoid every puddle i can on the way home, and while im waiting to pull in the shop driveway where i took the pic a big dump truck hauls by and spits all kinds of shmuck on my car from his monster tires! :mad::lol: :lol:

All that for squat! :lol:

Oh well, the pic came out half decent for the conditions and a little compact cam. ;)

To give you an idea of what snow is really like...

Only people that don't get snow wish they had it. :lol:

LOL, true. I didn't move to SoCal only because of the great job offer, climate was another big factor. I don't miss the snow at all and when I went back for christmas 2 weeks was way too long. I can't stand the cold temps, ice, snow at all now.

Wow, MGV101 - that's a really nice wagon. Makes me wish I bought a white or black instead of ABP. But like I was saying, I was drooling over those HK Legacy wheels and brakes because our Canadian market LGT's are nowhere nearly as sweet. When you see something as nice and clean as the ones I posted, that's one helluva awesome factor.. for you to see it nearly every day it's not as much of a novelty.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b373/VRAtenza/Legacy%20GT/14022008075T.jpg

will your car marry me? :wub: btw, can you show close-up, well-lit detail pics of that grill surround? looks like emblem is floating in mid-air (is it just the honeycomb grill like the others?)

SubLGTaru --> enjoy that avatar while u can. changes r a'comin....and right soon!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2270/2276882774_77b02ddce6_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2189/2276080719_3657ab1f11_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2292/2262542382_1eaed51c24_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2130/1664206351_2dd9f03b0a_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2291/1664713848_24c9796bff_b.jpg

Archived