LegacyGT.com

'05 stutters. '06 stutters. '07 stutters ....

I had the stutter real bad in my '08 LGT. Took it to the dealer, they knew about the reflash. They reflashed it and the stutter is still gone, BUT it has lost a noticeable amount of power. It doesn't really pull in the High RPM range like it used to, I'd almost take the stutter back to get my power back.

-Sephon

I've noticed just the opposite, the car feels faster and smoother without a huge dip and two smaller sputters. Only datalogging and dynoing pre/post reflash can tell the real story, but looking at dynographs pre flash you can see the large dip and the time it takes to bet back into power. I get my thrills from high speed corners instead of drag racing and raw speed, so the power coming on sooner makes me happy. If you are one to rev high in the higher gears then perhaps there might be some loss up high.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate to bring up an old post, but took my car to the dealership. Expalained I have a intermittent acceleration problem. Explained the issue seems to get worse if S mode or S# dealer corrected the problem with air filter change. muahahhahaha best fix ever! Totally ridiculous! The car is going back to the dealer and perhaps they will realize the problem is still present with a "new air filter". How can you tell me a intermittent problem can be fixed with an air filter? Unreal, 16k on the car and think I need to sell it. I love the car, but i cant stand this studder!

By the way 93 octane every fill up.

Anyone from IL have a dealer that will reflash the car?

Thanks

If you are willing to drive, Harms in Janesville, WI will take care of you. They have with me so far.

The 07 LGT 5MT does not have a permanent fix out for it yet. Subaru has an "interim" flash out for it that is supposed to help. I've had it done to my car, but have not noticed any appreciable difference. Here are the PAC numbers for the different flashes that the dealers have been listing.

Hope this helps!

Manual Transmission Vehicles

08 LGT 5 MT ---226UAM96B

08 spec.B ---No one has posted one yet.

08 OBXT 5MT---No one has posted one yet.

07 LGT 5 MT ---22611AL80C

07 spec.B ---22611AL81C

07 OBXT 5MT ---No one has posted one yet.

Automatic Transmission Vehicles

08 LGT 5 EAT ---No one has posted one yet.

08 OBXT 5EAT---No one has posted one yet.

07 LGT 5 EAT ---No one has posted one yet.

07 OBXT 5EAT ---No one has posted one yet.

Check out the link below for more information

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69369&page=1

i just did a search on this topic and found this thread.....i have an 08 lgt...and have never owned a subaru...but do have some high power turbo cars...with full aftermarket fuel systems. i have noticed a stutter (read hiccup) on my 08 but not all the time...only at WOT and mostly in 2nd...its only happened a couple times....long hills it's smooth...partial and med throttle it's smooth...wot in S# is where i got it...and it did feel like a small fuel cut around 4k rpm...i just got on this thread cause i haven't had my 08 very long but did notice the stutter (hiccup). i called the dealer and they are sayin they should have it mid month.

Thanks Capn. So your saying the flash you had made no difference? If that is the case, I might as well forget about this. Although I hate problems like this, I think I may just sell the 07 and buy an 08 that does have a permanent fix. I just cant believe this problem. Its surreal! If it wasn't for the snow that came down today I would really have no appreciation for this car. Great car, don't get me wrong but this drive ability issue is driving me nuts.

I just had my 2006 in for the 15,000 mile service, and I brought this up.

He knew exactly what I was talking about - he asked if it happened mainly under light acceleration before I went into detail. Apparently, it's been reported to him before.

Unfortunately, he said the only tech bulletin out on it is for the STIs. He said I should have them check each time I bring the car in.

Thanks Capn. So your saying the flash you had made no difference? If that is the case, I might as well forget about this. Although I hate problems like this, I think I may just sell the 07 and buy an 08 that does have a permanent fix. I just cant believe this problem. Its surreal! If it wasn't for the snow that came down today I would really have no appreciation for this car. Great car, don't get me wrong but this drive ability issue is driving me nuts.

I would say it did not make any differance at all. It is still there and is very noticable.

I'm not sure the 08 has a permanent fix. I have not heard that yet, but the pack numbers are different so maybe? I have heard the problem seems to go away on the spec b after the reflash however so there is hope! If Subaru does not solve the problem, I will wait for Cobb to do it.

Not that you should have to but you'd probably be money ahead by buying the AccessPort in a few weeks to fix the problem rather than trade in or sell the car. I know it sucks but that is what I'm planning on doing to fix the issue.

I'm pushing 2 months now, and the studder is gone with my reflash. I am at 3700 miles.... time for an oil change.....

I am very pleased with the change and notice no difference in power either, as osme people are reporting. Now that is getting cold I am actually noticing better pickup with the colder air... kinda nice :)

I would love to buy an Accessport, but knowing my dealer they will find out somehow and void my warranty.

That's always a possibility but the AP is almost undetectable when you flash back to stock and remove it from the car.

Plus, they CANNOT void your warranty on anything the AP doesn't cause. If you blow up your turbo because you run too high of boost on the AP, then IMO, you shouldn't get that covered under warranty. If you want to get a rattle fixed, the AP didn't cause that and they'd have to cover it.

it's been about two weeks now and my ECU Upgrade on my 2008 Spec B has eliminated the stutter.

I had mine reflashed by the dealer recently, too. The tech guy had only heard of a hesitation fix for sti's, but i asked them to check mine.

My stutter was minor (not the violent on-off that i experienced in an '06 lgt i test drove), but is now gone. HOWEVER, i have not had a chance to try it in hot weather.

If you think your stutter is really gone I believe I have a test to find out.

Log OL/CL status using enginuity using the dashboard.

Cruise on the highway, make sure the engine enters CL (8), give it a slightly amount of additional steady throttle so that that in ~1 second the engine enters OL (10). There should be no "thunk" from the engine, like a single misfire. Repeat until you feel this or you lose patience.

From what I've seen subaru doesn't alter any tables we look at, only code.

In my spec.b the stutter was improved after the flash, but not completely eliminated. The car has maybe 100 miles on it since the flash since I never drive it anymore, it will be a while until I can tell you if it has returned or not. I don't think any fix completely solves the issue for any year or gt/spec.b and many people have reported it returning. Also, no fix is available for automatics that we know of.

Where do you download enginuity and where do you get the cable?

• 1 month later...
Hate to bring up an old post, but took my car to the dealership. Expalained I have a intermittent acceleration problem. Explained the issue seems to get worse if S mode or S# dealer corrected the problem with air filter change. muahahhahaha best fix ever! Totally ridiculous! The car is going back to the dealer and perhaps they will realize the problem is still present with a "new air filter". How can you tell me a intermittent problem can be fixed with an air filter? Unreal, 16k on the car and think I need to sell it. I love the car, but i cant stand this studder!

By the way 93 octane every fill up.

Anyone from IL have a dealer that will reflash the car?

Thanks

Hey Everyone,

Figured I would post a quick update. The car is going back to the dealer to possibly get a reflash. I explained I heard of a reflash from SOA and provided the PAK number. As of right now they seem to act as if they dont know what Im talking about. I'll let you know if they find the flash and what they find.

It's out there. My impression from reading these forums and the other threads on this topic is that the stutter will go away and then it will return. I got the reflash. The stutter went away. 1000 miles or so and it came back. I couldn't say whether it was any better or worse than before. What seems to hold the most promise is the Cobb AP.

The initial reviews from 07+ owners who have the Cobb AP is that the power curve is much smoother. Of course, there aren't many miles logged on these cars as the product came available at the end of December. But, the reports thus far are promising.

Dont want to set myself up for a let down, but my car has had the flash. So far 250 miles and runs better than ever! (lets just hope it stays this way)

So thank you all for the information on the flash it was a great assistance!

• 1 month later...

Archived