LegacyGT.com

'05 stutters. '06 stutters. '07 stutters ....

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those that really have this problem, there is no driving around it. Mine stutters from 2500 to 4000 rpm, light throttle, medium, or WOT. Plus, it falls on its face almost every shift, before getting the message and actually accelerating. It is a big deal. See post #31 for more detail.

On the plus side, my dealer called to ask me to bring the car in for a second round of data logging - at the request of SOA. It seems that regularly bugging both the dealer and the folks at SOA (and getting a case #) has some effect.

Mention the word LEMON and they have a master technician from SOA, or if really needed, Japan to look at your vehicle ASAP. Thats where I'm headed...:cool:

how many 05's and 06's stayed stock until over 20,000 miles without stuttering? 07's and 08's have it BAD, and right off the lot. so what's different now? we actually want subaru to do something about it.

im so tired of people saying their 05 was stutter free from stock to stage2, go drive a higher mileage 05-06 or test drive a 07-08, it IS there and it IS bad. fill out the petiton while you are at it.

carter and I are actually trying to get this fixed, if you aren't stock and don't have it great, but seriously, what is the usefulness of this thread brady?

Currently at 25,000 miles, stock and don't believe I've experienced this "stuttering". (KNOCK ON WOOD!) What exactly is this? Like sputtering? Fuel cut? You guys are scaring me!:mad:

And if anything I'd think Subaru should've taken care of the problem on the newer '07 & '08 model already.

Currently at 25,000 miles, stock and don't believe I've experienced this "stuttering". (KNOCK ON WOOD!) What exactly is this? Like sputtering? Fuel cut? You guys are scaring me!:mad:

The "stutter" that I had was a boost surge, wher it'd drop down around 3,400rpms then re-boost back up... Basically if you're accelerating your head get's pulled back (g force), then goes back forward, then goes back again even though the accelerator has been applied consistantly.

The "stutter" that I had was a boost surge, wher it'd drop down around 3,400rpms then re-boost back up... Basically if you're accelerating your head get's pulled back (g force), then goes back forward, then goes back again even though the accelerator has been applied consistantly.

I wonder if that's how severe it is with the people complaining the loudest (if so, then it's certainly worth complaining about).

My 05 Legacy Wagon GT 5-speed has what I would characterize as a very mild stutter when accelerating -- I would describe it as the engine briefly clearing its throat. I certainly don't get any kind of dramatic fall-off in power -- it simply hesitates a bit for less than a second and doesn't pull quite as hard during that time (mind you, it's still accelerating -- just not quite as strongly).

Please Go To The Official Turbo Stutter Petition Forum And Fill Out The Complain Petition Form. It Only Takes A Few Mintues And Is The Only Chance For Many Of Us. We Can Make A Difference Together And Thats Why All The Models 04-08 Should Be Fixed Even If You Don't Know What The Problem Is If You Have A Subaru Go And Fill Out The Petition Because You Might Encounter The Problem Later On And There Will Be A Fix For It. It Only Takes You A Few Minutes To Fill Out The Form And Call S.o.a. And Get A Case #. Just Tell Them My Car Has The Famous Hesitation, Stutter Or Power Delivery Is Not Smooth Problem And I Need A Case #.

My 05 Legacy Gt Manual Trans. Has The Power Delivery Or Stutter Problem And It Can Be Very Annoying At Times. It Started At Around 29k Miles. For All Of You Who Don't Have The Problem Yet It Might Occur Down The Road And If You Would Like To Insure Your Self For Free Buy Making A Phone Call And Filling Out A Very Short Form, You Are Welcome To Do So In The Official Turbo Stutter Petition Forum.

Good Luck To Everyone And Please Call And Complain To S.o.a. When Ever You Have Some Free Time.

I am taking a vacation Day Thursday. A tech from Subaru is flaying up and the regional rep is coming along. Im kind of nervous.

I'm going to hope they fix the problem for you. Watching your issue in particular since I'd be looking at an auto if I get an XT or GT.

Re: being nervous - just remember the worst stutter event you ever had with the car, esp if it was at all dangerous. That will keep the fire in your fight.

Good luck!

Please Go To The Official Turbo Stutter Petition Forum And Fill Out The Complain Petition Form. It Only Takes A Few Mintues And Is The Only Chance For Many Of Us. We Can Make A Difference Together And Thats Why All The Models 04-08 Should Be Fixed Even If You Don't Know What The Problem Is If You Have A Subaru Go And Fill Out The Petition Because You Might Encounter The Problem Later On And There Will Be A Fix For It. It Only Takes You A Few Minutes To Fill Out The Form And Call S.o.a. And Get A Case #. Just Tell Them My Car Has The Famous Hesitation, Stutter Or Power Delivery Is Not Smooth Problem And I Need A Case #.

My 05 Legacy Gt Manual Trans. Has The Power Delivery Or Stutter Problem And It Can Be Very Annoying At Times. It Started At Around 29k Miles. For All Of You Who Don't Have The Problem Yet It Might Occur Down The Road And If You Would Like To Insure Your Self For Free Buy Making A Phone Call And Filling Out A Very Short Form, You Are Welcome To Do So In The Official Turbo Stutter Petition Forum.

Good Luck To Everyone And Please Call And Complain To S.o.a. When Ever You Have Some Free Time.

Wow that is probably the most eye-hurtingly annoyingly written post ever. But seriously, I filled out the petition and was told my petition was pulled because I had an '05 VIN and the '05s were already "fixed"

Wow that is probably the most eye-hurtingly annoyingly written post ever. But seriously, I filled out the petition and was told my petition was pulled because I had an '05 VIN and the '05s were already "fixed"

The '05's aren't fixed, they just don't have the issue this particular petition was organized for. Take it from someone who has driven both, you '05 and '06 people are lucky.

The '05's aren't fixed, they just don't have the issue this particular petition was organized for. Take it from someone who has driven both, you '05 and '06 people are lucky.

Sorry to all of you but I have no clue what happened and why every letter is capitalized. Wow.

I drive an 05 and I had the power delivery or engine misfire problem for the past year. It started at about 29k and I have had it ever since. I was able to sign up for the petition with no problems. I have had the ECU flash done and it doesn't do anything. My 05 legacy GT still has the power delivery or engine misfire also known as the stutter problem. The stutter is very inconsistent and is worse when the car is cold.

Do you know who pulled your petition? THE 05'S ARE NOT FIXED.

The way I see it is this. 2005 was the first next gen Legacy to be released. I'm supprised most of you didnt know NOT to buy a first model as they will most likely have the most problems. It is a fact that the 2005 MY have the most problems compared to 06 07 and 08 models. Why? Well I see the 2005 as the test mule. Every car company always has problems with a new model when it comes out. Look at the very forst Ford Focus. Many of them had to be Lemoned. Now (even though its a ford) its one of the most reliable fords. You can even look at the 05 Legacy's. The simple SAB's were installed backwards. I feel SOA has done everything they can to make the 05 MY operate as best as possible. I think if you 05 people still think you have problems, I would start a seperate petition. SOA realizes, but wont admit that they still have problems with the 05s, but it is a completely different problem than 06+. You cant compare them to 06+. On top of all that, the 07 and 08 have different Turbos which may affect this problem along with completely different programing that 05 and 06. And to be completely honest, I dont even know where 06 stands here. I think they are caught in the middle. If I had an 05 with the issue, I would have tried to lemon it a long time ago. I'm sure most of you would have thought this was normal because you had no previous model to compare it to at the time.

PS, I would also say SOA realizes the 05's were not the best, and near lemon status, but I'm sure most of you are past the lemon law by now. (not bashing)

Well not really. We did do the test drive on Thursday. I explained it in one of these threads, I can't remember which one, lol. The short explanation is, I drove like a granny, wasnt allowed to boost, told (not directly) that I should just drive in D and not use sport shift, took less than 30 min to complete. I was unable to view the logs. No contact the next day as promised, still waiting for the results. I am currently working on an intense letter of dissatisfaction to SOA HQ. I am writing that I am giving them 14 days to recieve a written letter of what their next step is going to be. If I do not get a letter back from them within the generous 14 days, needless to say I am going to send a second letter given to me by the state of Maine requesting a "Notice of Final Opportunity To Repair". They would then have 7 business days to comply (state law), if they do not then i have the right to seek full lemon law remedies. The State Attorney General would be involved. I do not have to pay anything for this service. The lemon law fee is $1 whenever you purchase a new vehicle. thats all I'm out. I'm hoping SOA will rectify the situation before it even goes that far, but if I am forced too, they will be the ones out money and time. It would be in their best interest to fix the problem, and fast. I am compeltely done messing around with them. And on a side note. my dealer ship has exceeded my expectations. They have been great trying to diagnose and find the problem. Unfortunately without success. I will keep you posted of course. :spin: <---me right now.

P.S. If the car was found out to be a lemon, SOA would have the option to offer a replacement vehicle. I have the right to reject a replacement and request a full refind. SOA would have to pay all costs including, but not limited to..finance charges, dealer fees, towing fees, full cost of vehicle (minus 10% I believe.)

PPS I am lucky the state of Maine has many options. I can opt for a State-Run Arbitration or a Manufacturer Sponsered Arbitration. If I go for the Manufacturer run, they can authorize further repairs or give me only a partial or full refund. I can reject their decision and start over for the state run, or I can sue them in court.

Is this similar to flooring a 2.2 NA motor at like 1,900 rpm? Instead of going faster, it nearly smashes your face through your steering wheel?

I bet my 1985 Loyale has more hesitation and stuttering problems than anyone else in this thread. :lol:

My car has never stuttered. 05' LGT. Actually i think i recall it happening in the beginning and when my cooling fan got stuck on they replaced my ECU and its been over 2 years since my car stuttered.

Archived