LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

I work for Avondale Subaru here in Avondale, AZ.... our lead tech is a personal friend of mine and a avid subaru modder. He is always looking for "known" issues and stuff like that... I will talk to him tomorrow and see what he says... I just got our one and only 2008 Spec.B about 3 days ago and noticed it has the choppiest acceleration I have ever seen for a turbo car. I will keep you all informed with what he says

07's too pretty please!!!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the 08 reflash doesnt decrease HP/TQ ratings...

Hard to say, but if the problem is in the 3-4000 rpm range then peak numbers would most likely stay the same, but you could lose some in the 3-4000 range.

Would I take a few less HP in the 3-4000 range to fix a car that falls on its face in that range anyway, bucks like a bronco, and accelerates like crap? YES. Abso-freaking-lutely.

I'd love the car if it ran right, but I am seriously considering lemon-lawing mine.

Here's my choice: $30K for a car that was supposed to be fun but runs like sh*t, or add a dohickey for $700 more that voids my warranty. OR get my $30k back.

Not NJ. But close. I had mine done at Bill Kolb in Orangeburg NY. Here's what my work order said:

"Customer states check for hesitation at between 2500 and 4000 RPM. Check for possible reflash.

Tech found TSB reflash on laptop and performed computer reflash,

Reflash computer for hesitation concern."

Speak to Greg in the service department. He will know what you are talking about.

Talked to my service writer this morning as I am still waiting to go into work.. he said he knows of no reflash but will connect to computer for me to find out... keep in mind I still haven't talked to my tech... but either way the service writer is a legacy driver and is very interested as well... I will keep you all posted

Hard to say, but if the problem is in the 3-4000 rpm range then peak numbers would most likely stay the same, but you could lose some in the 3-4000 range.

Would I take a few less HP in the 3-4000 range to fix a car that falls on its face in that range anyway, bucks like a bronco, and accelerates like crap? YES. Abso-freaking-lutely.

I'd love the car if it ran right, but I am seriously considering lemon-lawing mine.

Here's my choice: $30K for a car that was supposed to be fun but runs like sh*t, or add a dohickey for $700 more that voids my warranty. OR get my $30k back.

What state do you live in? What is the lemon law there??

Here is the Maine Law

IS MY VEHICLE COVERED UNDER THE LEMON LAW

You may apply for Lemon Law Arbitration if your vehicle is seriously defective before any of the following Lemon Law limits have been reached:

1.three (3) years from the date your vehicle was originally sold,

or

2.the end of the manufacturer express warranty term.

The defect you are complaining about must occur before the vehicle has 18,000 miles on it. The Lemon Law can apply to new vehicles, used vehicles (if still within the Lemon Law limits), motorcycles and motor homes.

I'm now thinking about how the senior reps dont like calling me back, after I have requested it 4 times, I ended up calling and once they were available, and not on vacation. I am waiting again to hear back about that Pak #. If I dont get a call by the end of business today, I think i will call and open up the lemon law as an option. That might get someones attention.

I'm now thinking about how the senior reps dont like calling me back, after I have requested it 4 times, I ended up calling and once they were available, and not on vacation. I am waiting again to hear back about that Pak #. If I dont get a call by the end of business today, I think i will call and open up the lemon law as an option. That might get someones attention.

That is really unprofessional of them.

Why don't you ask them who their manager is and escalate it up the line? They may not know the answers in regards to the hesitation but I'm sure they can tell you who their manager is.

I did this once with a branch of a bank I was dealing with. Kept on escalating until I got their vice president on the phone. :lol:

That is really unprofessional of them.

Why don't you ask them who their manager is and escalate it up the line? They may not know the answers in regards to the hesitation but I'm sure they can tell you who their manager is.

I did this once with a branch of a bank I was dealing with. Kept on escalating until I got their vice president on the phone. :lol:

If I recall correctly when I called earlier last month, I thought the reps said that the senior reps were the highest (when you call 1-800-SOA SUCKS ASS) But I am on hold right now waiting for a rep to pick up. I am going to ask whats going on and why no one has called me back. And if I dont like the answer I am going to mention "LEMON" and ask about higher ups.

I know that the regional rep for Maine was aware of my issue, and was in contact with the dealership when my car first went in for this problem, but as far as SOA was concerned my car is operating normally. I dont think it is. Especially if there is a flash update. 2 since I've had my car (going by the info I found here, 1 in May, and one on Sept 10th) My car was manufactured 04/07.

Convieniently the senior rep and manager for New England are unavailable. The senior rep was out yesterday and today. I told the guy I spoke with that I need a call back tomorrow, no excuses. Tomorrow they have short hours, shorter than their normal hours for a friday (must be nice) 10:30-3:00. I did mention that if this doesnt get resolved soon or if no one calls me back just to let me know the status I will be taking the steps to lemon the vehicle. (likely it will never happen). Then he said someone will definately call me back. The only thing I want right now is verification that there is an update and that the dealer will be able to have it on hand when I go out there Wednesday night. They are staying specially for me.

Just had a reflash done today. Work order says:

Checked programming. OLD- 226UAM96A

Installed new programming. NEW- 226UAM96B

We'll see what happens in a week or so.

Can you tell me the manufacture date of your vehicle (its on the drivers door, silver sticker) and when you bought it? :)

Also forgot to mention that the service technician mentioned that this flash is only for spec.Bs. I laughed at him, asked him if he was serious and the conversation ended there.

All this means is that spec.Bs are the guinea pigs. :(

I will say that after 50 miles or so there is definitely no loss in power after the flash... which surprises me alot.

lol

Also forgot to mention that the service technician mentioned that this flash is only for spec.Bs. I laughed at him, asked him if he was serious and the conversation ended there.

I got the reflash yesterday and was also told it was not for the lgt but only for the spec.b - as they said that the ecu programming is different

Archived