LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HAHA, that invoice is a riot, "Mileage in 250 Mileage out 250." Well at 250 miles the ECU is still learning and I would say all the dealer did was unplug the battery and plug it back in. I bet they were in and out in under 5 minutes. This is of no use to anyone.

HAHA, that invoice is a riot, "Mileage in 250 Mileage out 250." Well at 250 miles the ECU is still learning and I would say all the dealer did was unplug the battery and plug it back in. I bet they were in and out in under 5 minutes. This is of no use to anyone.

LOL Maybe if I wasn't standing there in the bay talking to the tech while he was flashing the car I might think so to.

Its not my fault your dealers suck. I read the display on the programmer thingie. It listed the update and the problem on the screen. I watched it go thru the flash. They told me to let it idle a bit then go romp on it (lol they know I drive hard) to get the computer to learn a bit. I've put 200 more miles on it since then. Car runs SOOO much better.

Its not my fault your dealers suck. I read the display on the programmer thingie. It listed the update and the problem on the screen. I watched it go thru the flash. They told me to let it idle a bit then go romp on it (lol they know I drive hard) to get the computer to learn a bit. I've put 200 more miles on it since then. Car runs SOOO much better.

What's messed up is that some dealers get their flash before others do. You'd figure that every dealer in the network gets the flash the same day. There's been some instances where dealer A gets a flash or some kind of fix a week or two ahead of dealer B. I don't know why.

I lol'd at the bold. :lol:

Mika

Finally someone else who knows theres a update available. Jesus. Its been out that long? I only got my car like 3 weeks ago and got it fixed within 2 weeks of ownership. You guys have had your cars how long and couldn't figure it out yet? WTF? Your dealers really do suck balls.

Finally someone else who knows theres a update available. Jesus. Its been out that long? I only got my car like 3 weeks ago and got it fixed within 2 weeks of ownership. You guys have had your cars how long and couldn't figure it out yet? WTF? Your dealers really do suck balls.

lol well at least i see some light here.

Well Casey Subaru/VW/Buick/Mahindra or whatever else they are selling.I took it in about 4-5 months ago for same issue ,plus left door speaker rattle and HVAC fluctuation.Odometer the same ,seat in the same position.All NPF,NPF,NPF.Operator errors yadda yadda.I see guys to the same thing all day long at my Shop w/o even looking for a TSB.Only positive experience I've had is from RK in Norfolk.Any software Reflash# or TSB # So I can speed things up with the "booger-eaters"at Casey and prove there is a Reflash?

I spoke with my dealer about 3 weeks ago and asked him to investigate this problem. About the same time, a couple of his Subaru Techs went to class for 08 training. He asked them about it when they got back and they said in their training, the "instructor" spoke of the reflash for the STI and LGT. If I understood him correctly, they brought back the reflash program with them from class.

Could it be the dealers you spoke to haven't sent the techs to update training yet and that's why they don't have the reflash yet?

Mine will be in next Friday for the update.

I went to the TSB site I didn't find any TSB's for the engine ,just the one on the Brakes?Also they didn't elaborate on the TSb for the brakes so I have no Idea what it is.When I went to the dealer the Tech seemed more intent on bitching about how little hours he was turning than to actually deal with a customer 15 minutes before his lunch break.The whole time I kept quite that I've been a tech for over 16 years.But on the way out of the door I was reminded to give them a good CSI survey.Oh well.I'm off to put a lightweight crank pulley on the OB.I hope to get something that closely resembles a responsive engine.

OK so I called the dealership in AR where Ryokosman got his flash done....they said that the 08 flash came out about a week ago, and the 07 flash came out in May sometime. He said there is no "serial number" or anything for the flash, your dealer has to just look it up on their computer. I called my dealership in Charleston, and he said he hasn't heard of a new flash. Then I told him that the other guy said there was one, and he was like "Oh...well then, come on in!" So I'm going tomorrow to see if I can get this worked out. I'll let you guys know.

Just got off the phone with Subaru tonight. My case has not been closed. My originating dealer had put on the invoice when they gave my car back to me that the case was closed. This whole time I thought that it was indeed closed, but in fact it has gone the total oposite. My case and problem have been elevated to a senior representative at Subaru, slowly working its way up the chain of people. The senior rep is currently discussing my case with the techs at Subaru to find out what is going on with the vehicle and if a real problem really exists. There is currently NO update for the original 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited ECM. I do wonder though if there may be a difference between the GT and the Spec b and that is were the update is. I am now going to call dealers all accross the country to see if anyone has an update. It is almost 7PM EDT so I will work my way slowly towards the west coast.

1 hour later....

Lynwood Motors IL

NO

Burt Subaru CO

NO

Big Valley CA

Bring car for accurate inspection

Carlsen Subaru CA

NO

Fourtyniner Subaru CA

NO

Cypress Mazda Subaru CA

NO

Jensen Motor Center CA

NO

Irvine Subaru

STi - YES

LGT - NO

I think I called enough places. Some people even laughed at me...."on an 08!?!?!?" like I was crazy.

took mine to the dealer today after reading this thread. No bulletins for a reflash. then the tech put it on the computer that goes directly to subaru (there scan tool) and it said there were no reflashes or my vehicle. So i test drove with him, showed him what it was exactly. He then said he was going to call techline and would get back to me...i should know something by tomorow.

Archived