LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

I found out there is a new pack number for the 07 LGT 5MT that was recently released. From what I've heard, this is only an interim fix until Subaru comes out with the final version.

07GT 5MT - 22611AL80C

Got another flash again today that is an update from the interim I posted earlier. They did not put a pack number on my slip. I will have to contact the dealer to see if they will divulge it.

So far everything feels good. Stutter free... (knock on wood)

If you take your car in, be prepared to wait for an hour. Subaru has stated the car's battery must be charged for 45 minutes prior to the update being loaded.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got another flash again today that is an update from the interim I posted earlier. They did not put a pack number on my slip. I will have to contact the dealer to see if they will divulge it.

So far everything feels good. Stutter free... (knock on wood)

If you take your car in, be prepared to wait for an hour. Subaru has stated the car's battery must be charged for 45 minutes prior to the update being loaded.

If SOA didnt give us crappy batteries that wouldnt be necessary.:rolleyes:

No complaints as of right now, kind of :) . I had my radio replaced and alternator diagnosed. They did a botch job putting it back together. Panels don't align and mt intercooler fins a bent. I'm actually going to see them this morning because they want to see me.

I know it wasn't there before. I've been under my hood everyday checking the battery/alternator. Its a perfect diagonal "dent" about 3/4 of an inch. I went in and the manager looked at everything. They want me to drop it off next week and I'll say I'm a little reluctant to do so. These things are minor and I can fix 2 out of the 3 screw ups. The third one requires the whole center console to be removed and I'm not up to that task. I have pics of the damage I will post when I get home.

center console is cake to take out, you can get a trim kit for like $5 or just tape a flat-head. unclip it in the right spots and everything slides right out. check the audio forums for more detail, nothing difficult there.

yeah. save yourself some future heartache. do it yourself. t'ain't hard.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

center console is cake to take out, you can get a trim kit for like $5 or just tape a flat-head. unclip it in the right spots and everything slides right out. check the audio forums for more detail, nothing difficult there.

I don't mean to be lazy but could you link the threads you speak of? I'm just trying to find spec.B specific threads for my video cable... thanks :)

lol

I never looked at any threads, so im not sure. If I remember correctly, there is 3 points on the top and two on the bottom. They are very easy to feel. Once you get the top ones loose, stick some cardboard or another trim puller in there to stop it from clipping back in while you work the bottom ones. When they are all loose it pulls right out and then there are two screws holding the screen to the bracket. You need to pull the screen back and angle it slightly so you can disconnect the two wiring harnesses. Plug a video cable in and either run it straight over to the glove box or down behind the center console and tuck it under the shifter (you can remove that, but it is much more difficult). Before you put everything back, turn the car on and press the info button twice. If the screen is black the cable is working. Very carefully put everything back, but before you tighten it down, again make sure the screen is functioning. If you use a heavy duty video cable it will come disconnected when you put the unit back in. So unfortunately you will need to use a cheaper 18awg cable with crappy shielding if you want it to stay without cutting. To enable video output while driving, you will need to clip a cable back there. If i remember correctly it is the gray cable. I have the link at home so I can pm you later, or you can search.

I was afraid of scratching or breaking trim pieces, but its just one of those things that once you get to doing it, it is simple and harmless. I've had mine off a few times now (cause I used lower awg cable and kept loosing signal), and it takes less than 5 minutes to take it all apart, fix the cable and put it back.

Anyhow, this is a ecu related thread. Might want to search or ask in the audio/video forum so we can stay on topic. I will pm you the link tonight when I get home.

I think that the hesitation might be caused by normal shifting patterns. Most people during everyday driving will upshift between 3k and 4k rpms, so the computer picks that up and thinks that you are going to shift, so it cuts power. It sounds to me like disconnecting the battery "resets" the ECU temporarilly removing the hesitation issues until the car relearns your driving habits.

Seeing as how everyone who goes in to get the "flash" done comes out happy for the first few hundred miles but then it comes back, and some people are more permanently fixed, I would wager that some of the dealers aren't reflashing anything, just disconnecting the battery (or in some cases charging it for 45 minutes) thereby resetting the ECU.

I think that if you have had the "reflash" done and had the hesitation come back, that you should go back to the dealer and have it done again and watch them do it. The battery should never have to be disconnected because the ECU needs power to have it's programming changed.

Has anyone had the hesitation come back who watched the dealer install the new map?

• 5 years later...

Hey just found this thread. I've noticed some surging in power(not just the turbo lag) in my 07 Spec B and thought maybe my clutch was starting to slip but it wasn't showing other typical clutch slip symptoms.

When getting on the gas moderate to heavy there's a dip in acceleration that then picks back up midway through the rev range. Sounds like that's what's being talking about here. Suppose it's possible the original owner of mine never got this reflash. I'll ask about it at the dealer.

Archived