LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

I went to the dealer today and got an appt scheduled for Tuesday to have the car inspected. The service rider I talked to knew of the flash for the 07 STI and of a flash for the Legacy but he wasn't certain which years or models were affected (he did know of the hesitation issue). I told him he would not find a TSB or anything on the tech line, but that rumor is that a fix is available and other customers have had the flash.

I have an open SOA case #, the work order from ryokosman, shortbus' dyno chart, info from jon [ct] pertaining to the flashes availability, and my stutter petition with 40 entries. I also have another car on order that I am supposed to take delivery of on the same day.

I think with all of that, if there is a flash available, I will not be leaving the dealer Tuesday without it.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my car in for service on Wednesday at Manchester Subaru and while they said there was a reflash for such a studder, I'm pretty sure I'm being haunted by it again 4 days later.

I'll see what it does on my commute tomorrow, but it seems to have come up again today. There is no real "part number" for the reflash on my order.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Had my car reflashed today. Night and day difference. No more jerky behavior, and rev matching is much improved. I've never been able to shift my car smoothly in 13,000 miles until today. If you are in Portland, go see Spencer at Wentworth, he's really great.

Now I am not sure this will work because on my car, it will stutter even after you reset the ECU but bear with me.......

I own an S2000, and they will always put out slightly more power after a reset because the computer goes through the learning and pulls out some timing. Some of the S2000 guys have modified the wiring harness to the ecu so instead of providing a constant source of power, they changed the "hot" wire to be switched only. So every time they shut off the car, the ecu is reset and is always providing the most power in stock form.

I would not recommend this for non-stock cars, but when the car goes out of warranty, if resetting the ecu fixes the stutter, it may be an option for some. Although a better option would be for subaru to figure it out and fix it.

My problem is that the car will run fine about 5% of the time. And coincidently, it has run just fine both times I went for a ride with the tech. Fortunately for me, the techs kept it overnight only to have the problem show itself to them in the morning.

LOL Dealer called earlier asking if I had put something saying they had fixed my car online. Said SOA even called asking them what was up. Adventure Subaru wants to know why no one else knows how to do their job???

I never referenced you, I actually forgot all of my documentation in the other car. But my dealer was aware of the flash and did it without arguing. I did have to take the tech on a ride along and explain to him that I knew a flash was available to remedy it, he said there sure is, lets go back to the dealer now and fix it. The service rider wanted to keep the car all day to diagnose it, but I told them I was only there for a ride along and possibly a flash.

... but the flash didn't work.

I never referenced you, I actually forgot all of my documentation in the other car. But my dealer was aware of the flash and did it without arguing. I did have to take the tech on a ride along and explain to him that I knew a flash was available to remedy it, he said there sure is, lets go back to the dealer now and fix it.

More detail please.... What do you mean the flash didnt work? Did the ECU not take it (i.e. wrong vehicle) or did it just not change anything? What did the dealer say after that?

I never referenced you, I actually forgot all of my documentation in the other car. But my dealer was aware of the flash and did it without arguing. I did have to take the tech on a ride along and explain to him that I knew a flash was available to remedy it, he said there sure is, lets go back to the dealer now and fix it. The service rider wanted to keep the car all day to diagnose it, but I told them I was only there for a ride along and possibly a flash.

I don't care if I'm referenced. Sorry the fix didn't work as well for you as it did me. Good thing you got it done tho. Never know if you don't try.

Stewart, assuming that you got flashed today, you knew immediately that the flash didn't work. I'm 100 miles into mine and it is still rock steady. It is a completely transformed car. I hope that this new found smoothness doesn't disappear by the end of the tank (+/- 150 more miles). I'll let you know. Maybe you should go see Spencer?

Stewart, assuming that you got flashed today, you knew immediately that the flash didn't work. I'm 100 miles into mine and it is still rock steady. It is a completely transformed car. I hope that this new found smoothness doesn't disappear by the end of the tank (+/- 150 more miles). I'll let you know. Maybe you should go see Spencer?

Easton, I'm pretty sure that the flash is to a revised firmware that would be the same version across any dealer as long as they have received the update. I think my car is closer to that of dbrunone where the stutter may be reduced but not gone. I only did one pull and it was not bad, but definitely not eliminated. CARR is about 4 blocks from my office and the streets here arehighly patrolled, so I couldn't test it any more than that. How many times have you seen photo radar vans or patrol cars when visiting AVAD?

I'm not really enjoying this new Impreza much, so I think I will take my car out for lunch today and test it a bit more. If it is still bad, or comes back I will probably call spencer @ wentworth. Is he a service rider or service manager? Last name?

called my dealer. i said to the guy listen, there is an update it is not on tech net and no tsb was issued but if you plug in your laptop b/c it is a can bus it will find an update. he said ok and no cost and i am scheduled tomorrow.

08 lgt.

Who the eff started calling people service riders? As in they are riding a horse. It's service WRITER. Or even service ADVISOR. /rant

Mika

I used to work in service at Lexus and that is when I started hearing the term, but actually never had seen it written out. To me 'rider' made no sense, but thats what I thought I had heard. Thanks Easton, for kindly correcting me.

Why in the heck did you buy an Impreza?!?!

We traded in our 2004 Hyundai Accent, I couldn't stand having two dark cars and putting all the miles on my car. Needed to be a auto, and I didn't want to get her a WRX with 250hp directly after the slow Accent. She loves the car and is very excited. I think it is a fine upgrade from the Accent, but not $16k better. It has nothing on our wish list (power seats, heated seats, sunroof, 6-disc). I wanted to get a 08 Legacy 2.5i Limited, but she couldn't see her blind spots in that car and she fell in love with the way the Impreza drove in about 0.1 seconds. Thus ordered a Spark Silver 2008 Impreza 2.5i Auto Sedan with Premium Pkg and Navigation Pkg and picked it up this Monday.

Anyhow, its off topic in this thread, I had a whole writeup about in it general that got passed right up. I'll see if I can find a link and update the thread (post-purchase) later.

LOL Dealer called earlier asking if I had put something saying they had fixed my car online. Said SOA even called asking them what was up. Adventure Subaru wants to know why no one else knows how to do their job???

Hey Ryokosman,

I just went for ride with the service manager at my dealer to demonstrate the stutter. We also took a new one off the lot for comaprison and it has the stutter too. He looked online for May reflashes and did not find the correct one. Do think that your dealer would give you the correct PAK file # to post so we can bring that to our dealers?

I sure hope yours is still running ok. It would be nice to know there is a fix. I still question it though that it is perhaps not the ecu, because I can't figure out why out of a group of four 07's I have driven with the same stock map, 3 were perfect and mine sucks.

Archived