LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I went to my dealership's service manager today and had him search for a reflash to fix the stutter. (by the way I couldn't get it to stutter once when I was driving with him. Isn't it always like that) They have the system where they hook the car up to a laptop and it scans your ECU, and is connected to Subaru to search for updates. It found nothing, but I told the guy that he had to search manually for it. He did find an update for Cali-FED spec legacys and the description specifically said "Fix for 3000-4000 RPM hesitation". He actually loaded that on my car, (even though I wasn't sure I wanted CALI spec maps on my car). He assured me that the Cali-spec map is better anyway lol. I don't buy that. I think it will still stutter, but we'll see. I'm really more interested in getting the throttle to stop delaying so long when trying to take off from a stop. Just holding breath for the AP. Hopefully that fixes this once and for all, and gives me a little more responsiveness. (if it ever comes out)

Had my car in for an oil change today and also the re-flash. Unfortunately the service guy and tech were gone when I picked up the car so I couldn't pick their brain on it. The invoice said something interesting. What are your thoughts?

"Engine surge upon accel"

"Tech found ECM lost programming Tech Reprogrammed"

"PCM Relearned OK now"

The only other numbers listed were A455281 and UEC43 T71 7

The stutter is still there, but it is not nearly as bad as it was. Mine was to the point the car would jerk pretty violently while accelerating. Let's see if it stays this way...

Everyone needs to call Subaru, I think the number is 1-800-subaru3, and tell them how much the dealerships SUCK! Or they already know, and just act like they dont. Everytime I have called them I get, "oh we havent heard of this problem" or "we havent had any complaints about that dealership". I am getting tired of this. I will never own another Subaru.

Well, here I am a little over a week and 500 miles after I had my reflash done. I just came home from a several-day-long roadtrip that gave me lots of opportunities to test the new mapping, and all I can say is... the stutter is still there.

Pre-reflash, I was noticing the stutter primarily in 2nd gear, with throttle wide open, accelerating between 3000-4000rpm. Post-reflash, I seem to be seeing it mainly in 3rd and 4th gear (2nd is fairly smooth), but the stutter is just as pronounced. It's really quite annoying, and the reflash didn't improve things one bit.

Time for Cobb, I think.

Why don't you call them???

I called them once, but was told they were busy and to try back later. I don't know how willing they will be to track down a file number if I am not a customer but we will see.

My dealer finally found a pak file for an 08 Legacy, but it will not load to an 07 ecu. That pisses me off because I am not aware they changed anything in the engine so if there was a problem with 08's stuttering at 3-4000 rpm, you would think they might have the same issue with 07's. BUt apparently they pay no attention to people with this problem since stutter seems to have been an issue since 05.

Reflash PAK file for 08 (And I was told this file came out Sept 10) is

wait for it........

wait for it.......

22611 AM96B

if that works, your welcome. I'll trade you for an 07 reflash.

Just on a really stupid side note, your post numer here and on the other thread is #142. Interesting...:spin:

Also I just got off the phone with SOA asking them about that PAK file # you have provided. I hope they dont read this, and really no offense to them. But they are STUPID. The rep I spoke with didnt even know what I meant by "PAK file" or "ECU update" and "ECU reflash". They dont even know what an update is, let alone if an update is available. At that point I got a little fresh and said to him "Am I using the wrong terminalogy or what?!" None of the reps I have spoken to know of any updates, problems, recalls, TSB's. Not a damn thing. It kind of pisses me off. And all the senior reps I know of are women (not that it matters, kind of) who, the one I talked to, knew nothing. I could almost just picture her face with a blank stare when I spoke to her last week. The regular reps all have told me that only the senior reps have access to the "technical" information. So why even bother calling them if all they can tell you is "All our vehicles come standard with symetrical AWD!!" I want answers, I want technical information, I want to know what is wrong with my car, I want to know why nothing is being done about it, I want to know why I am not being notified by SOA when an update is available, I want to know why no one calls me back, I want to know why nobody at SOA knows anything, I want to know why the dealer blows me off. And most of all I want to know how the heck Subaru is even in business here in the US if everyone who works there seems to know absoloutly nothing! I told the dealer I was coming in next wednesday and I want them to hook up their computer.

I described the problem to the service manager at my dealer. He called Subaru and the person he spoke to was unaware of the issue but promised to look into it. They got back to him with the information that they had a reflash for just what he (I) described, and they gave me the reflash. I drove the car home today, and so far so good.

I work for Avondale Subaru here in Avondale, AZ.... our lead tech is a personal friend of mine and a avid subaru modder. He is always looking for "known" issues and stuff like that... I will talk to him tomorrow and see what he says... I just got our one and only 2008 Spec.B about 3 days ago and noticed it has the choppiest acceleration I have ever seen for a turbo car. I will keep you all informed with what he says

I work for Avondale Subaru here in Avondale, AZ.... our lead tech is a personal friend of mine and a avid subaru modder. He is always looking for "known" issues and stuff like that... I will talk to him tomorrow and see what he says... I just got our one and only 2008 Spec.B about 3 days ago and noticed it has the choppiest acceleration I have ever seen for a turbo car. I will keep you all informed with what he says

That would be really awesome. Thank you!:)

Archived