LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

FYI, this is the reply I got when asking about the reflash fix:

"

We suggest that if you have an issue at this time, please allow your Subaru dealership to inspect your vehicle. They are in the best position to diagnose a problem. I can advise you that we have issued a Technical Service Bulletin in regards to a hesitation at certain RPM's, TSB # 11-83-07. I would suggest referencing this bulletin when making your appointment with the dealership as they would be better able to discuss applicability to your vehicle."

hope it helps someone...

That tsb is for STi's

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I've got you beat dr_sharp. On my St. Helens drive I fueled up and reset my trip meter aprox 50 highway miles from the route. After that trip I refueled at the same station and navi read 12. My daily commute will yeild ~17.5 mpg 100% city, I don't drive it hard everyday. My friends 483whp methyl injection evo got exactly the same mpg's.

haha, don't want ot make it a competition but 19 is my 13k mile average. Take half of that to be 25mpg gallon hwy miles and I'm roughly 13mpg city everyday ;)

lol

I got my car back from the dealer. They have verified the information on the updates that have been posted on the previous pages. The only problem for me is that they only apply to MANUAL transmissions. The only thing I can think of, and it might be a long shot, but the 5EAT has more brains than a 5MT. All these brains are one unit in the ECU. Maybe they havent developed one for the 5EAT yet....:confused:

Well talked to my master tech again and he said that our district manager knows about the problem and has the proper update on his laptop. He is supposed to be down today for some other stuff including this. Come to find out our SDS machine isn't updating and therefor we didn't have the update, hence him not knowing about it or finding out about it. He is supposed to reflash me today so we'll see how that goes. I will post my findings either way.

-Jason

Avondale Subaru Sales

Well talked to my master tech again and he said that our district manager knows about the problem and has the proper update on his laptop. He is supposed to be down today for some other stuff including this. Come to find out our SDS machine isn't updating and therefor we didn't have the update, hence him not knowing about it or finding out about it. He is supposed to reflash me today so we'll see how that goes. I will post my findings either way.

-Jason

Avondale Subaru Sales

If you think about it, post up the reflash part number so we can compare it to any others that are being used.

haha, don't want ot make it a competition but 19 is my 13k mile average. Take half of that to be 25mpg gallon hwy miles and I'm roughly 13mpg city everyday ;)

I don't drive that way everyday. I have only "driven" the car three times. Now it just sits in the garage though. Only time it has came out in the last month is to go get the reflash done. Gonna bring it out soon to get the STi STS installed.

I got my car back from the dealer. They have verified the information on the updates that have been posted on the previous pages. The only problem for me is that they only apply to MANUAL transmissions. The only thing I can think of, and it might be a long shot, but the 5EAT has more brains than a 5MT. All these brains are one unit in the ECU. Maybe they havent developed one for the 5EAT yet....:confused:

Carter, I will compile an updated list and email you. As far as I know, you cannot determine AT/MT from the VIN, but I will look at the VIN decoding again to be sure. The AT "is" smarter than the 5/6MT, a MT has no brains, it's up to the driver. Since the SI-Drive controls the shift points, there could be some truth to what the dealer/SOA is saying. So your question should not be, is there any 5EAT's affected, because we all know that is for certain, but rather, if any affected 5EAT's have received a reflash.

Waaayyy back when (233 posts ago), the OP linked to Christian's thread on CobbForums. On that thread, I posted a request for Christian or Trey to give us an update on the AP for 07&08 LGTs. My request was on the 23rd and there has been no response from Cobb.

:attention:

What is the point for a vendor to host their own forums if they aren't going to monitor them (at best) or respond to requests for information (at worst)??? Cobb has a reputation for producing quality products, but customer service is what sets a supplier apart from its competition. Personally, I'd rather spend my money with a company that cares about its customers' questions. I thought it was cool that Christian came to LGT.com and let everyone know that good things were coming, but once again they've created a flurry of anticipation and then forgot about the people that they've tantalized.

Aaarrrgghhhhh! :spin::spin::spin:

:soap_box:

I saw Christian post in a thread about spark plug advice and wondered if it was the same guy. I followed Neurodancer's post to the Cobb forum and sure enough there was some feedback.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurodancer http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/smilies/Poke.gif Hey Christian (or Trey), Just a bump for updates... Any news???

Unfortunately, no updates as of yet. We have one calibration engineer who has been and will be out of town at SCCA Nationals until next week. This is not an excuse, just reality. After this week, I will try to at least get up some initial dyno information so you can see what these cars are starting with.

Take care,

Christian.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, we have nothing yet and supposedly next week we'll get some tantalizing numbers. If the numbers turn out to be good and the release date drags on, you'll think that THIS wait was a short commercial break!

Oh well, I've gotta plate the Leggy tomorrow so I'll be broke for a couple of years anyway....:lol:

I just returned from the dealer (Welsh Subaru, Limerick, PA) after having the reflash done on my 07 Spec-B. So far, the difference is night and day. The hesitation is gone from all gears, both in S and S# Mode (I know, report back in 1000 miles or so, i get it). Acceleration and shifts are both much smoother. S Mode feels almost like the S# used to; S# even quicker/smoother. Anyway, I asked for and received a print-out from the Service Dept of the reflash info, so here it is (copied as printed on the page):

Search Result

Pack Number: 22611AL81C

Year: 2007

Vehicle Line: Legacy Spec-B

Emmision [sic] spec: FED, CAL

Engine: 2.5L

Aspiration: Turbo

Transmission: MT

CPU: ECM

Details

Update(s) for: Hesitation at 3000-4000 rpm during acceleration

Necessary connector: None

NSM (SSM2) Pass-Thru capable: Yes

Decryption keyword: 0625B6F5

SUM value: 6434

New CID: A2UI001L

Hope this helps some of you.

^^ Excellent! Thanks for posting all the work order information. It appears that I should be calling the "part" number a "pack" number.

So, here's what we've got so far on the 07-08 reflash pack numbers:

All of these are for MT cars by the way as it appears the automatics don't have the issue.

07GT: No one has posted one yet.

07GTsB: 22611AL81C

08GT: 226UAM96B

08 GTsB: No one has posted one yet.

Side Note:

I talked to my dad earlier today and he told me his 07GT (MT)was at the dealer getting the driver's seat replaced. He bought the car a month ago and the leather on the seat was worn. Anyway, he had mentioned the stutter to me (he described it as "the engine cutting out") shortly after he got the car and I told him I was watching the forums for info for him. Amazingly, (to me), he hadn't told the dealer about wanting a reflash so I told him to do so.

I might have 07GT pack number info sometime soon from him. I'd still like to see another few other 07GTsBs and 08GT pack numbers though so I can unscientifically confirm that each specific year/variant is getting the same pack numbered reflash each time. If you're not one of the two that have already posted your pack numbers, do so please.

Anyway, notice the 07 GTsB is different from the 08GT.

Same engine/turbo combo and same tranny etc. I wonder why they might be different? Is it the model year that is a difference to SOA or is because one is a GT and the other is an sB variant? Hmmm...dunno yet.

PSS, Once I find out how the dealer handled his reflash, I'll get off my @ss and get our 08 GTsB done. :rolleyes:

^^ Excellent! Thanks for posting all the work order information. It appears that I should be calling the "part" number a "pack" number.

So, here's what we've got so far on the 07-08 reflash pack numbers:

All of these are for MT cars by the way as it appears the automatics don't have the issue.

07GT: No one has posted one yet.

07GTsB: 22611AL81C

08GT: 226UAM96B

08 GTsB: No one has posted one yet.

Side Note:

I talked to my dad earlier today and he told me his 07GT (MT)was at the dealer getting the driver's seat replaced. He bought the car a month ago and the leather on the seat was worn. Anyway, he had mentioned the stutter to me (he described it as "the engine cutting out") shortly after he got the car and I told him I was watching the forums for info for him. Amazingly, (to me), he hadn't told the dealer about wanting a reflash so I told him to do so.

I might have 07GT pack number info sometime soon from him. I'd still like to see another few other 07GTsBs and 08GT pack numbers though so I can unscientifically confirm that each specific year/variant is getting the same pack numbered reflash each time. If you're not one of the two that have already posted your pack numbers, do so please.

Anyway, notice the 07 GTsB is different from the 08GT.

Same engine/turbo combo and same tranny etc. I wonder why they might be different? Is it the model year that is a difference to SOA or is because one is a GT and the other is an sB variant? Hmmm...dunno yet.

PSS, Once I find out how the dealer handled his reflash, I'll get off my @ss and get our 08 GTsB done. :rolleyes:

Dont take me negatively, but you cant just say 07/08 LGT and spec.b. For the LGT there is only a flash for the 5MT. There is no reflash for the 5EAT. I may be one of the few here with a 5EAT, but that doesnt matter. I want my car fixed too. The PAK files would not be the same either for both AT and MT as the TCU is incorportated into the ECU (So I have been told by the dealer). The 5EAT requires more brains than a 5MT would.

You need to split up as

08 LGT 5 MT

08 LGT 5 EAT

08 spec.b

07 LGT 5 MT

07 LGT 5 EAT

07 spec.b

^^

Sorry about that Carter, I guess I knew that you wanted your ride reflashed too,

but I thought the automatics weren't stuttering so I forgot to include them.

Here we go then, the PAK numbers for reflashes we have so far are:

08 LGT 5 MT ---226UAM96B

08 LGT 5 EAT ---No one has posted one yet.

08 spec.b ---No one has posted one yet.

07 LGT 5 MT ---No one has posted one yet.

07 LGT 5 EAT ---No one has posted one yet.

07 spec.b ---22611AL81C

PS anyone know what "PAK" stands for? I thought I saw a dealer spell it "pack",

but I've seen other dealer info that says "PAK". I'm sure PAK is correct, but it stands for :confused:

I just returned from the dealer (Welsh Subaru, Limerick, PA) after having the reflash done on my 07 Spec-B. So far, the difference is night and day. The hesitation is gone from all gears, both in S and S# Mode (I know, report back in 1000 miles or so, i get it). Acceleration and shifts are both much smoother. S Mode feels almost like the S# used to; S# even quicker/smoother. Anyway, I asked for and received a print-out from the Service Dept of the reflash info, so here it is (copied as printed on the page):

Search Result

Pack Number: 22611AL81C

Year: 2007

Vehicle Line: Legacy Spec-B

Emmision [sic] spec: FED, CAL

Engine: 2.5L

Aspiration: Turbo

Transmission: MT

CPU: ECM

Details

Update(s) for: Hesitation at 3000-4000 rpm during acceleration

Necessary connector: None

NSM (SSM2) Pass-Thru capable: Yes

Decryption keyword: 0625B6F5

SUM value: 6434

New CID: A2UI001L

Hope this helps some of you.

Thank you, I have an appointment with my dealer Patriot Subaru tomorrow morning for an inspection and I will give them your info so my car can run smooooth again ! The last time I was there they had no clue about this problem even after I gave them pages of complaints from our forum.:spin:

^^Make sure you get them to include which PAK # they use to reflash your ECU.

Some dealers are including it on the customer's paperwork and some aren't.

My dad's 07 GT got flashed today and they didn't include the PAK # :spin:.

I'll call the dealer tomorrow to get it and post it up.

I'd like to confirm that the dealer flashes yours with the exact same PAK# they used for Zrrbrrt since you guys both have 07 spec.Bs. Perhaps see what their computer says your car needs and then break out a copy of Zrrbrrt's paperwork if necessary.

BTW, my dad said his car is much smoother, but has only gotten on it a few times since the reflash.

Good luck with the reflash and let us know how it feels plus that PAK number!

Here's the invoice that I got for my reflash.

Hope it helps you guys.

-John

Thanks for posting that up and someone might be able to use that to get their dealer to reflash their car.

Unfortunately, just like on my dad's and tractorcrushers and others I'm sure, the service people didn't include the actual PAK# they flashed your car with on the invoice. If you get bored over the next few days and you think about it, you could probably call the service dept back, reference your invoice number and they could tell you that PAK#. I'm gonna try to do the same thing tommorrow to get my dad's 07 GT (MT) info.

You would have the first 08 spec.B PAK# that we know of so that would REALLY cool to know. Of course I don't want to guilt you into finding it out for us, but if you think about it. maybe????:redface:

PS Carter, you mean something like 8044234B.pak or something?

Well I found out from the SOA District Reps that our SDS machine has had a broken part (not sure what) that has keeping it from updating for the last 6 months. This explains why no one there could find the flash but they all knew about it. They had the part overnighted so it should have been there yesterday but I need to find out if they are available to reflash me today hopefully. We just got in a QSM '08 spec.B and it DOESN'T suffer from the studder... maybe they are addressing this at the factory now? I will keep all informed..

-Jason

Avondale Subaru Sales

Archived