LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So whats the deal with the brake TSB because right now i hear a whinning noise at low speeds and at around 40mph as well. and it goes louder when i brake and comer to a stop.

Not sure exactly, but I'm getting a wheel bearing replaced today (LH FR). Tech took a ride and said while it's not common, he has replaced a few on 06 and 07 and that seems to take care of it. Mine doesn't react like yours....its rotational and is NOT affected by braking or stopping.

Yours might be your pads....mine are starting to squeak...but I can tell its the brakes....no worries, SS lines, pads and fluid are soon ;).

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

So I just got my reflash....the tech said that it was a new flash that wasn't there when I was in for an oil change about 2 months ago. I watched them do it, so I know they didn't just reset the ecu. They took it for a test drive and he said "dude, this thing drives way better than it did before." So I drive it home....not too bad, stutter is still there, but it is greatly reduced from what it was before. Then I drove it maybe 30 miles....came right back. WTF. Screw you Subaru. Hello AP, DP, and protune.

Tonight I spoke with SOA again, not the senior rep though, she was unavailable today. But the person I spoke with I explained what was going on and what Adventure Subaru did (I also called them today. I have to call back tomorrow and give them my VIN) Then it was like a lightbulb in his head came on. He said Subaru recently released a new program that dealers got that loads on a regular computer and connects to the vehicle via OBD II. The software will automatically update the engine computer if necessary. These updates (if any) would not necessarily be listed on the Subaru Tech site, nor would they necessarily pop up as a TSB. For what ever reason there may not be any written information regarding these updates. The only way to find out is to hook up the vehicle to this system and let it do its thing, thus most dealers wouldnt know about it unless they have done it before. All the dealers I spoke with either looked at TSB's or went to the Subaru Tech site to look for information regarding updates.

I am going to wait for the senior rep to call me tomorrow and see what she says, and then I might head over to my dealer sometime and have them just hook up the computer to the vehicle and see what happens.

ironically enough after reading this thread i did some investigating my self and took my 07 in to the dealership. they took a look and a drive and the service guy said they reset the ecu. now before i tell you the result i would like to say that i was totally skeptical being that more than half of you say there is no fix etc what evr. well after about 45 minute they gave me back my ride and it was smooth as silk, no more studder no more hesitation. i drive about 120 miles round trip a day for work and no relaps yet.

mdzowner

Meh mines relearned a bit of the stutter back after a few hundred miles, but its still worlds better than before. Just a bit of stutter probably a 10th of what there was b4.

I'm thinking AP Stg 1 whenever they come out. My 05 STi stock had a worse tune than the Spec-B does now. LOL It pinged like it loved it. Oh well I wasn't planning on modding but you know how those things go...

Yeah, no crap :)

I didnt get a call back yet again from SOA, but my rep I speak to is always nice and appologetic. He tells me that they have had a high call volume lately (hopefully all of you people complaining about the hesitation!!!!) Anyway, what she did do today was speak to her manager (again slowly up the chain of people) who contacted my dealer about the issue. No word from the dealer as of tonight. We'll see if they contact me tomorrow. My rep at SOA said he would personally make sure someone calls me tomorrow to atleast give me some sort of update.

I brought my '07 Spec.B in for the reflash today. I was assured by both the service manager and the mechanic that this reflash is specific to the '07. They entered my VIN into their system, and it showed (in the manager's words) that "there is an update available for my car for hesitation at 3000-4000rpm on acceleration." The work order reads "There is an available reflash. Performed reprogram per SOA with laptop."

As I was driving the car home from the garage, I took a lot of stop-and-go backroads and accelerated hard, trying to reproduce the stutter at that RPM (which I used to notice mostly in 2nd gear). There was once or twice that I thought I felt a single subtle lurch at about that RPM, but it was not an obvious stutter like it was before, and I wonder if I was simply feeling the turbo spooling up.

I'll post back if I notice anything worthy of reporting after it's got more miles on it.

So is there no like # they can put in the system to bring up the reflash? Seems as though this is really a hit and miss in terms of who has it and who doesnt or doesnt know how to do it.

Nope, no number. They just have to look it up in their laptop.

On a side note, I reset my ECU today by disconnecting the battery. The stutter was still there even immediately afterward. Is there something else that can cause this, maybe a vacuum leak or something?

So is there no like # they can put in the system to bring up the reflash? Seems as though this is really a hit and miss in terms of who has it and who doesnt or doesnt know how to do it.

The only number I see on my invoice is:

J# 1 04SUZZMISC2

Misc. Engine Repair2 Hours: 0.60

I get the impression that the key piece of info for them to search for the ECU update is the part about "3000-4000 RPM."

Yea i want to see a TSB or something pertainign to the reflash. The IDIOTS at the dealer i went to said"they hooked it up to the computer but it said not comaptible and that theres no reflash" Idiots its not compatible because its a CAN bus ecu. the dealer said that has nothing to do with it but i beg to differ ami right?

Archived