LegacyGT.com

DUDE!! 07 reflash????

dbrunone

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Impreza is in service right now (just bought it Monday and the radio doesn't work right), when I pick it up I will ask my service advisor for any information about the flash to pass on to you guys. We can then verify that it IS the same map, since mine still has a slight stutter.

Got my 08GT flashed today. Was done at Ganely Subaru East in Ohio. Tech plugged in the laptop and the comp was updated.

initial impressions..... DISAPPOINTED. i have never been through an ecu reset on the scooby so this may be part of it but my throttle response sucks. the pedal is mush. i got in the car, started it up, started to go and almost stalled it. i had to push the gas a sold 1/2" further than i used to. even in sport mode where if i barely touched the gas the rpms would spike... now i have to push the gas in to get any response. granted it is a lil smoother than tap and 1500rpm, but still... mushy. shifting was way different feeling because of it.

is this just b/c the ecu is learning? other than that, i put it in second and S# and went from 1500rpm up to 4K really hard.... no stutter. nice and smooth.

:) I've lived in the PDX area my entire life. I went to Beaverton high school, my first house was right by washington square, and once lived at Murrayhill. I can't imagine dealing with the driving situation there on a daily basis. I moved downtown a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier.

Got my 08GT flashed today. Was done at Ganely Subaru East in Ohio. Tech plugged in the laptop and the comp was updated.

initial impressions..... DISAPPOINTED. i have never been through an ecu reset on the scooby so this may be part of it but my throttle response sucks. the pedal is mush. i got in the car, started it up, started to go and almost stalled it. i had to push the gas a sold 1/2" further than i used to. even in sport mode where if i barely touched the gas the rpms would spike... now i have to push the gas in to get any response. granted it is a lil smoother than tap and 1500rpm, but still... mushy. shifting was way different feeling because of it.

is this just b/c the ecu is learning? other than that, i put it in second and S# and went from 1500rpm up to 4K really hard.... no stutter. nice and smooth.

Dude,

The original flash had the drive by wire set as hyper sensitive, what you are feeling now is that the input by your right foot now more accurately reflects that of a car with a traditional accelerator cable. I noticed the same thing, but you will get used to it quickly. It makes it much more pleasant for others in the car. I can't believe how much easier the car is to shift and drive smoothly now.

yea i hope it is going to be easier to shift now... cause literally i could not get a single shift smooth and i thought it was me b/c this is my first manual car. i would always get within a needle width of the right rpm but still get a very minor jerk. i was bugging out. now i have to re-learn a bit but we will see. the biggest PITA in S# i found was if you are on a hill and you barely touch the gas, you were at 1500rpm screwing up the clutch and if u came up too fast.... stall.

yea i hope it is going to be easier to shift now... cause literally i could not get a single shift smooth and i thought it was me b/c this is my first manual car. i would always get within a needle width of the right rpm but still get a very minor jerk. i was bugging out. now i have to re-learn a bit but we will see. the biggest PITA in S# i found was if you are on a hill and you barely touch the gas, you were at 1500rpm screwing up the clutch and if u came up too fast.... stall.

uhhh...that is what S was for. i like the sensitivity on S# compared to S and I. S sounds like it is exactly all you needed to turn over to.

from the sounds of it, it was decreased to be closer to S? does that make sense?

So... after the ECU reflash, the throttle is more "touchier" in S#?

absolutely not. it is more mushier. like press..... um throttle where are u? ooooo there you 1/2 further down than where you were before. i am going to toy around w/ it more today b/c i only drove it for a grand 10 minutes after i got it back.

ok so after driving more this morning on my typical drive to work..... observations

1. i like

2. i find myself hitting 1500 rpm before going into first. i have to find the right amount of throttle again

3. the rpms drop off much faster which makes shifting quicker and smoother.

overally, i like this change. i have to open her up but the one time i did in S# in 2nd to 5K it was smooth as glass.

You mean after you lift throttle?

The software can't affect this--that's primarily a flywheel weight issue. :confused:

why would you want the rpms to drop quickly? if i granny shift its not very smooth. the only way to make a smooth shift (6mt atleast) is to ride the clutch.

You mean after you lift throttle?

The software can't affect this--that's primarily a flywheel weight issue. :confused:

With a typical cable based throttle setup this is sort of true. With our drive-by-wire system it is more software based, and results in rough shifting because it holds rpms. With the new flash, it is significantly smoother.

^^^ what he said. w/ the electronic throttle, subaru can most certainly and most certainly does control the rate of closure. rpms deifnitely drop faster and it is nicer. i notice it most from 1st to 2nd. i could never get into second smooth. sometimes if i gased up 1st too much getting into second meant the guy behind me would have to wait as i slowed down while the rpms dropped.

Well, spoke to one dealer who denied they had any reflash for the 2008s. The tech also said they would not reflash any vehicle without driving the vehicle and confirming that it was out of spec.

Another dealer confirmed the reflash for the 2007s, but said it was not listed for the 2008.

Archived