LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

i am starting to think it's about money.

maybe not enough owners to get them to see it as economically viable? according to the latest "wait till sema" thread...sounds more like a back burner project for cobb. maybe they simply just don't want to admit it.

even if it's on the back burner now, it will become a priority once a new sti arrives w/ canbus in early 08

there is no need to wait for cobb though... other options are already here...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
even if it's on the back burner now, it will become a priority once a new sti arrives w/ canbus in early 08

there is no need to wait for cobb though... other options are already here...

thats funny, because the 07 FXT was CAN as well, and the ugly 08 WRX is already out...

and...for all the masters of knowledge on the 05-08 legacy platform, can anyone confirm if it is the same box or different? they are already swearing it is the tcu doing the tranny. i wonder what aklgt did. hmmmm. black magic sure is secretive.

AKLGT had her transmission valve body reworked plus ECU work

Maybe they are just waiting for SEMA so they have another product to show off/release?

Winnah winnah chicken dinnah!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can't tell you baseline for sure. i went to the tune allready modded. header,cai,pulley,tbe and tmic. went from 200/205 whp/wtq to 237/275 whp/wtq. it was over 100 degrees in the shop that daqy and my IAT's hit a peak of 167 degrees.

I don't want to continue the rumor-mongering, but I called Cobb today about a separate issue and while I had them on the phone asked them about the AP.

I was told that there is more demand for the LGT AP than any other current project and now that the Evo AP is out, this is at the top of their list. I said that I heard the rumor that it won't be out until after SEMA as they are short-staffed, he said it would probably be "around SEMA." He didn't want to make any promises as we all know how people can get when a promise is made and not kept by Cobb, but we might see something within the next couple weeks.

<knock wood>

I don't want to continue the rumor-mongering, but I called Cobb today about a separate issue and while I had them on the phone asked them about the AP.

I was told that there is more demand for the LGT AP than any other current project and now that the Evo AP is out, this is at the top of their list. I said that I heard the rumor that it won't be out until after SEMA as they are short-staffed, he said it would probably be "around SEMA." He didn't want to make any promises as we all know how people can get when a promise is made and not kept by Cobb, but we might see something within the next couple weeks.

<knock wood>

"Oh boy this will be grrrreat!"

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0717/photo/i_flounder_m.jpg

11 months since I placed the order for the Cobb AP. They've got my $$. Erg. 4 months since I placed the order for the Cobb Sways. Still waiting. They've got my $$. It took three months for the Cobb downpipe to get to me.

Once the product comes on line, I'd be prepared to wait.

With that said, everyone says Cobb makes a good product. Just be prepared to wait.

One thing to remember is that the 2007 LGT is still a relatively new vehicle. I personally wouldn't expect them to pull an AP out of their behind that works correctly without flaw the day after the 07 models hit the show room floor.

Working as an engineer in a short staffed department, I am many times put behind on "high priority" projects just helping out with shop floor problems that come up every day.

I for one do not want a car worth $600-$700 more that stutters the same as before AP.

JMHO :redface:

I've actally went ahead and gone Stage 2 w/o a tune this past weekend... and it seems to be fine.. just w/o the impressive gains with a tune. Suprisingly, no CEL's so far. Improved engine response and improved gas mileage too. I haven't tried to imitate the stutter again.. so i'll update again later with details.

Archived