LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

As of right now, we would still like to complete additional Beta testing with local vehicles before we Beta test with LGT owners from out of state.

Thanks,

Christian.

I have a Stock 08 LGT Sedan out of state, how about beta testing with me.:)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not on the 07. 05-06 tcu will let you bounce off the rev limiter. 07 tcu wont let you. ecutek spent hours on my car trying. since your the expert on the CANbus, maybe you should produce your own reflash

well i fail to see that i am required to since everyone on this forum is a electronics expert, can fix ANY legacy car issue, knows EVERY damn secret to the 07/08, there are several "tuners" offering electronic software flashes...etc...

you sound like a quitter to me and nothing will be done with somethign liek that. aklgt has what an 05 or 06? i know she doesn't have an 07 but she said her car automatically shifts at 7k. does the 07 use a different box than the previous or are they just somehow masters of automotive engenieering?

does the 07 use a different box than the previous

If by box you mean ECU, yes, I believe so. The SI-Drive capable ECU is supposed to be more advanced than previous years, though clearly Subaru didn't do the greatest job of actually programming it.

Ryokosman? Wow, I didn't figure you going for a Spec B after you got out of your STi. Glad to see you found the LGT boards, and in a Spec B.

BTW, I took your advice and stayed away from the Z06.

Mika

Mika

Hey you did good staying away from the GM. I'm sending you a pm!

Ryo

well i fail to see that i am required to since everyone on this forum is a electronics expert, can fix ANY legacy car issue, knows EVERY damn secret to the 07/08, there are several "tuners" offering electronic software flashes...etc...

you sound like a quitter to me and nothing will be done with somethign liek that. aklgt has what an 05 or 06? i know she doesn't have an 07 but she said her car automatically shifts at 7k. does the 07 use a different box than the previous or are they just somehow masters of automotive engenieering?

JATCO RE5R05A

go to it :rolleyes:

good luck finding anything out about it, besides its proper name.

He's refering to the TCU.

and...for all the masters of knowledge on the 05-08 legacy platform, can anyone confirm if it is the same box or different? they are already swearing it is the tcu doing the tranny. i wonder what aklgt did. hmmmm. black magic sure is secretive.

JATCO RE5R05A

go to it :rolleyes:

good luck finding anything out about it, besides its proper name.

in reference to infiniti using the same tranny and maybe a nissan/infiniti tuner may have "cracked" it and tuned it? gasp, but this is the alll knowing subaru forum.

who would have thought that the stupid engineers at subaru didn't know what they were doing and no one can crack it? not possible i say.

Trey from Cobb mentioned a while back that they were trying to reverse engineer the TCM on the 5EAT for Nissans. I'm not sure if Subaru and Nissan share the exact same TCM on the Jatco 5EAT's but it wouldn't surprise me.

Trey from Cobb mentioned a while back that they were trying to reverse engineer the TCM on the 5EAT for Nissans. I'm not sure if Subaru and Nissan share the exact same TCM on the Jatco 5EAT's but it wouldn't surprise me.

i believe all we are talking about is extending the redline. iirc there are several 5eat owners with extended redlines. not exactly voodoo science. it also seems, for the most part, shift points are based upon throttle inputs anyways. i see no need to realy jack with the software except to change shift harshness or quickness.

but once again, i believe all we are talking is extending the redline.

Is there even a point to rev higher the 6500 on the cars anyway. I doubt were making power up that high. This is the reason i ditched my RSX and got a LGT.

i would like to see the math on it but...

depending on what you are doing and trying to accomplish you could make the turbo do what you want. there are a couple of people who are tuned for the upper revs while the majority here are not. to some there is a point to most, no.

also, the time of the shift may come into play maybe momentum as well...lots of physics really. why lose time in the 1/8 or 1/4 due to a shift when you can stretch it out a few more 100 rpm's?

i'm not sure what is easier personally. our cars shift around 5k rpms anyways and that is about where the turbo death happens modded or not for most (excluding those tuned for top end). no point when all that modded power is below 5k rpms and you are dragging. auto cross, yeah. drag, no.

Lol What about the Shift light only coming in in I mode. I wish it would work in all modes as a true shift light.

on my 5 eat it shift at 5500 rpms no matter what. manual or auto. second tops at 50mph exactly. in s or s# second tops at 60. i have done 110 in i mode though. not sure if that means anything but i tesnd to use i 85% of the time.

on my 5 eat it shift at 5500 rpms no matter what. manual or auto. second tops at 50mph exactly. in s or s# second tops at 60. i have done 110 in i mode though. not sure if that means anything but i tesnd to use i 85% of the time.

I use I mostly on the highway when im crusin around town i need S or S# I just has no boost.lol and if u can win a race in I mode then thats just sweet too. reminds me of the m5's 400hp/507/hp modes

I've got one of the first 07's, 1 year anniversary this weekend. The hesitation annoys me daily. It's far worse in S# mode. But very much like the other 07 owners have griped about already.

In Christian's link, someone said an ECU flash has come out for the hesitation this week. I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow. We'll see if this helps...

I've been waiting a year for the AP, please let us know when we are able to pre-order.

as previously stated here, when using manual mode in S#, the tranny will upshift well short of the redline. other than that, i have no colpmalints. i did find, how ever that if i use 3/4 throttle, it doesn't shift early, and will not shift until i shift it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived