LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

I have a sneaking [and entirely unsupported] suspicion that tuners are having trouble coaxing a lot more power out of the 07-08 engines. If the dyno charts floating around are actually accurate, they're already making nearly "stage I" power. Perhaps Cobb is worried about releasing a $700 device that nets a 15hp gain. Over on the Cobb forums, Christian promised some dyno charts a couple weeks ago and they never materialized.

Who knows.

hence why i said, might as well go straight to stage 2. assuming that we are around stage 1 already. some have had their spec b's and other 07's tuned though. we should look at them and see what they did and what they got out of it. many of posters have already claimed 15 psi. iirc that is where cobb stage 1 is.

we need to find who got their 07 tuned.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a sneaking [and entirely unsupported] suspicion that tuners are having trouble coaxing a lot more power out of the 07-08 engines. If the dyno charts floating around are actually accurate, they're already making nearly "stage I" power. Perhaps Cobb is worried about releasing a $700 device that nets a 15hp gain. Over on the Cobb forums, Christian promised some dyno charts a couple weeks ago and they never materialized.

Who knows.

That's silly. I'd pay $700 just to get rid of the studder and give the SI-Drive knob some purpose.

-Jim

(AKA 09F911029D74E35BD84156C5635688C0)

i would hold pff on the ecutek if you have a 5eat for now. there is a problem on the 1-2 shift. car goes lean on the shift and hits fuel cut. ecutek just fixed the issue on the manuels and are hoping it works on the 5eat. there are only 2 ecutek 5eat's in the world right now. mine and 1 in the u.k. so i will the the guinea pig again

Most people should go straight to stg. 2, b/c it's only like $400 extra for a good gain.

do you need a tune (that does not exist for 07-08's) to extract the stg 2 gains, or can I drop in a dp and expect to see the gains? thanks

You just drop in your DP, and either get it tuned or, if you have an AP, load the stg. 2 map. And after that, you can get it pro-tuned which is even better, the cobb maps are fine and they get you power, but getting it pro-tuned smooths everything out.

After you get your DP and have a stg. 2 map, other mods like ICs, turbos, intakes, etc., you want to get it tuned again.

do you need a tune (that does not exist for 07-08's) to extract the stg 2 gains, or can I drop in a dp and expect to see the gains? thanks

DP w/o a tune will still give you gains, but those will be pretty small (nowhere near true Stg2).

As mentioned in the thread there are tuning options for '07-'08. I have '08 LGT w/ gutted DP and UTEC, running WRX '06 Stg2 map (TurboXS mentioned the map will work for LGT), to stay on the safe side UTEC will be getting a pro-tune in a week.

A dp alone won't really give you much. You might see some small gains, but they won't be anywhere near what a tune will give you.

Edit: I see GT_NKY beat me to it...

With an aftermarket DP, you can have a higher flow, a tune or map will help allow the flow. This isn't something that the computer will learn, so you need a tune of some kind, just the DP won't do much.

EVO AP is out: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=3349

They said the 07 LGT will be released after the EVO one....so hopefully they weren't kidding

Answer from the COBB forum about AP release:

Actually, SEMA is next. Big trade shows require a big investment of our time. I do not know what the priority list is for the AP group. Like I keep telling everyone, wait for SEMA, we may have a better idea then about release dates.

Engineer

Cobb Tuning

801-478-0920

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEMA is October 29 - November 2

Answer from the COBB forum about AP release:

Actually, SEMA is next. Big trade shows require a big investment of our time. I do not know what the priority list is for the AP group. Like I keep telling everyone, wait for SEMA, we may have a better idea then about release dates.

Engineer

Cobb Tuning

801-478-0920

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEMA is October 29 - November 2

Are they kidding?? End of oct they'll "have a better idea"???? This is a joke....it was supposed to be out in like july.

i would hold pff on the ecutek if you have a 5eat for now. there is a problem on the 1-2 shift. car goes lean on the shift and hits fuel cut. ecutek just fixed the issue on the manuels and are hoping it works on the 5eat. there are only 2 ecutek 5eat's in the world right now. mine and 1 in the u.k. so i will the the guinea pig again

no, it hits the boost cut fuel resume 9.68psi limit when its shifting, my car had the same problem until merchgod added it to the defs

ecutek did exstensive data logging on my car. it's the software. the problem occurs on the 07 sti as well as the 07-08 lgt with the ecutek software. ecutek said they solved the problem on the manuels and are hoping the fix will work on the 5eat

ecutek did exstensive data logging on my car. it's the software. the problem occurs on the 07 sti as well as the 07-08 lgt with the ecutek software. ecutek said they solved the problem on the manuels and are hoping the fix will work on the 5eat

it happens on 05/06s too, just a lot more rarely

it only happens if i am cruising at 21-22 mph and then punch it. ecutek hasn't figured out how to over ride it. i just think 5eat guys shouls hold off for now, till the bugs are worked out. i was given the oppurtunity to be the guinea pig so i took it. it's hard to work the kinks out when the only guy with the CANbus cable lives in canada. i've met with ben 3 times already.

I just got an 08 GT mt and am willing to wait if the pros are there, but what is the advantage of the Cobb AP over EcuTek?

Will either one void the warranty or present too much risk for the reward? Is there a minimum amt of miles the car should have prior?

the cobb ap has more options than ecutek. i went with ecutek cuz i have a 5eat and wouldn't benefit from most of the options offered by the AP. i also got a kick-ass deal on the price of the ecutek. i will void your warranty, but you can flash back to stock with AP. ecutek locks the ecu and provides you with a registration #. so only the ecutek authorized dealer would be able to flash you back to stock.

Are they kidding?? End of oct they'll "have a better idea"???? This is a joke....it was supposed to be out in like july.

i am starting to think it's about money.

maybe not enough owners to get them to see it as economically viable? according to the latest "wait till sema" thread...sounds more like a back burner project for cobb. maybe they simply just don't want to admit it.

Archived