LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how does the utec delta work with SI? can you select different maps via the console control?

Delta maintains the SI drive. No difference. Intelligent is still econo mode, sport is mix, sport sharp=boogie time.

Mika

Anyone hear about something called an Opentek or OpenEcu reflash? I keep hearing things about it, but not sure of its exact name or how it is done/works? I wouldn't be asking but I want more power now and starting to get to impatient to wait for the AP2.

Opentek? Someone just got "OpenEcu" and "EcuTek" mixed up. :)

EcuTek has been covered up above.

The OpenEcu folks don't have a CAN solution.

Do you know where I can get more info on both?

BTW its kind of sad that there is a ton of guys lined up for a AP2, in a thread about them and not even getting a response from Cobb (who a rep has been in here a few times) to update any new info. I mean there are discussions about other vendors set ups and the company that is the reason for this thread isn't even speaking up.

Saw this on the COBB forum about the AP release. The EVO AP has been released and prompted questions about other release dates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdball http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

I thought we were next!!! Is there a list of the order in which the AP will be released?

Actually, SEMA is next. Big trade shows require a big investment of our time. I do not know what the priority list is for the AP group. Like I keep telling everyone, wait for SEMA, we may have a better idea then about release dates.

Engineer

Cobb Tuning

801-478-0920

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEMA is October 29 - November 2

Clark has the ability to sell ECUtek licenses, and tunes UTECS and ECUtek's. Both of which are available out there. UTEC's may be on backorder though, but they will eventually show up at your house when you order 'em.

Mika(got my '08 tuned by Clark yesterday by Clark)

clark does great work. Did he use Utec Delta on your car?

Saw this on the COBB forum about the AP release. The EVO AP has been released and prompted questions about other release dates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferdball http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif

I thought we were next!!! Is there a list of the order in which the AP will be released?

Actually, SEMA is next. Big trade shows require a big investment of our time. I do not know what the priority list is for the AP group. Like I keep telling everyone, wait for SEMA, we may have a better idea then about release dates.

Engineer

Cobb Tuning

801-478-0920

SEMA is October 29 - November 2

aren't there prototypes on the streets right now?? any reason why they can't comment?

something i am also trying to figure out.

IF 07's are in fact hitting 15 psi (stage 1) then what is the point of going to the typical "stage 1"? doesn't that just put your car where it is at from factory?

or are you guys just thinking...gimme gimme gimme?

imo, it would prolly be more beneficial to do a d/p then tune instead of potentially waiting for what we may have from the factory.

I'm guessing an 07+ stage 1 is gonna be a little more boost at redline versus stock

in order to justify a price...sure. is the turbo capable??

now you know how I felt last year when I asked about TCU reprogramming and they said it was coming

i would love a tcu upgrade with an engine flash.

From what I can tell from my datalogs... the 07's peak at ~14-15psi, but tapers off towards ~12 psi at redline.

others have said 15. not sure the taper.

i will tell you though. the other day iwas hitting 90 and the car felt good still pulling through the top of 3rd to 95. didn't feel weak at all.

I think Cobb feels no matter what they say, we'll be pissed off so they opt simply to say nothing. All I can say is that I hope this thing comes out soon, they will be making a lot of us happy the sooner this comes out as we're willing to pay for the quality product that they usually provide.

They need a forcing factor. Right now, one is that the 08's are rolling in and they're all facing the same tuning issue at the 07+ Legacies. So, unless they get their act together, they miss that market all together. However, that on it's own isn't sufficient. ECUTec needs to get their tuning tools in the hands of all their outlets. Relying on group scheduling for custom dyno tunes isn't enough to force Cobb to move. Sure, some people will go ECUTec early (I'm considering it now if Cobb's date looks to be moving to 08), but the majority of the market isn't going to make the effort currently necessary to get tuned, and also accept the risk that possible necessary retunes might not be readily accessible.

I have a sneaking [and entirely unsupported] suspicion that tuners are having trouble coaxing a lot more power out of the 07-08 engines. If the dyno charts floating around are actually accurate, they're already making nearly "stage I" power. Perhaps Cobb is worried about releasing a $700 device that nets a 15hp gain. Over on the Cobb forums, Christian promised some dyno charts a couple weeks ago and they never materialized.

Who knows.

Archived