LegacyGT.com

2007/2008 Legacy GT AccessPORT Updates...

Christian.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again I agree with you, but the problem is right now their lack of any info. If as a company you start a thread saying you got this real great product comnig and then maybe respond only 3 tmies and basically don't give any sort of news what do you expect to happen. We are all here cause we want a AP2, but since they aren't giving us any sort of clue as to when or at this point if they are coming out with it for our cars people decided to find out whats out there for them. You'd think if you start a thread about a product you were coming out with the minute a competitors name came up you'd respond and give a shread of info to keep interest up. I thought I also heard they aren't even responding on their own forum as to when the AP2 is coming out for the 07/08's. That's on their own website. I'm a patient person to a point. One of the reasons I bought a LGT cause they were supposed to be a ton easier to mod then a MS6, but at the moment it doesn't seem to be true. So now I sit waiting to see what SEMA brings. Maybe a AP2, maybe a LSTi.

Yea, they are completely dropping the ball. I'm in no way defending them because it's a bit ridiculous. I bought this car because of the ease for modding and didn't realize it would be years before I could mod it. So it's completely retarded it's taking this long to develop something, but not much we can do.

I was more or less annoyed that this thread was "supposed" to be for info about the AP, and then it's completely gone off topic. So I'm subscribed and have to dig through random BS I don't care about to see if there is any type of response to the actual thread itself. Oh well, life goes on! :)

Yeah.

As long as we all realize that the product will be great when it FINALLY comes out someday, that's all that matters.

I'm assuming they're hard at work.

I've been looking for Cobb to bump its "Cobb FMIC" thread for a while, it's been over a month with no replies to use guys who just want more info.

I'm not versed in the world of high-production-run fabrication of new products, but I know a thing or two about the process and the timeline of it as well. I just wish we'd at least get tossed a little sneak peak or something of interest to keep our attention and interest at the products at hand.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

I am doing my best to catch up. We are super busy getting ready to display at SEMA this year. I wanted to keep an invitation open to those that are going to attend. You are welcome to come and speak with me at our booth; just let me know you are a member of legacygt.com and I will update you on the various products for your car. At the show I will be better able to give ETAs on the AP and our FMIC. We all have worked very hard to get things working properly and to complete extensive testing. I will have more detailed information for you that I can release to the public on this coming Tuesday.

Take care,

Christian.

Hey at least some of you guys won't have to worry about voiding your warranty anymore! haha

I might be out of warranty by the time the AP comes out! All I know is, if I can't get the parts on and tuned soon, I might start walking over to the BMW dealership and scoping out a 135. I honestly would not have purchased a Legacy if 243HP is all I would have to live with.

Be fair guys.

These things take time, sometimes too much time. But it's not Cobb's fault that people buy their car's assuming/hoping/planning on mods being compatible and then they're not.

AFAIK, Cobb's never posted an eta or "coming soon", etc for the AP. Yeah, it's been a real long time and some may say past due, but it's not their issue that we're impatient; we're consumers....it's natural.

If guys wanna go look at other cars because they can't get their mods on, it's not Cobb's fault that members here purchase 07's-08's, knowing that the car isn't yet supported.

I don't mean any harm, I'm impatient for some Cobb products as well. I just know that it's my own choice to wait for them to come out. Same with AP's, if you want to wait around for them, then don't complain, because you've already decided to wait. If they posted an exact release date and then didn't meet it, then lay on the complaints.

Just my .02

I am doing my best to catch up. We are super busy getting ready to display at SEMA this year. I wanted to keep an invitation open to those that are going to attend. You are welcome to come and speak with me at our booth; just let me know you are a member of legacygt.com and I will update you on the various products for your car. At the show I will be better able to give ETAs on the AP and our FMIC. We all have worked very hard to get things working properly and to complete extensive testing. I will have more detailed information for you that I can release to the public on this coming Tuesday.

Take care,

Christian.

Thanks for the update, Christian. Can't wait to see what you guys do for SEMA.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

But it's not Cobb's fault that people buy their car's assuming/hoping/planning on mods being compatible and then they're not.

AFAIK, Cobb's never posted an eta or "coming soon", etc for the AP. Yeah, it's been a real long time and some may say past due, but it's not their issue that we're impatient; we're consumers....it's natural.

From 09-08-2006:

Yes, we will have support for the 2007 LGT including SpecB model. Expect support for all 2007 LGT/OBXT models to become available Fall/Winter '06 once the new generation AccessPORT has been released.

We've already cracked into those ECUs and we're looking forward to getting the new AccessPORT out for them soon.

Cheers,

Trey @ COBB

http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31434

Now you know ;)

my issue with cobb is not that this is taking so long on the 07/08 AP. it could take forever - or they could cancel the project for that matter it really does not matter to me.

my concern is that they took peoples money over a year ago for this product and yet feel no obligation to keep them informed, and fail to provide any status/progress reports. additionally they obviously have some revised/estimated timlines coming out at sema for this product - yet they do not see fit to provide this info to the customers who's checks they have cashed - again some over a year ago - but feel it is appropriate to withhold this knowledge so that they can provide it to strangers at sema.

call me crazy - but that is simply very poor business practice

11 months since I placed the order for the Cobb AP. They've got my $$. Erg. 4 months since I placed the order for the Cobb Sways. Still waiting. They've got my $$. It took three months for the Cobb downpipe to get to me.

Once the product comes on line, I'd be prepared to wait.

With that said, everyone says Cobb makes a good product. Just be prepared to wait.

my issue with cobb is not that this is taking so long on the 07/08 AP. it could take forever - or they could cancel the project for that matter it really does not matter to me.

my concern is that they took peoples money over a year ago for this product and yet feel no obligation to keep them informed, and fail to provide any status/progress reports. additionally they obviously have some revised/estimated timlines coming out at sema for this product - yet they do not see fit to provide this info to the customers who's checks they have cashed - again some over a year ago - but feel it is appropriate to withhold this knowledge so that they can provide it to strangers at sema.

:stupid:

Not to be too harsh, but... How is it smart to give ANY company $ for a product that has no release date and no guarantee of production? You wrote the check, don't blame Cobb for cashing it.

Agreed, and on a note above, now that I see the quote on projected release date, I do remember that posting.

I guess I just don't hold my hopes based on projections and guesstimates, and I sure as heck wouldn't purchase a car based on them.

If I were planning on modding my car (not hoping), I probably would either purchase a car that is mod friendly, purchase my car of choice and hope for mods, or purchase the car of choice once the mod market becomes available.

I am just not someone to hold a grudge because a projection was missed, we're talking about business here. I sympathize for those that have spent the money without receiving, but I also question why the money was spent in the first place before the product was available. If it is projected to be available at a certain date/time, then wait until that date time to purchase. Why spend the money in advance, when you're spending blindly, as the date is only a "guesstimate" and could be indefinite?

I understand the concerns and unsettled feelings towards the issue, but I just personally feel that a spark of hope was created for this AP, people jumped on that spark, and now that the clock continues to tick those are getting anxious. Other than to those Cobb has their money, Cobb doesn't owe anyone an AP, date, time, etc. etc. etc.

Again, as a disclaimer, I am not trying to go against anything said, I just don't believe that this is a "fault" per-se.

Well, that is a flat our lie. If a vendor has taken a pre-payment then that is out of our control. Although, I would ask for a full refund. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, verify any information you would like to post and do not start rumors.

Christian, should I pre-order now?:)

I see no reason to. We will be dealing with SEMA for the next few weeks. I am sure we will have a more solidified release date after that event. I will be sure to keep you guys up to date...once information is available.

I just hope the new AP has no issues with this extra time. If it's out by the end of the year or next spring I'll be happy. If not, I'll be looking elsewhere for tuning solutions.

Nothing is guaranteed. We will obviously do our best, but many things are unforeseeable. Although, we have systems, people, and other resources in place that will allow us to quickly address any concerns. Now that the release of the EVO AccessPORT is taken care of we can focus on other tasks including the LGT AP.

I might be out of warranty by the time the AP comes out! All I know is, if I can't get the parts on and tuned soon, I might start walking over to the BMW dealership and scoping out a 135. I honestly would not have purchased a Legacy if 243HP is all I would have to live with.

This may sound a bit defensive and this is not aimed towards you. I am not sure if your issue is with us or Subaru? Regardless, the year is 2007. You have a 2007 vehicle that will most likely have a tuning solution provided to you in 2007. It may be just me, but I feel that some may be bit spoiled if they get upset that a tuning solution is not immediately available. I guess I wish that expectations were a bit more realistic when it came to modifying a vehicle. How frequently are performance parts of this magnitude available for Japanese performance cars the same year the car is released?

I am happy to address any questions or concerns after SEMA. Please PM me if you are coming down for the event so I can show you the new items we have been working on.

Take care,

Christian.

I had that happen to me when I ordered a heavy bag from title boxing... charged my credit card $300 2 months ago, back-ordered till end of december... Im not so happy, multiply that $300 x 2= accessport, In that case Id be pissed

Talk to your credit card company. They will credit you.

Archived