LegacyGT.com

New '08 Impreza and WRX photos....

mccorry

I did... picked her up today! :icon_bigg

http://i17.tinypic.com/4v4wv1w.jpg

Congrat's! We finally got some '08's in today, and one is a blue one just like yours! I want to see white and gray before I decide.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrat's! We finally got some '08's in today, and one is a blue one just like yours! I want to see white and gray before I decide.

I think i like every color better than the WRB lol. I wanted something bright this time around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some pics I snapped while mulling around the dealer lot.

Honestly, I think the hood scoop is strange. There is something about it on that hood, when looking at it from the side...no idea. I sat in the red one. Notice how it doesn't have fog lights. The interior seemed just flat out cheap to me, but I figure it was a lower model (hence no fog lights)

The grill is a $295 options. This is pretty much inline with what an aftermarket color matched grill costs anyways. But since it is dealer installed, I bet there is lots of room to haggle when you deal with a "package" price. The red is a hatch and the grey is a sedan. Sedan FTL, Hatch FTW. I actually did notice the extra three inches of space in the back of the Hatch. The driver seat was further back than I would have sat, so I can say that there is legroom in the back, and it isn't all that bad. This is good news for the STI.

When I got the LGT I was considering the STI, but the legroom in the back is what killed it for me as I do have people in my car often.

Anyways, that's my 5 minute impression. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

182463047813_0_0.jpg.72bad50eb22c3ce06699aa8c6665fc88.jpg

182463099013_0_0.jpg.20461575fa16a3f68a3926a02a238b3a.jpg

C'mon B4 get us some pics with the tint! DId you get a manual?

THe magazines are saying its more smooth and less raw power than last year...thoughts? I loved the throttle and torque of the WRX...if it were as nice on the inside and ride as my Leggy I would have gotten that...

C'mon B4 get us some pics with the tint! DId you get a manual?

THe magazines are saying its more smooth and less raw power than last year...thoughts? I loved the throttle and torque of the WRX...if it were as nice on the inside and ride as my Leggy I would have gotten that...

I have a 5 speed with Navi.

HIDs arrive tomorrow so i will probably do a photoshoot this weekend. I have 898 miles on her. I will probably just call that broken in since installing the HIDs will reset the ECU. I would definitely say the comfort of the WRX ride is better than the LGT. It doesn't thud over the bumps anymore. It's kind of weird actually. The ride is so smooth over a bump that you expect for the rear end to bounce up and down... but it stays level. I would also say it's quieter than the LGT on the highway. The padding on the door armrest is literally 5x as thick as on the Legacy. It's way more comfortable on the highway. Even with no power seats... I have found a better seating position. The telescopic steering helps a lot. I've only punched her a few times. I did today and she had noticeably more pull than when i first got her. Braking is a hell of a lot better than the LGT. The jury is still out on handling as i've not pushed her and the handling is quite different. She does feel slower than the LGT off the line but just barely (butt dyno). The power comes on really smoothly. The spot where the turbo kicks is smoothed over. There have been a couple of times where I was accelerating and looked down to see how close i was to 60 and was at 80!

You do feel like you're in a lower class of car. Sportier yet not as luxurious. In the LGT I would see Volvos, A4s, 3 series, etc. as peers. Now I feel like the GTI; Mazda 3; and the occasional civic with a fart pipe are your peers. It is nice knowing that the A3 and the C30 hatch i encountered are dust in the wind next the Rex. I can't wait to start modding. This platform feels rock solid. I'll do a proper write up after the weekend.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you get the sport grill? I'd like to see it on the hatch in WRB. :)

no... the jury is still out on the sport grille. I think it's too plain and lacks character. If i decide i want it i'll add it later. I would actually like to do a custom grille. The matte black wing that surrounds the emblem extends into the headlights. I'd like to paint all of the chrome on the front black... and paint the wings chrome... crack the head lights open and paint the extended wings chrome too. That would leave just chrome and black on the front instead of chrome, black, and matte black. It might be easier to start with an Outback sport grille since it has a different grille than the other imprezas. BTW... HIDs are in now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When i first drove the car... it felt quick... but it didn't feel like it was rushed. After getting it broken in... It makes me say HOLY $h!t. The car just explodes... especially from a roll. Can't wait to get a Accessport on this mofo!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think its part of the factory sport package, no? I read that in one of the reviews.

The factory sport package is the body colored lip along with the ground effects. The factory lips leaves that gap in the middle that just begs for a black lip. I need to get one asap.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived