LegacyGT.com

New '08 Impreza and WRX photos....

mccorry

Ok, as far as it looks - to make the new WRX look more aggressive isn't all that much work.

For starters, the stock wheels/tires are way too thin and look at the gap they make. I would say 17x8 or 18x8 wheels with 235 or 245 series tires should immediately fix that.

The Exhaust - swap that shit out. The stock exhaust looks like thye stock exhaust off of a 1989 Honda or Toyota.

Next, a little tinting - nothing dramatic - just a little.

That alone should fix like 95% of the looks.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

toyota is right.. that thing is like a toxic avenger among supermodels compared to other subarus (cept 1st gen b9s) the photochops on he other pages look awesome, I'd ride that.. but not this monstrocity. exhaust, window tint those would help yea but the problem is the front clip, rear clip sides.. hrmm the whole car..

I blame toyota.. I still blame their recent purchase of desicion making in subaru for this, they're trying to assimilate it and make it another crappy scion. Whats next? making the legacy HUGE and slow so it will compete with the camry and new planet-sized accords?

sorry.. these pictures make me angry. How can they do this with a straight face? theres gotta be some guy thats a spie or something that has managed to convince subaru that a REALLY BAD IDEA was a good one.

maybe the aftermarket will fix these cars but if that happens then subaru needs to discount them SEVERLEY for required appearance repairs before it can be presented on the streets. that cars dangerous.. other people driving down the road will start projectile vomitting as the car passes them and crash because its so ugly. I can see the lawsuits now... ugly car causes highway pileup.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

toyota is right.. that thing is like a toxic avenger among supermodels compared to other subarus (cept 1st gen b9s) the photochops on he other pages look awesome, I'd ride that.. but not this monstrocity. exhaust, window tint those would help yea but the problem is the front clip, rear clip sides.. hrmm the whole car..

I blame toyota.. I still blame their recent purchase of desicion making in subaru for this, they're trying to assimilate it and make it another crappy scion. Whats next? making the legacy HUGE and slow so it will compete with the camry and new planet-sized accords?

sorry.. these pictures make me angry. How can they do this with a straight face? theres gotta be some guy thats a spie or something that has managed to convince subaru that a REALLY BAD IDEA was a good one.

maybe the aftermarket will fix these cars but if that happens then subaru needs to discount them SEVERLEY for required appearance repairs before it can be presented on the streets. that cars dangerous.. other people driving down the road will start projectile vomitting as the car passes them and crash because its so ugly. I can see the lawsuits now... ugly car causes highway pileup.

My Neighbor: That's a really nice looking car.

Valet: I thought it was a BMW

A3 Driver: Thats the new WRX? I'm going to have to check that out.

WRB WRX Driver: Thumbs Up.

Friend who Drives a 350z: I'd rock this.

Carwash attendant: Hot car bro

I'm sorry... all i've had are positive comments on the styling. People in the real world are different from the internet forum authorities i guess.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i agree, the 5-door (less the tail lights) actually looks pretty awesome in person and i love it a lot. The sedan doesn't look good on the other hand - and the back end looks squished and funny.

i love the new hatch minus the tails. but a some red vinyl will easily fix that issue to a more tolerable look imo.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Well one of my best buddies got bit by the SUbaru bug and picked up a Impreza this weekend...he drives ~70 each way to work every day hence no turbo...bought it because good gas mileage and AWD. A must for his commute.

http://icd.ics.purdue.edu/~berk/pics/subaru/P8270299.JPG

http://icd.ics.purdue.edu/~berk/pics/subaru/P8270301.JPG

I thought they were going to use red lights on the Impreza...there goes that swap for everyone!

http://icd.ics.purdue.edu/~berk/pics/subaru/P8270305.JPG

Pretty big area in the hatch...

http://icd.ics.purdue.edu/~berk/pics/subaru/P8270312.JPG

http://icd.ics.purdue.edu/~berk/pics/subaru/P8270313.JPG

He took a ton of pictures of the interior and every compartment and many angles of the trunk because I was intrested in how big it really is. If anyone in intrested let me know.

THese pics will probably go offline next week because he is changing jobs/servers soon

He's a car nut like us and will be doing tint, wheels, and audio very soon I am sure

Hell yes! just got back from another drive... It just keeps getting better and better.

Hey B4, does your Rex have keyless entry? Check note below from another thread. Supposedly the 08 Rexes have keyless and Rexes with Nav have Bluetooth (though I've never heard of a "Bluetooth microphone." :eek::confused:

BTW, where are the pics???!!!???

Keyless=advanced key ... Aparently teh 08< Wrx if you option it a certain way has it, as well as bluetooth. Here is a response I got back from SOA.

I just want to comment on a couple of things. For the 2008 WRX models with Navigation System, they will have Bluetooth capability with an accessory Bluetooth microphone. The 2008 Impreza and WRX models now have advanced keys, wherein the key and keyless entry fob are one unit. I would expect that these features will be expanded to our other model lines.

I took that as its a done deal just when it is going to appear is still unknown.

I have navi and the bluetooth accessory JUST came out. I will be getting it installed on my first oil change. My fob and keys are not integrated... i didn't see that as an option. The key turns on the lights the headlights and interior lights as its being inserted. You don't have to turn the key... i wonder if their's more tech that's being held out on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nice find... "The new suspension boggles the mind because there remains a boundless amount of grip, despite feeling softer all around."

That sums it up right there. I don't get how the ride is so complaint yet if i run it around a tight turn it hangs in there like nobody's business. This car is going to be stupid once I start modding it. I can't wait!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The sedan may be the ugliest small 4 door on the market. The exhaust pipe on my Honda Elite scooter in college looked larger than the dual pipes on the wrx sedan. Not too sporting in my opinion. The wagon looks acceptable, but the ride height looks better on the outback than the wrx...go figure. Way off the mark Subaru.

The sedan may be the ugliest small 4 door on the market. The exhaust pipe on my Honda Elite scooter in college looked larger than the dual pipes on the wrx sedan. Not too sporting in my opinion. The wagon looks acceptable, but the ride height looks better on the outback than the wrx...go figure. Way off the mark Subaru.

The sedan has optional chrome tips.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived