LegacyGT.com

next mid-life crisis car?..........WWYD?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Used poser - Porsche FTW :lol:

Don't get me started :) Killer ride, killer price and avoiding the poser look by getting a new recently used one. Just a good purchase overall. Let someone else take the major depreciation hit :)

What makes you doubt it? IRS/IFS? v8? "American?" Define "great" track car please :confused:

As in being able to do anything besides going fast in a straight line. If they are anything similar to the previous generations then well they can't compare to the other cars in question.

Just yet another thought. Saturn Sky redline or Pontiac Solstice GXP. I think there is an aftermarket for the GM turbo 4 now, from what I've read the are supposed to handle well, good looking two seater, and you save a lot of $$$ over a vette, Cayman, Exile. Just cause you can spend up to $50k doesn't mean you have to.

making more money now, and I'm thinking of upgrading from the Speed3 in early 2008.

comments/suggestions :)

if you have to stretch teh budget to get into a $60K car (as would i and many others on here), you would be better served putting your extra $$ into an IRA, 401K, a nicer house, and at a minimum, a sound disability policy

not the sexy answer i understand

Just yet another thought. Saturn Sky redline or Pontiac Solstice GXP. I think there is an aftermarket for the GM turbo 4 now, from what I've read the are supposed to handle well, good looking two seater, and you save a lot of $$$ over a vette, Cayman, Exile. Just cause you can spend up to $50k doesn't mean you have to.

Cool cars on the outside, rattle boxes on the inside :(

but can it transform into a robot? :lol:

Only to get punked and ripped in half.

I only know one person that has an Elise, and it is the biggest pain to get in and out of. He also says its a big rattle box so I wouldn't think the Exile would be much better. Again I am just throwing out alternatives to the usual mid life vette crisis. Aren't they coming out with a Solitce/Sky hardtop? That should get rid of some of those rattles right there.

Shelby GT500?

I know, I know solid rear axle, but with Saleen, Steeda, Rousch, Eibach,HK, and a ton of other manufacturers out there I am sure you could dial in the suspension. Some positives are that its supercharged which means if you wanted to you can change the supercharger pulley/chip/exhaust and make more power. It's a Shelby car which if/when the old guy dies it'll be worth more money. Its a limited edition car, so no one else on your block will more then likely have one let alone seeing another one everyday. To say that there is a huge aftermarket for Mustang's is an understatement.

GT500 will not go up in value.....

They wound up more than doubling the production run.

Now the KR will be a collectors piece;)

That being said though I'd still go with the Vette...GT500 cant touch it!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

if you have to stretch teh budget to get into a $60K car (as would i and many others on here), you would be better served putting your extra $$ into an IRA, 401K, a nicer house, and at a minimum, a sound disability policy

bastard! that's exactly what the "little voice inside me" keeps saying. :p

okay, how's this for a Plan B:

• keep Speed3 until early '08
  • spend no more than $2k on mods (CBE, AP - if it ever comes out)
  • sell it when the new STI arrives
  • get a new STI hatchback
  • budget about $5k in mods (AP - when it comes out, twin-scroll GT35R)
  • put 10% into 401K
  • build-up ING Orange acct. for downpayment
  • buy a condo in 2009 (still got to pay the ex-wifey)

or Plan C: win Lotto, buy Gallardo, Z07, GT2, Bugatti Veyron, BMW M6, Malibu beach-front home, small private island in Caribbean sea. :):):)

bastard! that's exactly what the "little voice inside me" keeps saying. :p

okay, how's this for a Plan B:

• keep Speed3 until early '08
  • spend no more than $2k on mods (CBE, AP - if it ever comes out)
  • sell it when the new STI arrives
  • get a new STI hatchback
  • budget about $5k in mods (AP - when it comes out, twin-scroll GT35R)
  • put 10% into 401K
  • build-up ING Orange acct. for downpayment
  • buy a condo in 2009 (still got to pay the ex-wifey)

or Plan C: win Lotto, buy Gallardo, Z07, GT2, Bugatti Veyron, BMW M6, Malibu beach-front home, small private island in Caribbean sea. :):):)

Hey Kev I like plan B, plus the new STi has the same hatchback look and you know the performance will be there!

Archived