LegacyGT.com

next mid-life crisis car?..........WWYD?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
air-cooled flat six ftw.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but 911's haven't been air-cooled since the 993 went out of production in 1998.

I vote 2008 VETTE, as well. I've never really been a Corvette fan, but holy crap the new ones are just plain awesome. :wub:

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

and your talking from experience i take it. bosco

I have driven several 911s old and new...no turbo yet though. This is not an opinion that the 911 is the best pound for pound sports car...it's fact.

Sure there are 'faster' cars both top end and 0-60 but when it comes to a great all around sports car...it is tops.

Rehab is for quitters.

I have driven several 911s old and new...no turbo yet though. This is not an opinion that the 911 is the best pound for pound sports car...it's fact.

Sure there are 'faster' cars both top end and 0-60 but when it comes to a great all around sports car...it is tops.

you have a right to your opinion and some day when you actually own one let me know how your Porsche experience was. you can start with the actual cost to buy the car then throw in the maintenance cost's, gas mileage, resale, cost of parts, insurance just to name a few. pound for pound maybe dollar for dollar no way. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

When discussing sports cars one typically does not associate 'cost'. The typical 911 owner, I suspect, does not care about all that much about 'cost'...it's a fairly expensive car. We as sports car fans know this going into it.

From a sportscar standpoint...it is.... to appease....'one of the best sports cars in the world'....as I can see you own a Z06...hence the resentment...

Rehab is for quitters.

Bosco, usually you are so subjective, but your true colors are showing in this thread :lol: You are a Vet fanatic! To the point where it feels like you would never approve of anything else. When was the last time you drove a 911?

Oh, we saw a GT3 RS, orange and black, yesterday driving back from a Suby meet. Oh.....yeah.....amazing!

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

lets get something straight right now i have never said the Porsche was a bad car or anything like that, it's a fine machine. what i have been trying to say is all cars are still just cars and the smart money is with the Corvette. when you boil it down what is the "best" and for whom? cars mean different things to different people i happen to have owned four Corvettes each one great in it's own way. i have driven older Porsches and some how don't see what the big deal is i also think they are over priced but what do i know i'm old and dumb.

yes, my true colors are with the Vette so what's wrong with that? you can spew all the facts you want and talk about cars you have never owned all i'm saying is the Vette is a fine machine and is a world class sports car. it's all in what you want and can afford if money were no object i'd buy a Ferrari. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

:lol: I'm shocked!!! :lol:

There are many cars out there that trump the 911. Even the almighty turbo can no longer keep up with the C6 z06. :eek:

I love porsche and would take one over a vette any day but numbers don't lie. price, acceleration, braking, cornering, around a track... z06 > 911TT... only in the hands of a capable driver of course.

lol

lets get something straight right now i have never said the Porsche was a bad car or anything like that, it's a fine machine. what i have been trying to say is all cars are still just cars and the smart money is with the Corvette. when you boil it down what is the "best" and for whom? cars mean different things to different people...

+1

lol

WTF does 'owning' the car have to do w/ anything? B/c I do not own a 911 it in no way qualifies me to say a 911 is the best sports car. Get real.

BTW, guys I would put a 911 TT vs. virtually any car....

Rehab is for quitters.

WTF does 'owning' the car have to do w/ anything? B/c I do not own a 911 it in no way qualifies me to say a 911 is the best sports car. Get real.

Nothing entitles you to claim that a subjective opinion is a fact.

This is not an opinion that the 911 is the best pound for pound sports car...it's fact.

:rolleyes:

lol

Bosco.....I hope no offense was taken....I respect your opinion!

I also wouldn't/couldn't speak badly about the Vette, especially the new ones :drool: I also love the 911; always have. They are timeless classics, as are the Vettes. For me, it would entirely come down to an emotional buying decision after I had driven both. <-my2cents.

life in spin cycle.....:spin:

Wait a year or two for either the Camaro or Challenger. :rolleyes:
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Bosco.....I hope no offense was taken....I respect your opinion!

I also wouldn't/couldn't speak badly about the Vette, especially the new ones :drool: I also love the 911; always have. They are timeless classics, as are the Vettes. For me, it would entirely come down to an emotional buying decision after I had driven both. <-my2cents.

not a problem and yes i am probably a little to much Red, White and Blue if thats a fault then i plead gulity. sorry, i can't help it when i think someone is slamming a Vette i guess i go into defense mode. btw if any of you get a Porsche please bring it by i would love to ride in one. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

I rather have a gt3 or an R8 than a 911 TT

^^ That's great, but I believe that BOXR was looking in the $50-$60k range... so we can probably stop talking about 911's altogether.

Back on topic: How 'bout you make Wukindada jealous and go with the BMW 535ix Wagon plus a Vishnu tune..?

I think the issue bosco has is what most people face with cars. Most people are magazine racers, they have never been in the cars they think "are the best." C&D and many magazines say the 911 GT3 is the baddest, I can't disagree with them cause I have never driven it. But alot of people read that and just assume that position and put down other cars they haven't driven either.

Bosco's owned/driven the vette and thus has a much more valid argument than anyone who is "magazine" racing a vehicle they have never owned, let alone driven.

wow guys.........how do you REALLY FEEL about it? :eek:

I must say, my juices are starting to flow (that sounds sick) for getting a 2008 Corvette Z51 in Jetstream blue.

I would still need a daily driver, or at least something that I can run my 3 kids around in safely. Sure the Speed3 does that wonderfully, but I don't want to keep its nearly $500 monthly payment along with the new Vette payment.

So now i'm switching gears to ideas/suggestions for a decent 2nd car well under $20 grand. Sure, a good condition used car is a very real possibility but I've always enjoyed the "simplicity" of owning a new car with the confidence of warranty coverage.

Here's my initial thoughts: (note really want good gas mileage)

• Honda Insight
  • VW Rabbit
  • Saturn Vue
  • Toyota Corolla
  • Nissan Versa

wow, those cars are a million miles away from the topic of this thread, but what the heck.......let the rage begin!!! :lol:

oh, and before somebody suggest getting a used '05 LGT that (unfortunately) can be had for well under $20k, I don't want to fall into the mod-trap again. I need a real snoozer that simply gets my from point A to point B reliably and with at least 30 mpg highway.

Back on topic: How 'bout you make Wukindada jealous and go with the BMW 535ix Wagon plus a Vishnu tune..?

There. Your new toy IS your DD / kid hauler.

Archived