LegacyGT.com

The Kenwood KNA-G520 Navi is compatible with the DV3200?

deltabi

im so tempted to try the g610. I have been running the g510 for about 2 years now through the factory screen with a kenwood 812 HU down below for dual screen action.

Plugs are the same, looks like the protocol may have changed although I have seen some of the HU the 610 can be used with can also use the 510.

I like the 510 a lot but wouldn't mind an updated version.

Please let us know how you get on. Perhaps a store would let you try before you buy?

Good luck.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people say things dont work when they havent tried them! I agree, get a unit and see what happens, I dont think it can do any harm since both units come from Kenwood.

Please keep us posted

Rgds

I know they said the 510 didn't work, I bought one, tried it, reported on it, and voila, works great and still going strong. Debating if I should try the 610 as I don't have a good vibe it will work like I did with the 510.

grbspecb,

with G510 thay said, that navi unit compatible with kenwood monitors. (in our case, it was not fully compatible i.e. necessary to add voice adapter)

with 610 - they said, that unit compatible only with 2010 years models.

For me - it's mean that this navi is not for us :(

Anyway you can try ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I was looking into getting a used 08' Legacy but would like the SatNav upgrade. I used to work with PocketPC's a lot and was wondering if a software fix might be possible rather than a hardware one (software is cleaner and cheaper). If the issue is with the unit not giving out a "Mute_On" command, would it be possible to do a ROM dump and edit the resulting file(s) to give the mute command when in navigation mode, then just re-flash the unit. Unfortunately, I don't have a unit to test with and I am not very experienced with editing ROM files, but maybe someone who is better with software might have a shot. Just throwing it out there.

• 2 months later...

Subaru gods! I'm hoping that you can help. It seems that this forum is much more knowledgeable than most of the others I've been able to find on the internet, regardless of make/model/etc, so I'm hoping that you can allow this interruption. I have a 2008 Toyota Highlander (US Spec) and recently brought it to Germany. I've tried every possible avenue to obtain a fully functional DVD for Europe (Toyota Germany, Toyota USA, Denso Germany, Denso USA) without any luck. Scouring all the boards, it would appear that Denso and Kenwood have some interoperability. Denso won't confirm any interoperability either. Navteq, listed on the DVD, won't help either.

What I have been able to obtain is a Subaru and a Saab disk that both seem to almost work, except voice prompts (turn left in 300 meters). I cannot use the system because I'd be constantly staring at the screen.

Here is my question - Does anyone know of a fully functional (voice instructions) retail disc that I can buy?

• 4 months later...

Bump:

I did some looking on the web and found a post by someone who tried hooking up the g610 to an unlisted Kentwood display... it sounds like the touchscreen was unresponsive... and he couldn't get past the warning screen.

he also noted that the g610 has one more pin then the g510

does anyone have the service manual for a device that IS compatible with the G610.... I would like to compare it to ours and se what has changed.

• 2 weeks later...
I have now installed the KNA-G431.

Yes, as expected I have the sound issue - adapter needed!

Just a quick update ..... agold supplied the required adapter ..... VERY nicely made device.

Installed and working exactly as advertised ..... Now I have spoken instructions and moving map navigation at the same time.

VERY PLEASED - Thank You agold :icon_lol:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/jacbjacb/Subaru/adapter.jpg

Note: The above photo was agolds install ..... the wiring colours were a little different for his adapter.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/jacbjacb/Subaru/Adapterwiring.jpg

Note: For my install this is what was needed

The adapter works for the KNA-G431 and the KNA-G510 etc

• 2 weeks later...
so how much did it cost and could i get one of these adapters also i wanted to go this route last year when i was following this thread and i reached a dead end since i read the person who makes the adapters didnt want to make anymore. Also i started a thread a while back about actually changing the software like was stated above i got no response. i got the idea from an acura forum since thats what they did and it gave them full control of what they could do with their monitor i.e. control the radio and heat and get rid of the statup warning menu, change the background the list goes on. They did this all with writing the software code for it kind of like what they can do with the whole psp moding scene thats the best example i could give since to me it all seems so similar.

• 2 months later...

Anyone have agold or his adapter guys contact info?? I know there are alternatives, but for something as simple as an adapter to be between me and normal nav prompts is maddening.

Also, interested if someone just wants to sell there used working adapter from agold...

Any and all help is appreciated.

Andrey,

Want to share the wiring diagram/parts list so we could make our own?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys. Andrey is gone along with his source. There will be no more adapters and no other members have been able or willing to create one for this niche market. Obviously, if anyone who has agolds original adapter I am willing to buy it for the same price you paid. No depreciation. (Assuming it works upon proper install)

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2090559&postcount=117

Best,

C.H.

I have read this thread, because i like to update the nav from my Legacy.

If i´m right, then is the problem located by sending information from new nav unit to old display.

Would it be possible to install a newer kenwood display to solve that problem or waiting there new problems with this?

You may want to read the thread again. The primary issue is the communication between the updated nav hardware and the OEM unit. The connection and GPS are no problem. Just do cannot get voice guidance without hacking together a speaker setup directly from the new unit.

AFAIK there is NO update for the nav screen we have. It is an odd size so the updated 7" Kenwoods would not fit and likely would not mesh with the OEM programing. The screen in your car is a little more than just a monitor from what I have gathered.

Bummer they are no longer available. The factory nav is dated to say the least. I'll be subscribed hoping for a solution. Would be nice if someone who owns one of these adapters could let one of the more electrically experienced forum members take a look at it.

• 9 months later...

Archived