LegacyGT.com

The Kenwood KNA-G520 Navi is compatible with the DV3200?

deltabi

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... 17 Page thread that was started in 2007... and it takes a Canadian (approx. 5 years later) to figure this out.

****sorry to sound a little rude.. just excited that it works****

Post #253 this is an accurate pin out for the KNA-G510 (for the audio... thats all that I tested)

Pins 6 (Right), 7(left) & 19(ground) are the pins for L&R Audio

AND

(This next part needs caps lock.... very excited)

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS HOOKED UP ALREADY PIN 8 ON THE KNA-G510 (not the screen) IS A MUTE WIRE... HOOK THIS UP TO THE MUTE ON THE OEM HEAD UNIT AND YOUR GOOD TO GO.... (note this may be different for you auto climate control people, as I only tried this on P-204UN (manual climate control) where the mute wire is on the 20 pin connector.....

I just tested this with extra wire pushed into the connectors... so once I wire it all up properly, and I buy the XM radio antenna (Will probably take a week or so to get here), I will post back with a video to show you all the mute wire functioning and the full L&R sound hooked up thru the aux in for xm radio (controlled via the oem touch screen)

Wish me luck :)

I'm curious if it is this simple. I have a 2008 Tribeca with a dual climate control. I think the stereo is a Panasonic 86201XA14B. The DV3200 interface is terrible but I would want the audio.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The G510 outputs ground as Mute (which is not hooked up with the harness supplied), while the Subaru display expects +5V. I designed a circuit which changes GND to +5V, and an working on integrating it into a Tribeca. I can provide more detail if interested.

Sent you a PM. I have a 2008 Tribeca Limited w/ dual climate control and would love any info you have on integrating this! Thanks!

Sent you a PM. I have a 2008 Tribeca Limited w/ dual climate control and would love any info you have on integrating this! Thanks!

Replied to your PM. To integrate to the factory radio in your Tribeca, you just need to convert the mute (ground) from the KNA-G510 unit to 5V+ in the factory HU. This is all theory, as I didn't get the chance to confirm while I had my 08 Tribeca. I also sold my 08 spec B. If you're willing to pioneer, I'll help you figure it out.

• 10 months later...
Hi - I'm really late with this 'update'. But am currently trying to install my KNA G510 to the headunit of a 2009 Subaru Legacy 3.0r. I've been trying to figure out how to wire this. Currently, I have used a 'Add a fuse' splitter for the red wire and the yellow wire (12V), the black is attached to the chassis and the green wire is not attached. Using this with the round connected to the HU, there is no sign of the Garmin screen, although I see the subaru logo and HU menu popup. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make this work? Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Thread revival. Realizing lately I'm using my phones navigation much more than my car with the factory unit so dated. Anyone ever figure out an audio solution or alternative gps that plugs into the OEM screen? I like the factory location but the gps just doesn't cut it anymore.

• 4 months later...

Archived