LegacyGT.com

Mobil 1 Good or Bad???

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
........The 100*c and HTHS I could care less, as long as the oil is rated as a xW30. I might even drop to a 20W oil after seeing the UOA on my 5w30 setup..........

Before you decide to switch to 5W20, and ignore HTHS specs, read this thread:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=525921&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Before you decide to switch to 5W20, and ignore HTHS specs, read this thread:

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=525921&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

I totally see where you are coming from, but for 99% of the time, an oil with 3.-3.1 HTHS will easily protect the engine, and still retain lower startup wear. If I was tracking the car, then I would go up a grade....

I would even entertain using Redline 5w30 for summer use as it has a 3.8 HTHS.

I'll say it again for the headheaded folks. NOT ALL 5W-30 OILS ARE THE SAME WEIGHT. :spin:

Who said they are? All 5W30 oils are within the limit of viscosities allowed.

If manufacturer states that 5W30 oil is needed it means that oils falling into the range are fine. Wheather they are on high or low boundary or in the middle.

If it is not true then the oil specification is not specific enough and manufacturer should use other means to specify the oil; like vendor specific norm or standard.

Krzys

Who said they are? All 5W30 oils are within the limit of viscosities allowed.

If manufacturer states that 5W30 oil is needed it means that oils falling into the range are fine. Wheather they are on high or low boundary or in the middle.

If it is not true then the oil specification is not specific enough and manufacturer should use other means to specify the oil; like vendor specific norm or standard.

Krzys

What does the manufacturer recommend?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/awd06sti/IMG_0427.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The Best oil you could use is royal purple, it is expensive though.... i have been using it fr the last 30000 and it actually adds horsepower if you change your diff and gear oil with it too.... it adds 12 whp when you change all oils in your car with royal purple............. mobile one is inferior to this product.....period.. they have been doing oil and just oil for a very long time, my girlfriends dad used it when he had muscle cars..... look it up, royal purple... and dont be fooled by mobiles p.o.s. oil filters use k&n there 10x better

The Best oil you could use is royal purple, it is expensive though.... i have been using it fr the last 30000 and it actually adds horsepower if you change your diff and gear oil with it too.... it adds 12 whp when you change all oils in your car with royal purple............. mobile one is inferior to this product.....period.. they have been doing oil and just oil for a very long time, my girlfriends dad used it when he had muscle cars..... look it up, royal purple... and dont be fooled by mobiles p.o.s. oil filters use k&n there 10x better

bs

all that power just for changing the oil, i wonder if General Motors knows this? :confused: bosco

:lol:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Both K&N and Mobil 1 filters are made by Champion Labs. :rolleyes: This link might be helpful for you.....in fact, spend sometime at their website. You'll learn a thing or two.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=335164&an=0&page=0#Post335164

- The Mortgage Man

I used Royal Purple once for shits and giggles, and it did run smooth but no smoother than Mobil 1. I have close to 30K miles and have changed every 3-4K miles with Mobil 1. All this BS about engines blowing up because of synthetic oil is amusing....:lol:

User error is all I have to say about that.

Had I had synthetic in my jeep, it would still have the original engine. Oil pump failed and before I could react, engine siezed. Synthetic would have seized as well, but maybe given me enough of a buffer to stop the engine before permanent damage was done.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

ROTFL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What an oil expert, hmmm, let's see... did you ever do used oil analysis? You could prove your 12 whp that way ;):):):lol::lol:

Archived