LegacyGT.com

Official Turbo Stutter Complaint Petition

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have the stutter and the entire time thought it was my poor manual tranmission driving abilities! (This is my first MT and I only have 13K on my car)

I just loaded the TDC map last night (was using Cobb's) and guess what.....NO STUTTER! I now realize that it wasn't me, it was the car.

Long story short, for $750 you can get a boat load more power and get rid of the stutter.

That's great if you have a 05 or 06 and you want to void your warranty.

I agree with the years, this is no help to 07+, but I'm going to have to disagree with the latter half of this statement. That's for another thread (and has been done before).

I will get a case # Monday. I have now driven a 2nd 2007 LGT and it has the EXACT same issue. There can be no driver error. Simply hold the pedal to the floor in 2nd gear to feel the uneven pull. Happens in taller gears, but harder to detect. I'd like to here of a 2007 LGT that does NOT have this issue when tested as above.

Capt RB

Im in, with case # too. Sad to only see 26 :(

What they said they might do is hook a computer up to it and make a few runs and log some data to send to Subaru to take a look at. I also mentioned to them about other people online here with the same issues. I should know more tomorrow when the dealership gets back to me about it.

Looks like they fed you the same BS. That's exactly what they told me. Said they would get right back to me. I finally called them 2 weeks later and they said, "The Subaru engineers are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. No need to run any tests on your vehicle."

. I also mentioned to them about other people online here with the same issues. I should know more tomorrow when the dealership gets back to me about it.

:rolleyes: Great way of getting negative attention to this place. Thing is...from day one there have been people complaining of stutter and thinking they can change the world. Half of them didn't even know what stuDDer was...let alone spell it correctly...but they all claimed they had it. It was the same with the 05s then the 06s and every single other model year ever since...which people think is different. Same engine. Same shit.

I never had stutter. Just like people transitioning to part throttle and complaining of knocking as read by the sensors: not legitimate detonation in the engine.

This thread delivers. Good luck trying to fish a solution out of SOA. I think eventually you all will realize that you bought a Subaru not for perfection and engine sophistication and refinement but for a whole 'nother set of reasons.

I used to have the stutter and the entire time thought it was my poor manual tranmission driving abilities! (This is my first MT and I only have 13K on my car)

I just loaded the TDC map last night (was using Cobb's) and guess what.....NO STUTTER! I now realize that it wasn't me, it was the car.

Long story short, for $750 you can get a boat load more power and get rid of the stutter.

I know of people who did that and the stutter is fixed while the ecu is relearning from the reflash. But it comes back after a couple hundred miles.

:rolleyes: Great way of getting negative attention to this place. Thing is...from day one there have been people complaining of stutter and thinking they can change the world. Half of them didn't even know what stuDDer was...let alone spell it correctly...but they all claimed they had it. It was the same with the 05s then the 06s and every single other model year ever since...which people think is different. Same engine. Same shit.

I never had stutter. Just like people transitioning to part throttle and complaining of knocking as read by the sensors: not legitimate detonation in the engine.

This thread delivers. Good luck trying to fish a solution out of SOA. I think eventually you all will realize that you bought a Subaru not for perfection and engine sophistication and refinement but for a whole 'nother set of reasons.

I didnt tell them about this place at all. I just mentioned people on different forums have encounterted the issue too. Maybe you're just too unknowledgeable on the issue. When a fix does come, you'll be thanking everyone here who has fought hard to get the LGT fixed and running correctly.

I posted in the warranty forum about this as well. I have not been able to get home in time to contact them before they close up. I sent an e-mail via their website about the problem and to obtain a case number as well. I will post it as soon as I get it.

I didnt tell them about this place at all. I just mentioned people on different forums have encounterted the issue too. Maybe you're just too unknowledgeable on the issue. When a fix does come, you'll be thanking everyone here who has fought hard to get the LGT fixed and running correctly.

No Sir, I won't thank anyone. I do not have stutter. And if I had, I would go to others for solutions.

Well Godspeed in your endeavors.

I just added my case #.

I can't believe that there are only 26.

I washed my car yesterday and the stuttering was much worse for about 5 minutes. After 5 min it was still stumbling but not as bad. Has anyone experienced a similar thing.

Ddi you wash it by hand or run it through a paint scratcher, I mean car wash. If you ran it through the wash you may have blown water into the air filter through the scoop under the front of the hood. This happens to those of us with AEM Cold Air Intakes if the undercarrige wash option is used at the wash. Water sucks into the filter and either plugs it up a bit till it dries or it sucks moisture up to the MAF sensor and really makes it run rough for a little while(about 5-10 minutes). Just a thought.

I can't believe that out of 20,000+ registered users of this site that only 25-30 of each model year have a problem bad enough to petition Suabru. It's going to be hard to pressure them into doing anything with only 100 of the 40,000 plus owners of these years complaining.

Let's kick this pig!

My car was at the dealer all day, and hooked up to a computer and tested. They talked with Tech Line and everything "seems to be normal" (The answer I really expected to get) He told me it was the auto tranny locking up at about 3500 RPM forcing it to "buck". I asked why spec b and manual LGT's had the issue and I really didnt get an answer. So as far as SOA is concered, the car is running "within normal operating parameters" and the case is closed. I talked to SOA today on the phone before I went to the dealer and I will be getting a follow up phone call from someone higher up. I did splurge to them about Cobb tuning fixing the stutter issue, but I assured them I would not be messing with the ECU programing. Attached below is a log of the car in 3rd gear where they tested the stutter. He explained this to me but I find it a little confusing. Well here you go if its any help. Its on recycled paper so dont mind the upside down link and date and page number 5.

http://www.audizine.com/gallery/data/500/750608-01-2007_08_49_13PM.jpg

I asked why spec b and manual LGT's had the issue and I really didnt get an answer. >>>>

Well....my car is going in soon and it's a manual. That answer certainly won't wash. I'm not overly concerned about this anymore, but will follow through just out of curosity.

Capt RB

Archived