LegacyGT.com

Official Turbo Stutter Complaint Petition

PS I took it to another dealership to talk about it but they didnt really want to do or say anything because I didnt buy the car from them.

They did say though that since I only have 900 miles on it the computer is still adapting to my driving style. I hate being fed that BS.:mad:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a simple fix ... just a new ECU re flash.

This is my sort of my opinion. The legacy has a notoriously over sensitive drive by wire system. When the engine has been revving down it shudders because it gives the car to much gas to quickly. They turbo cannot catch up. The power delivery on the legacy is tuned to be very violent.

Be a bit nice to the throttle for a second and it will probably be ok lol.

I love my car ... basically.

Take my 2007 LGT and shift into 2nd, hold the pedal down. There will be 3 VERY distinct LUNGES or BUMPS as it takes off after the 3000 RPM range. Happens EVERY time and exactly the same. Anyone can duplicate it.

Capt RB

I spoke to my ex, who also has a 2007 LGT, totally stock. She reports the same problem. While some folks want to treat these honest concerns as a joke or troll, I feel the problem is very real for the enthusiast driver. Coming out of a turn and putting the boost on in 2nd can lead to a loss of confidence at the very least when the throttle progression isn't smooth. I have certainly had my steering corrections effected when driving hard.

Capt RB

NY

Anyone can duplicate it.
Is that a question or a statement? I too have 3 distinct ones, but I thought I was the odd one out. Most people only talk about one.

All the 06 people and the 05 people that aren't affected by it joke about it, while other 07 - 08 drivers say, "yeah it's there but I'm waiting for a tune". My database has only 9 complaints. 9!!! That is ridiculous. Even if you can confirm it but it doesn't bother you or you want a tune instead of a subaru fix, please list your vin so you can help those of us that desperately want to get rid of it. When Subaru has a fix, either you will already have your tune or you don't have to go in for the fix.

While most of my driving is below 3k and the stutter can be avoided, this really hampers the fun on the weekends and is a safety issue when you expect the power delivery that never comes when you are making a pass or similar conditions. Everyone keeps asking me to drag my car at the track, but I am embarrassed to even try, I don't want to run a 16 because the car stuttered all the way down the track. Once I get my brakes, I will do doing some track days while the weather is still nice, so I definitely want a fix soon. I thought this site was about community and people helping people. Not getting laughed at because you are concerned that your car doesn't drive like a awd turbo performance sports sedan.

I My database has only 9 complaints. 9!!! That is ridiculous. Even if you can confirm it but it doesn't bother you or you want a tune instead of a subaru fix, please list your vin so you can help those of us that desperately want to get rid of it.

I try not to give out my VIN to random websites on the internet.

No reason not to, I guess... Not much you can do with it.

Why are you excluding 05 and 06 cars? It's the same issue...and you'll get a hell of a lot more names/vins if you include all current generation LGTs.

If you read the whole thread that you linked to, the "fix" for 05's doens't really fix anything. Just about everyone who has had it "fixed" reports that the issue comes back pretty soon, or at best is only margainlly better. In fact, most dealers still won't acknowledge that it's an issue. I've complained to 2 local dealers and both have said it was normal blah blah blah......

Please open the petition to all LGTs if you want more support.

Happens at normal temps and it does it EVERY time without fail. I've done a bit more e-mailing back and forth. My ex spoke to another 07 owner and confirms the exact same thing. The three little surges/bumps, especially in 2nd are quite disconcerting. I believe that EVERY 2007 will do this if you hold the pedal down in 2nd.

Capt RB

I haven't been following the fix for 05 and I though the 06 had no issues. Regardless, I have opened entry for 05 - 08 models assuming the 05 and 06 vins are the same as 07 - 08. If you cannot enter your 05 or 06 pm me and I will look at the vin format for these years.

I try not to give out my VIN to random websites on the internet.

No reason not to, I guess... Not much you can do with it.

It's not really a random website, I am just another car enthusiast with a well defined motive and privacy statement. A few members from this forum know me irl and would vogue that I will not use the vins for any other purpose. Just as we have the forums, I am using my server space and bandwidth for the benefit of the members here.

You know I have been trying to put words to my problem but could not come up with them this thread helps. My problem also occurs at very low speed first gear. The car feels like it falls over its front tires. It only happens in the summer, I have never felt it in the winter

Take my 2007 LGT and shift into 2nd, hold the pedal down. There will be 3 VERY distinct LUNGES or BUMPS as it takes off after the 3000 RPM range. Happens EVERY time and exactly the same. Anyone can duplicate it.

Capt RB

I get two stutters (or studder/shutter/shudder/smother), going from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. These only happens when I'm above 4K rpms. Nothing happens when I keep things under the normal (what I perceive normal to be) 2500-3000 rpm range.

It is a bit frustrating. Almost like easing of the accelerator for a split second...not that my foot moves that fast.

Those of you who get the stutter, does it happen when the car is up to its normal temperature range, or just when warming up?

It happens at normal operating temperature. Mine is at its worst in the summer with the AC on. 2500 - 3500 rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear with lots of pedal travel will do it every time.

It happens at normal operating temperature. Mine is at its worst in the summer with the AC on. 2500 - 3500 rpm in 2nd or 3rd gear with lots of pedal travel will do it every time.

Come to think about your right, when I have the windows down the problem is gone.

At least the AC works good, this is fourth Subaru owned by my family and the first one with working AC, I guess thats the trade off.

I have an update.

I went to the dealer tonight for the stutter problem and the master tech couldnt confirm or deny the problem. He knew what I was talking about though. He has to talk to someone who would know more about the car and will be in touch with me. He told me, and I understood, that Subaru has a "normal operations" range and if SOA says its in that range than there is nothing that can be done.

Also the regional Subaru manager noticed my case and mentioned it to the manager when he was at the dealership Monday. He wants to know more about it. I told the dealership I wouldnt mind giving them my car for a day, a week or whatever if they want to run tests. What they said they might do is hook a computer up to it and make a few runs and log some data to send to Subaru to take a look at. I also mentioned to them about other people online here with the same issues. I should know more tomorrow when the dealership gets back to me about it.

Archived