LegacyGT.com

Official Turbo Stutter Complaint Petition

Ddi you wash it by hand or run it through a paint scratcher, I mean car wash. If you ran it through the wash you may have blown water into the air filter through the scoop under the front of the hood. This happens to those of us with AEM Cold Air Intakes if the undercarrige wash option is used at the wash. Water sucks into the filter and either plugs it up a bit till it dries or it sucks moisture up to the MAF sensor and really makes it run rough for a little while(about 5-10 minutes). Just a thought.

I can't believe that out of 20,000+ registered users of this site that only 25-30 of each model year have a problem bad enough to petition Suabru. It's going to be hard to pressure them into doing anything with only 100 of the 40,000 plus owners of these years complaining.

Thanks for the reply.

I did bring it to the car wash but I washed it my self, using the high pressure gun only. The reason I asked is because my car hesitates more after rainy weather and when driving uphill. I notice that espacially after the car has been sitting for a while.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys have to search for this forum in order to enter it ?????

I noticed that this forum is sometimes listed under (Forums-legacygt-official turbo stutter......) and other times it is not. I have to go to search and type the name of this forum. Is that normal?

• 2 weeks later...

We need to get more people aware of this problem. I realized buy talking to Subaru owners that a lot of people who have this problem don't even know it, or have been told buy the Subaru EXPERTS that stuttering is normal for a vehicle. What do you guys think about using YouTube to let people know about it? I was thinking to record my car while in action between 2000-3000rpm and show people what I am experiencing and posting it on YouTube. What do you guys think?

BTW, Are any of you experiencing any clutch noise. My clutch is Squeaking and last winter I experienced the horrible clutch smell. The dealer lubed the clutch and after I brought the car back because it was still the same, he told me that he squeaking is normal. However when I first got the car it was not squeaking. Does anyone know anything about it? ( Especially the 05 Legacy GT owners?)

Actually, there have been a couple members on this board that have already data-logged their cars and found empirical evidence on the stutter.

I have a feeling all your dealership will find is "normal operation" :rolleyes:

I see you have a 2008 Legacy... It's nice to see that three years and thousands of complaints later Subaru still hasn't addressed this issue.

Just curious, do you have any details on what was out of the norm on the data logging, too much/not enough fuel etc? The dealership was trying to do this with me too, luckily I got to talk to the tech who is very familiar with the issue, ran the VIN by the tech line and determined there was a reflash for this issue... they reflashed my ecu no questions asked and at no charge. I have a 03 legacy L 5spd

What do you think about using YouTube to get people aware of this problem and visit this forum????????

DO IT!!!

The more people that know the better. You should put a link to this thread on your youtube posting too!

I'd like to see a video just out of curiosity. My car runs a little rough from 2k-3k for the first minute or two, but after it's warmed up it's fine. Now I'm all paranoid that it's going to get worse over time.

I picked up an 2008 Legacy GT last week, and I'm already getting annoyed by the stutter. I had an 06 STI before and it didn't have this problem at all, so I know Subaru can make a drive by wire turbo car that doesn't do this.

I've had the stutter happen 3-4 times already where I push the gas and nothing, nothing, nothing...bam and it goes. Really annoying. Hope Subaru does something about this soon.

i wish i took a screen shot of each person that posted here as their first post of the boards, it shows that people are affected and searching a cure. how many others have googled it and not bothered to sign up and post? but we still are not worthy of a sticky.

not sure if i understand the purpose of a youtube vid, but whatever, just provide a link to this thread. if nothing else we will get a few new bodies on the forums, our count is only up to 35.

my08 spec.b around 4500rpm i have a terrible stutter, sometimes followed by a healthy backfire. but it varies in degree from one time to the next. sometimes its like it is pulling timing or bleeding boost and others its like it hits a rev limiter for 1.5 seconds.

my prev. 05lgt was very very smooth from when it was stock all the way through tdc stg2

my08 spec.b around 4500rpm i have a terrible stutter, sometimes followed by a healthy backfire. but it varies in degree from one time to the next. sometimes its like it is pulling timing or bleeding boost and others its like it hits a rev limiter for 1.5 seconds.

my prev. 05lgt was very very smooth from when it was stock all the way through tdc stg2

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems with your new spec B, but very happy to hear that your '05 LGT was smooooooooth because that's what I want ;)

Archived