LegacyGT.com

Hawaii Legacy Owners

kavolta

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon, make sure you know exactly which maps you should be running after the tune. I some how ended up using the wrong realtime map because I assumed the map entitled "main" was the one I should have been using. Turns out that map was causing my car to knock after some data logging was performed recently. I had to e-mail Jarrad and found out I should have been running a different realtime map. Subsequent data logging confirmed that this did not cause significant knocking. Jarrad's super cool & very patient with idiots like me.

Good luck!

Thanks, substitude!

Any LGT owner who have and ACT, Exedy or ANY stage 2 clutch setup that can handle over 350whp and 350w torque?

Ryan installed an SPEC Stage II Plus and SPEC lightweight Flywheel for me,...the first 2k miles was hell with all the chattering and rough starts,..it rolls off from a start almost like stock now, but I still get a little chattering now and again,..

No more worries with hp or tq numbers with this setup now...

I e-mailed the vendor & he thinks shipping to Hawaii will be just an additional $20. Not bad. This is for 05-07 I believe.

Kevin is selling his Perrin TMIC for $525:

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181821&page=2&highlight=perrin+tmic

Here's a TMIC if you ever feel like doing an STI swap...

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187880

Yes, still sitting in his garage and worth the price since they are still in great condition...beats paying new price + shipping costs,..

Also, it hard to find a set of 04 Brembos and I put on Hawk HPS pads on too,...low low mileage with less than a year on pads as he sold the LGT,...why? I dont know....too many cars I guess..

BTW,..Im keeping my LGT as its way too much fun and more sense to keep,...selling another older car I dont need and maintanance cost is higher..

So,..Im still with the Subie crowd,..see ya round!

Simon, make sure you know exactly which maps you should be running after the tune. I some how ended up using the wrong realtime map because I assumed the map entitled "main" was the one I should have been using. Turns out that map was causing my car to knock after some data logging was performed recently. I had to e-mail Jarrad and found out I should have been running a different realtime map. Subsequent data logging confirmed that this did not cause significant knocking. Jarrad's super cool & very patient with idiots like me.

Good luck!

Tanks, Substitude!

Wouldn't Jarrad provide the map after the tune? :confused: Ya would think that, wouldn't you? +1 on Jarrad being super cool and very conscienscious!

Ryan installed an SPEC Stage II Plus and SPEC lightweight Flywheel for me,...the first 2k miles was hell with all the chattering and rough starts,..it rolls off from a start almost like stock now, but I still get a little chattering now and again,..

No more worries with hp or tq numbers with this setup now...

Yo bro.. I was told you have a sick LGT.. FP green putting down close or over 400whp... that's very ill, man! :eek:

My tune will much more conservative than yours, bro.. something in the mid 300s whp and wtq.. ;)

i think I saw your black with gold rims at Capones a couple months ago getting a detail. Heard ya gots a sicko E55 too. :) Niiiiicceee....

Jarrad snapped his Spec clutch so he recommended the ACT one with lightened flywheel. I don't think it's the 6-puck one.. or I wont be able to drive it as a DD! :eek: Yes, I was told the first 1-2k I will have to tolerate the chatter.. :mad:

Tanks, Substitude!

Wouldn't Jarrad provide the map after the tune? :confused: Ya would think that, wouldn't you? +1 on Jarrad being super cool and very conscienscious!

The maps will be on your AP, but everything happens so quickly that we didn't really have time to discuss much about the realtime maps. I just assumed (my fault) that the one entitled "main" was the one I should have been using. Instead it was a file named "v5" that I should have been using. Again, it was my fault for not asking & not really understanding how realtime maps & reflashing the ECU work. He's a nice guy, just make sure you ask questions before & after (not during) the tune. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

K, folks... just picked up my LGT from Ryan this evening. All parts installed - its quite a conservative list, nothin fancy really compared to what STi mods typically are - just this install included:

Perrin FMIC

DW 850 injectors

16G EVO3 turbo

Perrin PSRS

TXS 2 stage boost controller

AP

Perrin lightened pulley

ACT full face clutch with lightened flywheel kit

NGK platinum IX +1 spark plugs

Broquet Top Fueller 80 in-line fuel catalyst

Also found out I need to replace my power steering pump as well :mad:

*bummer*

Can't wait for September to arrive.. ;)

K, folks... just picked up my LGT from Ryan this evening. All parts installed - its quite a conservative list, nothin fancy really compared to what STi mods typically are - just this install included:

Perrin FMIC

DW 850 injectors

16G EVO3 turbo

Perrin PSRS

TXS 2 stage boost controller

AP

Perrin lightened pulley

ACT full face clutch with lightened flywheel kit

NGK platinum IX +1 spark plugs

Broquet Top Fueller 80 in-line fuel catalyst

Also found out I need to replace my power steering pump as well :mad:

*bummer*

Can't wait for September to arrive.. ;)

I can't wait to see the results!

You gonna come to the AUW cruise on 9/14?

Gotta help represent the Leggys!

I can't wait to see the results!

You gonna come to the AUW cruise on 9/14?

Gotta help represent the Leggys!

Can't wait as well, bro.. rit now its set to wastegate boost til the tune.

I was planning to... but I have a couple of projects that may interfere for that particular Sunday.. will make a final decision in a week or so... BTW, my bone stock look wont turn heads tho... not even a spoiler.. :lol:

here ya go:

I think Walt is heading this up again this year.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189316

I also see ted is assisting him as well. Both very nice, cool guys.

They posted their contact info there, so that would be your best bet, and thanks for the donation! Hopefully I'll run into your fast car on the roads. :)

here ya go:

I think Walt is heading this up again this year.

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189316

I also see ted is assisting him as well. Both very nice, cool guys.

They posted their contact info there, so that would be your best bet, and thanks for the donation! Hopefully I'll run into your fast car on the roads. :)

Thanks, Bro... Will contact Walt Monday and drop off my contribution.

My fast car? I think mine may be quick but not fast at all compared to the modded wrx and stis' around here!

Experienced a little (unexpected) 4 wheel drift at the Puuloa offramp to the Moanalua freeway today.. hmmm.. methinks I need to look into a wider tire combo.. maybe 18"? Any suggestions? Can I go 255/35/18s? I currently have 245/40/17 shoes on...

Archived