LegacyGT.com

Hawaii Legacy Owners

kavolta

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello guys, I am moving to Kailua for 6 to 12 months for work. I won't take the Legacy taking my Miata instead. Any tracks or autocross in the Big Island, or in Oahu at least? We shall meet sometime. I am moving sept 14th or so. Cheers or aloha i should say

Hello guys, I am moving to Kailua for 6 to 12 months for work. I won't take the Legacy taking my Miata instead. Any tracks or autocross in the Big Island, or in Oahu at least? We shall meet sometime. I am moving sept 14th or so. Cheers or aloha i should say

You'll be glad to know there is autocrossing on Oahu.

http://www.sccahawaii.org/

Some pics:

http://www.tomo-dachi.net/sccapics/

I'm going out for only the 2nd time this Sunday. From what I recall, there were a bunch of Miata's the last time I went.

Chris, saw your super clean LGT parked askew in front of Ryan's shop this morning.

Shweet car, bro! Time for an oil change? ;)

Was that you who drove by sometime between 9-9:30? Do you have gold wheels? I was sitting in the shade across the street waiting for them to open shop & saw another LGT drive by.

I was talking to some old dude who was waiting for the cycle repair shop next door to open. He told me he was going to have the owner sell his moped b/c he has double vision in his right eye... not to mention the fact that he got into an accident a few years ago on a different moped. Did I mention he was old? Like in his 70's. Yep, time to move on to something safer gramps.

Ryan & Davin did my 60k service + upgraded to Hawk HPS pads & some stainless lines I bought from Kevin. It took awhile, but it was worth the wait. They did all that & still beat Servco's price for the 60k service. Ryan said the rear brake lines for the Leggy are harder to do than the Impreza.

Those guys are super busy this week... b/c of the upcoming tune. Speaking of which, good luck! Wish I could be there... :spin:

Yes, bro.. that was moi. Da one with matte gold rims. I didn't seeya! if I did, I would have stopped by to chat.

Yeah.. Ryan & Co. are busy as hell til next week. I had to drop by and have Ryan check out my brakes, they were squealing.. found it it was just teeny stone embedded on the back plate of the brakes. A 2 minute fix! I had Ryan install my SS lines when he did my mods.. feels nice! has better modulation.

yeah.. my tune is this Monday. kinda anxious now..

BTW, is anyone interested in meeting up and compare/evaluate suspension setups/tuning?

I'm curious to know and perhaps even experience how others have their aftermarket suspension setup for our beautifully glassy smooth roads here in Hawaii. :p

not sure if I could meet up but I have H-tech's on the stock struts and it rides a little bit stiffer then stock. Surprisingly, the rear dropped more then expected. It suppose to be like a .9 drop in the rear but I think it went much lower.

not sure if I could meet up but I have H-tech's on the stock struts and it rides a little bit stiffer then stock. Surprisingly, the rear dropped more then expected. It suppose to be like a .9 drop in the rear but I think it went much lower.

Agreed. The drop on the rear is way more noticeable. But I don't care. As far as ride quality, A LITTLE harsher than stock. But not too much at all. I should also be getting a rsb soon. Me loves auto-x now :).

Also I don't care how rough my ride is. Coming from a 240 with fully adjustable arms and coilovers. I'm used to bouncing around everywhere. I personally love it.

Racecomp KW Tarmac coilovers, Whiteline front and rear sways, Kartboy endlinks, Cusco rear strut tower, Sti front strut tower, Cusco lower braces, Perrin PSRS, Whiteline front roll-center adjustment kit over here. Car is lowered to 1.5" above the tire and the fender lip. Still looks higher than a stock BMW!

I hear ya on the rim denting roads here, bro... my 19s got so dented I took them off and replaced with Enkei RPF1 17x8.5 (15lbs) and 245/40/17 050 pole shoes. Much better ride!

I'm hoping to, if I can pry myself off work. :redface:

I have been fine tuning the setup, but I find the 17s are simply just not up to handling the weight if this car. I'm thinking 18s are better suited for the LGT.

'Thoughts on this, anyone? Comments and criticisms are always welcome!

Or maybe it's my tires?

My mod funds are running on fumes, but eventually I'd like to go to 18 x 8's, perhaps with 235/40/18 BFG KD's.

Then, if I'm still able to auto-x on a regular basis, maybe I can get me a set of race tires to use w/ my BBS wheels. :)

Chris/John/Francis, I'd ask if anyone wants to do some fun runs with the next solo event in October, but I think we're running in heat 1... and I don't think I'll be sticking around all day. Perhaps some other time?

My mod funds are running on fumes, but eventually I'd like to go to 18 x 8's, perhaps with 235/40/18 BFG KD's.

Then, if I'm still able to auto-x on a regular basis, maybe I can get me a set of race tires to use w/ my BBS wheels. :)

Chris/John/Francis, I'd ask if anyone wants to do some fun runs with the next solo event in October, but I think we're running in heat 1... and I don't think I'll be sticking around all day. Perhaps some other time?

I'm sure 17's or 18's would be fine. Maybe a wider rim, like 17x8 or 18x8.5

as substitude has stated. Chris, i will be able to make the october event, but won't make the nov. one due to vacation.

There is also test and tune in january, so everyone can practice driving skills, and switch cars if they like.

There is also test and tune in january, so everyone can practice driving skills, and switch cars if they like.

Now that sounds like fun! I'd like to see what seasoned drivers can do with my car... so I have something to aim for & gauge my weaksauce driving against.

Congrats to Simon on some great numbers his Leggy threw down on the dyno at Rad's!!

323 awhp & 398 awtq!!

If you don't mind, can you list your power mods?.... I know you got that mystery turbo (16g?) that Jarrad has been testing right?

Thanks, Bro...

It was definitely an anxiety-filled day with tons of work related calls mixed in. Overall, the experience has left me exhausted. Let's not forget my senior moment of not filling my tank up thus having to rush and get a tank at Checkers AND gas during mid tune (!!! THANKS, FRANCIS!!) and missing the Fort Weaver exit cos I was on a biz conference call on the way there. I had to exit at Kapolei to make my way back... Sheesh...

I was 'encouraged' to make the post ASAP and here's da link of mods, bro:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95790

Thanks for your support, Chris! Hope we get to meet up real soon!

Thanks, Bro...

It was definitely an anxiety-filled day with tons of work related calls mixed in. Overall, the experience has left me exhausted. Let's not forget my senior moment of not filling my tank up thus having to rush and get a tank at Checkers AND gas during mid tune (!!! THANKS, FRANCIS!!) and missing the Fort Weaver exit cos I was on a biz conference call on the way there. I had to exit at Kapolei to make my way back... Sheesh...

I was 'encouraged' to make the post ASAP and here's da link of mods, bro:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95790

Thanks for your support, Chris! Hope we get to meet up real soon!

Congrats simon! Those #'s look awesome. I want 300+ WTQ!! :)

Archived