LegacyGT.com

Hawaii Legacy Owners

kavolta

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you the John that Dylan knows?

Anyway I honestly don't think there are a lot of us on the westside. In fact maybe just me and you lol. Maybe porshia might be down. And I'm game to drive up to mill town and meet with substitude.

Are you the John that Dylan knows?

Anyway I honestly don't think there are a lot of us on the westside. In fact maybe just me and you lol. Maybe porshia might be down. And I'm game to drive up to mill town and meet with substitude.

yup thats me. let me know the details for the cruise. maybe we all can roll out together.

If my schedule allows I'm willing to drive out to the westside. Not sure if I can make it to the cruise, but hopefully I will be there & see other Leggies!

Hope to have my new Ravspec polyurethane front lip installed by then.

yup thats me. let me know the details for the cruise. maybe we all can roll out together.

Ahh so you're the "other" John lol. He told me he knew another John that also drove a gt lol. I was like what are the odds of that. Anyway yea as more info gets set in stone I'll post up here, or link it whatever.

If my schedule allows I'm willing to drive out to the westside. Not sure if I can make it to the cruise, but hopefully I will be there & see other Leggies!

Hope to have my new Ravspec polyurethane front lip installed by then.

Ahhhhhhhhh no cruise? How we gonna get cool on board footage.

Quick question; for the people in Hawaii. Do your Legacys come from Indiana or Japan?

Reference this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58200&page=8

Post #114. Thank you.

How do we find that info? The info plate in my engine bay says manufactured in Japan.

oh, I'm the other "white" LGT in ewa along with Johnboi. not sure if I could make the cruise but I'll have to see when everything is set.

Mine had an Indiana sticker on it, and I am pretty sure my VIN starts with 4. The dealer here may get it's cars "through" Fuji Industries, but doesn't Fuji still own the factory in Indiana? So it doesn't matter "who" you get it from, they all come from the same place. right?

Quick question; for the people in Hawaii. Do your Legacys come from Indiana or Japan?

Reference this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58200&page=8

Post #114. Thank you.

We get our Legacy's from Indiana. The JDM Legacy's can't come to Hawaii because of the 5 mile an hour crash beam bumper. Which means they have a shorter bumper in Japan, which looks kinda cool

We get ours through SOA. That's why we don't have spec b's. Because SOA doesn't wanna give us those models. Facken wack!

Didn't know that. Wonder why Hawaii can get the other models of Legacy then, if they are coming from the same building in Indiana.

Didn't know that. Wonder why Hawaii can get the other models of Legacy then, if they are coming from the same building in Indiana.

Unless things have changed since 2004, this is what I know:

Hawaii could only get select Subaru models because a company called Schumann was the sole distributor and a dealer of Subaru vehicles in the state. I don't recall the owner of the other Subaru dealer on Oahu, but they too could only get their cars through Schumann, the distributor. Most other states get their cars through SOA (the manufacturer and distributor). Servco Pacific has since bought out Schumann. Whether or not the sale included the distibutorship I don't know.

Servco owns all but one Toyota dealership in the state. They are also a distributor of Toyota vehicles. Practically every Toyota sold in Hawaii was a car purchased through Servco the dealer and Servco the distibutor. (Nice set up.) Monopoly? No, because Big Island Toyota (located on Hawaii, the island) is not owned by Servco and gets their vehicles through Toyota USA. (Convenient way to avoid a lawsuit.) Servco the distributor excluded certain models to 95% of the population in the state that were otherwise available nationwide such as the Corolla FX-16, Corolla AWD Wagon and the 1980s Land Cruiser. Servco the distributor didn't want to deal with sunroof issues in the 1980s so sunroofs weren't available during that period, too. A friend of mine had to purchase his Cressida from Big Island Toyota and ship it to Oahu because he really wanted a sunroof. And don't even think about cross-shopping among the "dealers" on Oahu for a Toyota. It is verboten at Servco to undercut a quote once your name is in their database. Another friend had to purchase a Tacoma under his sister's name so that the second salesperson at another location could offer him a better deal. It was the salesperson's idea, not my friend's.

Loooong story short, I wouldn't be surprised if certain Subaru models aren't available in Hawaii.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

Archived