LegacyGT.com

Hawaii Legacy Owners

kavolta

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm actually quite happy with my suspension setup. I will let you know if I do decide to change it, though.

I am willing to do an even swap of my Blitz Nur Spec mufflers for stock, though.

I'd be willing to swap, stock for your Nur-spec's if you want; You don't have your stock cans anymore?

bigkahuna808 - thanks for the welcome, bro!

808subaru - yeah.. stupid me.. misplaced it and have no frikkin idea where ti F it went to. What is the condition of your stock cans? Mine are in excellent shape! PM or email me and we can hook up if you want. Thanks!

There used to be a gas thread on i-club, but for some reason my seraching abilities are sub-par today.

I think Chris T. even posted about which refinery the gas stations in Hawaii get their fuel from. I think a lot get it from Aloha Petroleum & then add their own additives to give tradenames like V-power & Techron.

I've been using 92 oct from Costco (I think they also use Aloha) ever since I bought my car & had it tuned using that gas as well. I get >300 miles if I run the car until the light comes on.

Hmmm.. I think that very smart, Subitude! 'never thought of that.. Doh.

I noticed that I get >260 with 76 and >285 on shell 91 before the light comes on before I use Broquet.

I was told to avoid chevron for reasons that it destroys your car??!!

I think I'm going to start using Costco gas from now on and see what Jarrad can do when he tunes my car in September.

Subitude: did you ever get your recon ok'ed? If so, what did you do?

There used to be a gas thread on i-club, but for some reason my seraching abilities are sub-par today.

I think Chris T. even posted about which refinery the gas stations in Hawaii get their fuel from. I think a lot get it from Aloha Petroleum & then add their own additives to give tradenames like V-power & Techron.

I've been using 92 oct from Costco (I think they also use Aloha) ever since I bought my car & had it tuned using that gas as well. I get >300 miles if I run the car until the light comes on.

We have a winner! From what I remember being told, by my uncle who is the number 1 driver for aloha right now, we only have two refinery's. Aloha and another. I believe Chevron has it's own and everyone else uses Aloha. So I wouldn't be too concerned of the different kinds of gas on the island. As theres only 2 lol. I've been using costco gas also since I bought the car and when I had my 240. I get a little over 300 a tank also. BUT I never let it drop below 1/4 tank.

... I think I'm going to start using Costco gas from now on and see what Jarrad can do when he tunes my car in September.

Subitude: did you ever get your recon ok'ed? If so, what did you do?

Are you on the confirmed list for the tune? I'll have to be sure to try & check it out if you are!! That would be even better if you can get a hold of that new turbo Jarrad's been testing.

Never did go back to the recon station. I have 90 days to do so & not have to repay the $15 fee. To be honest, I don't think I'll be going back. The test's methodology is BS & with questionable validity. I think I can get my safety check from lots of places b/c I my car isn't slammed.

See everyone tomorrow... I wish I could have washed my car today... maybe I'll drive through a car wash somewhere & hope they don't damage my front lip.

Are you on the confirmed list for the tune? I'll have to be sure to try & check it out if you are!! That would be even better if you can get a hold of that new turbo Jarrad's been testing.

Yuppers! Per Dan from i-club. I am in. Can't wait. I should be receiving my Perrin ELH and SPT perfromance gauge pack next week. The FMIC should be in a week or two. I'm hoping to get all my items (from my list) before the tune.

Has anyone installed a BOV? Does it help it all? Strictly performance-wise. If so, any suggestions? I was told its more of a toy that makes nice funky sounds. Sorry to sound ignorant.

Yuppers! Per Dan from i-club. I am in. Can't wait. I should be receiving my Perrin ELH and SPT perfromance gauge pack next week. The FMIC should be in a week or two. I'm hoping to get all my items (from my list) before the tune.

Has anyone installed a BOV? Does it help it all? Strictly performance-wise. If so, any suggestions? I was told its more of a toy that makes nice funky sounds. Sorry to sound ignorant.

Awesome... I'll make a strong effort to be there for your tune & lend support to a fellow Leggy. If I do make it out, I'll be sure to take some video. It's not cheap to get your car tuned, but it will be well worth it, trust me.

Here are some videos I took of my car & my friend's STI:

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2101690443111738276]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2101690443111738276[/ame]

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429632487443655358]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429632487443655358[/ame]

After my tune my peak boost was a little over 18 psi. I also don't think an aftermarket bov is necessary. Maybe you should spend your money on some heat wrap or something else instead.

Bloody hell.. nice video, bro.. Now you are definitely not helping me in being patient! Jarrad has the ELH heat wrapped before he packed it up.

I am very grateful for your support and being there if you can make it. This is my first tune ever and I hope to have a positive experience.

BTW, has anyone experience any exhaust leaks from using stock bolts for aftermarket exhauts pipes? I get a fluttering sound inside my cabin with windows up when I accelerate, mostly at WOT. You think its my up, dp or tbe? or ?

Does anyone know a good painter who can repaint my trunk to stock obsidian black?

Thanks!!

Isn't compressor surge when you lift off the throttle and the wastegate still remains open? I may be waaay of here..

anyways, I think another reason is that I have ALL my trunk cladding taken off as well. But that flutter bothers me - doesn't matter if the AC is off or on.

Any other suggestions?

^ Do you have a general idea of where the flutter is coming from?

I had a fluttering sound a few months ago & I could tell it was somewhere near the engine bay... found the exhaust leak at the passenger side crosspipe-exhaust manifold gasket.

See post #24 on this thread for pics:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77494&page=2&highlight=remflex

Did you use new OEM gaskets?

Thanks bro! Will check it out and look into it tomorrow!!

:)

If you haven't already seen it, this is the thread that lists all the part numbers you'll need if you want to get new OEM gaskets:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39943

The Servco parts guy is pretty good & can also tell you which gaskets you'll need if you want to swam 'em out.

The parts dept number is 687-7615.

Good luck... hope you resolve the dreaded flutter.

I think I did get the OEM gaskets for the UP and DP from Rick at Servco. BUT, the joints between the DP and the Mid and the Y and the mufflers are all Perrin oem that came wiht the pipes. I don't think Subaru OEM has 3" gaskets for them pipes.. do they? If the Perrin gaskets are the culprits, what gaskets should I use?

I went with crucial and no problomes yet. Most guys run the oem gaskets for the header up and dp main connections and what ever comes with the aftermarket kits for the turbo back. Try take it to Ryan at r&d aka vokamon he found my problome last time.

Munkeyworks is run by Sean. He specializes in toyotas, but most have had good experiences with him. I have bought lugnuts from him, and in the future would like to discuss motor options for my toyota with him.

Archived