LegacyGT.com

Hawaii Legacy Owners

kavolta

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a generic catless flex UP (made for WRX/STI) & Cobb HFC DP. I had the resistor fix as well for the UP & threw CEL's b/c of the DP. But I got the AP & PDX tune shortly thereafter & that solved all my problems.

If you're going to change those out, I would suggest sticking with OEM gaskets. I tried the crushable Remflex gaskets. If you don't crush 'em just right you'll eventually have problems.

In the recent week or so has anyone noticed that they're gettin less miles per fill up? Myself and my co-worker shaggy noticed that. I'm guessing more ethenol?

i havent really noticed. altho i cant help boosting. i have a heavy foot:)

I try not to boost and get about 300 miles to the tank.

As for gaskets I'm runing the crucial racing ones with no known problomes. But from what I hear the OEm ones are good too.

I boost EVERYWHERE I go and I get about 300 a tank myself. I never go below quarter tank though

do you have the stock spring and strut assembly? i got a safety check coming up haha. good luck w/ the sale man.

Funny that you asked that question... I just failed recon today with my Racecomp Engineering Tarmac 1 coilovers (KW's).

What kind of suspension mods do you have?

Funny that you asked that question... I just failed recon today with my Racecomp Engineering Tarmac 1 coilovers (KW's).

What kind of suspension mods do you have?

you failed? How was the fog lights the issue? Or did you not pass the minimum height? Aligment?>

you failed? How was the fog lights the issue? Or did you not pass the minimum height? Aligment?>

Nope it was the "bounce test" in which they check for suspension travel. The HAR (Hawaii Administration Rule) actually calls for 2 inches of travel. They don't actually expect Subies to travel 2" but they want to see a fair amount of bounce to the car.

My alignment was good, center of headlights was > 22", tint was good. Fogs are not an issue.

The guy told me the rear end of the car did fine but that the front of the car was "slammed"... his way of saying it was too stiff. He didn't exert much force on the car & I asked if I could bounce it... but he said no.

The guy wasn't really being an a-hole about it, he was actually pretty cool. I just don't really care for this recon process & just pissed that I was trying to do the right thing. I know I can find someone who will OK my safety check, but I wanted to do things the right way.

Oh well.

can u adjust the damper on those?

Yup. He said "there must be something you can do."

So I adjusted them right before his eyes... dialed them to the full soft.

But with the amount of force he was applying on a 3500lb car, of course it's not going to move much... and you would need to apply more force on the front end of the car than you did on the rear.

anyone consider taking their suby to ryan or davin at Vakamon/ R&D motorsports to do thier service? I wanna see if they can do it, Ryan and davin always have been good to my suby!

I'll tell my sister to give them a call. Thanks!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

nothing much..currently, Perrin down, TSX Flex Up, Perrin mid and Y, Nur Spec mufflers and AP 91 map, RaceComp Tarmac 1 coilovers, 17" enkei RPF01s w/ 245/40/17 BS 050 poles...

Perrin ELH, FMIC and Jarrad's new LGT turbo kit with hiflow injectors, pulsion spark plugs, etc.. (whenever he's done testing it) coming soon with his ProTune this September...

I gotta get rid of my Nur Spec.. its not a goo dmatch for the Perrins..

How about you?

As much as I would love to attend, I'm tied down with work.. sigh.. bummer.

Archived