LegacyGT.com

Disable seatbelt chime - no cutting required!!!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like you're trying to get into the passanger side one. You should be able to take those small flat screw drivers and insert into the seam where the two parts of the cover join. I think I did mine at the bottom first and worked my way up.

Looks like you're trying to get into the passanger side one. You should be able to take those small flat screw drivers and insert into the seam where the two parts of the cover join. I think I did mine at the bottom first and worked my way up.

nah this is the drivers side.. im down in australia so things are backwards compared to you guys :) could be a reason why these instructions dont work for my car

Turn the car to on, and put your seatbelt on and off just keep on clicking it in the thingy for like 30 seconds. do it as fast as you can then turn the car all the way on and it will disable your chime!

is this something that will need to be done everytime i go for a drive?

or do it once and will never come back?

From reading around on here, a lot of people have mixed reviews on the click method. It seems like sometimes it randomly comes back on, and then it seems like it always comes back on if you have the battery disconnected for any period of time. It seriously takes like 3 minutes to do the quick switch mod that is permanent.

Were you able to get into the housing?

From reading around on here, a lot of people have mixed reviews on the click method. It seems like sometimes it randomly comes back on, and then it seems like it always comes back on if you have the battery disconnected for any period of time. It seriously takes like 3 minutes to do the quick switch mod that is permanent.

Were you able to get into the housing?

yeh i want to implement the permanent fix but still can`t see any clear way to remove the housing... i dont want to damage or break anything of course.. i have attached a pic in my previous post to try and assist but at this stage, no idea..

maybe my only option is to use the 30 clicks option..

That's wierd. Your buckle looks different from our driver's side one. It looks more like our passanger buckle. Still, there should be a seam where the two sides of each housing join. You should be able to wedge a small jewely size flat screw driver into the seam and begin prying it apart. If it slips out you risk scratching the housing some, but you shouldn't be able to break it.

Just want to put in a pointer to the "nuclear option" where you remove or silence

the actual chime bell itself:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83382

Quite a bit more work, but it gets rid of ALL chimes. That's important to me,

because I'm a lot more annoyed by the inability to sit in the car and listen to

the radio (with the key in the ignition and the engine off) without the annoying

chime.

IF you go this way, read to the end of the thread, where I added some pretty

helpful (IMHO) explanations.

OH so that is from the seatbelt latch beside the seat, NOT the latch on the door correct? I am not so sure I wanna take things apart...I'd prolly mess it up.

I think I'm going to just take some electrical tape and put it over the light..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived