LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey looks like were gonna pass gt's after all. Now they really cant say anything because we have proof that the engine wont blow after forcing it.

Whatch out guys for the smart comments coming our way for example: well we can upgrade our cars to be faster than yours. Ya Ya we know.

I'm pretty sure everyone had said earlier, the 2.5i could handle a minimal amount of boost, therefore this kit gives that minimal amount of boost. And if I'm not mistaken, the GT's are putting down more to the wheels stock, then this kit puts down added to the 2.5i.

I'm pretty sure everyone had said earlier, the 2.5i could handle a minimal amount of boost, therefore this kit gives that minimal amount of boost. And if I'm not mistaken, the GT's are putting down more to the wheels stock, then this kit puts down added to the 2.5i.

Yeah but we will have the PSSST:lol: i am fore seeing the turkey BOV.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

one thing is for sure. once it's spooled you'll finally get that kick in the pants you've been dyin to feel and wonderin what the GT guys were talkin about!! but it won't end there. then you're gonna want more. and at that point you're lookin at engine rebuilds. there where'll be taht you surpase the stock GT's. good luck!!

I know there are particulars in here looking for just a decent gain in power and I know there are others in here looking for something that will surpass stock GT's, what they don't realize is while surpassing the stock GT's, they will also be surpassing the stock GT's price tag. :) But it is sweet someone came out with a low psi kit for the 2.5i engine. That way those of you look for a little more umph, can get it.

I know there are particulars in here looking for just a decent gain in power and I know there are others in here looking for something that will surpass stock GT's, what they don't realize is while surpassing the stock GT's, they will also be surpassing the stock GT's price tag. :) But it is sweet someone came out with a low psi kit for the 2.5i engine. That way those of you look for a little more umph, can get it.

AMEN!!!!!

O.

You should be able to pick up a used '05 with fairly low miles for about $15k (give or take a K), put a $3k turbo kit on it. Makes for a very cheap, very nice turbo'd Suby. I can't wait to see what comes of this. You've peaked my interest for sure. Can the Auto tranny handle the extra power? Or is a manual needed?

Yes, except california for the current kit for 00-04, it retains a cat.

The future kit will have a cat as well. Still may not be legal for california.

Sean S.

ah who cares... its not like most mods done are legal anyways.

lol

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

All this sounds very interesting, but I chose my 2.5 because I wanted the mpg and paying for 87 octane. Best of luck to all of you.

Although in the future when I want a manual 2.5 gt wagon, I'd have to go this route SOA hates owners like me.

No, but neither does a GT when you pay the uber-extra to the dealership and insurance man...and tax-man...

Sean has/had his hand in many LGT projects, so i'm sure his goals for this kit will be on par with what a GT can muster with x bolt-ons. I could care less if a stock GT can beat a turboed 2.5i to 100mph. If it beats it on a roll from 30-70, that's where i want it! And if it can do it all day long safely while running a cool 5-6 lbs of boost, sign me up.

You turbo guys should go price out an Avo turbo for your GT's, they aren't cheap. So, relatively, that fully bolt-on turbo kit, with intercooler, isn't that bad for the money. This kit will sell, regardless of who thinks the stock

turbo counterpart is a better deal...

Archived