LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Technical feature new Subaru Forester 2008(2009) model years.

The Full length: 4 560 mm.

Full width: 1 780 mm.

Full height: 1 675 mm.

Wheel base: 2 615 mm.

Weight: 1 430 1 480.

I to like new Forester. Increased on all parameter. Look it:

http://subaru.ru/image_data/pages/sm/forester08/e000545_img.gif

http://subaru.ru/image_data/pages/sm/forester08/e000548_img.gif

Wow, can that be right?

1,430Kg = 3,152lbs

1,480Kg = 3,262lbs

That would be lighter than the SG model????

Guest heightsgtltd

Why are you posting the same photos over and over again :lol:

FYI to Subaru, don't give the new Forester the exact same dash as the new Impreza :lol:

The new Forester is shaping up to be my favorite Subaru.

+1 - I really dig the interior (a big improvement from the loaner Forresters that my dealer has given to me when my car was in the shop) and the exterior of the sports version (blacked out grille, sportier front and rear lower spoilers), looks pretty sweet. I feel that the model with the chromed out grille should bring in new buyers looking for the 'mini-truck' look while the sports model (hopefully with sportier suspension improvements to complement the sportier appearance) will hold the loyalists.

It does, however, need the following improvements in addition to what we have seen:

- 5-speed auto

- 243 hp+ engine from the legacy (hopefully more when they release the next-gen legacy in 2010)

- Improved fuel economy.

Crapola - after taking a look at the publication - still uses the 4EAT and same power rating as the WRX (230 ps). I still really like the design, at least from the preliminary photos. Anybody who wants the XT should be getting the 5MT anyways but lots of the scissor-kickers and soccer moms that drive these will probably go for the auto.

Crapola - after taking a look at the publication - still uses the 4EAT and same power rating as the WRX (230 ps). I still really like the design, at least from the preliminary photos. Anybody who wants the XT should be getting the 5MT anyways but lots of the scissor-kickers and soccer moms that drive these will probably go for the auto.

Only positive is, according to the preliminary specs, it appears that the new Forester is nearly 100 lbs lighter than the outgoing model.

So Im wondering, with the Tribeca initially being a very ugly car, and the new Impreza with design only a mother could love, and now the Forester is just awful looking and mechanically stuck in the stone age, is anyone worried about the next gen. Legacy?

I dunno why, but I can just see it now. 2018 Subaru Legacy. 5EAT only, no HIDs, crappy sound sytems, and whopping 243 hp. ...thats if SOA makes it that far.

Archived