LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

With all the talk of the Forester getting much bigger. I suspect that the Outback will get longer. I bet a longer Outback will be seen over seas for 09 and here in the states for 2010.

If that is true I really hope the Legacy doesn't get longer

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With all the talk of the Forester getting much bigger. I suspect that the Outback will get longer. I bet a longer Outback will be seen over seas for 09 and here in the states for 2010.

If that is true I really hope the Legacy doesn't get longer

It probably will. Some have complained of rear-seat legroom. If the Legacy stretches by two inches, and that goes into cabin length, I think most people will be happy.

After all, the Legacy is a little smaller than many of its competitors.

• 3 weeks later...
I’d welcome a car that had the power, amenities and ride of a Legacy with the height and headroom of a Forester. Old folks have a hard time with rough rides and low in and out (I’m about 6’3”). The Hilander or Acura have the height but not the zip of a Legacy. I look at my car and it looks like it ids going 75MPH when it is parked. And blowing the doors of Porches and BeeMers always makes my blood churn.

I don't know why Subaru still gave the Forester the ugly ass green dash.. one of my reasons of not looking for another forester.

This ideas the Outback mule is Forester or Exiga are quite retarded. If anything, this is next gen Legacy/Outback. They stretched it in two dimensions (look at the rear door or hood) which is consistent with the speculation that Legacy will get bigger. It should given that Impreza grew.

• 1 month later...
Remember that unconfirmed sketch of the 2009 Subaru Forester we brought you a couple of weeks ago? It appears those scribblings will be very close to the actual tall wagon/CUV-thingy that Subaru eventually unveils. What appear to be scans of an actual brochure for the redesigned Forester (albeit a JDM version) have popped up on the NASIOC forums, as well as what looks like a scan of a Japanese auto rag cover. Though these scans are extremely tiny, we can make out a grille similar to the Tribeca's flanked by new swoopy headlights that soften up the Forester's famously blunt visage. Will the car completely lose its boxy character in favor of a Matrix/Vibe profile and swept back D-pillar as the sketch suggested? Unfortunately, these scans don't offer much enlightenment and their validity is difficult to confirm. While this scan of the Japanese auto rag's cover does show the whole vehicle, it's almost certainly a rendering and therefore doesn't necessarily show us the final version of Subaru's next Forester. Looks like we'll just have to wait until it pops up on the auto show circuit, though all signs are pointing towards a radical design departure for Subie's little CUV.

Definitely lookin' better than the Impreza, IMHO. But they still can't seem to style a grille, can they? I think this looks promising, although I'm unclear on the overall size. I'd like it to be just a hair bigger than the current one, a little more width and rear-seat legroom, but without encroaching on OB size length.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Archived