LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm liking it!

:whore:

The new design is a lot more mainstream (many in the enthusiast community may not like this) and is sure to give Subaru some much needed volume boost. The car does look a bit more larger than the current model which is also good. The only complaint I've had with current gen is the lack of legroom in the second row. Which, I'm sure, has been remedied in the bigger '09.

I think it looks nice, but i think that ruggedness is gone, they have the forrester STI in japan and it looks good, how can you make this an STI version, I think it would awkwardly look like a tuned SUV which in my mind makes no sense at all.

From Poulsboy on SF.org

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5939/p5hs2.jpg

I really like the design of it, very very good looking. We could only hope that the USDM looks exactly like that. Black would look great on that, especially with that silver trim under the front bumper.

Guest heightsgtltd

It's not as ugly as the Impreza.

Looks ok, but it looks too much like a Honda Pilot, esp. in ride height.

If I were to get one, I would want one that was more car-like, which always has been a Forester virtue. Looks like that is gone

Guest heightsgtltd

Meh...

going mainstream and not in a good way.

It would be great if Subaru actually improved upon a model line instead of just becoming more and more homogenous

Meh...

going mainstream and not in a good way.

It would be great if Subaru actually improved upon a model line instead of just becoming more and more homogenous

My only concern is with the XT model - power output will remain the same, but weight will significantly increase.

My guess is that it will basically be a '08 Impreza raised with a different body. Interior and mechanical systems will be identical.

Guest heightsgtltd

IF that's true, then its a big fail.

The interior space of the current Forester blows esp in rear.

I thought it was going to be built off of Leg or Tribeca platform

Guest heightsgtltd

Well IMHO, the power has to be increased throughout the line.

When non-sporting models of competitors have significantly more HP than Subaru does in their sporting models, something should change.

The one with the chrome grille looks like an outlander ripoff with CR-V rear while the one with the blacked-out grille is pretty sweet, looks like the next evolution of the Forrester. Maybe the one on the left is the Forrester sports and the other is the standard?

Archived