LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Forester thead

godwhomismike

You know what I meant.

Yeah, still while this site is US centric it's not US only. Please state SOA instead of Subaru in instances like that.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, still while this site is US centric it's not US only. Please state SOA instead of Subaru in instances like that.

...okay.

I wonder is Subaru of America would actually offer a manual transmission with a 6 cylinder engine in their cars being distrubed to people in America. Hasnt happened since the 80s American version of the XT, with a 2.7L.

The 2008 Forester has some new color options. The SPORTS X and SPORTS XT Models continue. WR Blue is now going to be offered on a normal SPORTS X. The LL Bean gets a monotone gold. No major changes. 2008 in the USDM will be a "lame duck year" and also short. The 2009 will be out eairly 2008. 2008 MY introduces a color called "Steel Sliver Metallic" Its suppose to be a very metallic version of the very popular and short lived Steel Gray in the 2006 MY

Forester XTs are not strong, fast, sellers. At the introduction of a new model year there are always a hand full of Forester XTs from the previous kicking around for sometime after.

Of course this might not be completly obvious because I'm talking about sales of new cars, exactly how Subaru looks at it. There are 100s of SOA Demo Forester XTs that get sold as used cars on dealer lots. The Forester XT is a cool car, but the Forester target market is similar to the kind that buys the Outback LL Bean 3.0R over the XT. I belive the Forester should have done what the Outback line did and add a 6cyl first. But I'm sure the six wouldnt fit as well, thats why they didnt do it, maybe?

I'm expecting the Forester to become the 4-cylinder, 5-seater version of the Tribeca.

Yep. I fully expect Subaru to ditch the slab-sided look and slip into something a little more blobbish. I also fully expect the internet to have a collective aneurysm, albeit not quite as severe as when the first '08 WRX pictures leaked.

I would be very happy with a Forester XT Sports in WR Blue with leather/suede seats done by Katzkin. See attached for the look of the seats.

I'd also like the double-din radio removed and have a Pioneer AVIC-D3 In-dash navigation system installed.

Swap the stock 215/55 R17 tires for a quality set of 225/55 R17 all seasons.

I think at that point, I would be fairly content. Maybe COBB suspension upgrade too.

seats.jpg.1aca8d830dd5144d706b3aeefd0a50dc.jpg

^^^^I would definately agree with you. . .I would acutally prefer to get some 245s on there. I had an old car that had 215 45 17s, 245s made all sorts of difference, it was amazing!!

I would be okay with nav as an option, but i would just yank it out and throw my own in anyway :)

• 4 months later...

Actually, I had no beef with it in the Forester XT, it was very smooth, but the seats were so miserable that it turned me off. I kept adjusting myself looking for some cushioning.

I really need to test the new WRX with the 4EAT before I make any judgments on it. I do however, like having the manual mode the 5EAT offers.

Some of the guys in the UK were part of a focus group that have seen the 09 Foresters. Apparently they've mainstreamed them. Taller, more rounded, just in general things that most (but not all, of course) of us that do own Foresters have no desire to see in the next version.

Apparently they were a hit with people that don't currently own Foresters, and a bust with those that do. There's an eternally long thread on subaruforester.org about the whole mess.

Too bad the UK guys were forbidden to bring anything capable of taking a picture.

As I usually trade on the 4 year mark I was looking at the 08's but they're so similar to my 04 that its not worth it. Also, the 08 FXT uses the same block that the 06's on do, which is the WRX block. The 04 and 05 FXT's use the Sti block.

I don't mod, but a lot of those that do, prefer the 04's and 05's for that reason.

Which is why I'm over on this board trying to cram all the Legacy info I can into my head.

Archived