LegacyGT.com

24 hr Beater Race

urfsin

Hey Dave, did you get an email from Jay Lamm saying that the application deadline for the October race is August 15th? I'm almost 100% sure I'll have a motor back in the car within the next couple of weeks. If you haven't contacted him yet, please do so and remind him that he guaranteed us a spot.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpdate!

I just got this e-mail from the 24 hour peeps.

Hola, Team Captain:

Just a quick heads-up to let you know that your team was ACCEPTED for the 24 Hours of LeMons Arse-Freeze-Apalooza at Altamont, on 20-21 October. The swanky "Official Acceptance Packages" were dropped off at USPS this morning, meaning you should have 'em in hand during the week. If you don't get your package by the first of September, gimme a call and I'll fax you the pages directly.

Thanks much for the app and your ongoing--if inexplicable--interest in LeMons. Please feel free to get in touch anytime if you've got any questions. (Besides, you know, 'why the hell am I doing this?' That I can't answer.)

Best &c & so forth--Jay

:icon_twis Slide It Sideways :icon_twis

• 5 weeks later...

BIG TIME update!!!!!!!

Ok, the deadline for getting the $$$ in for the race has passed, but it's ok I just need to get it done ASAP. Here is the breakdown I have so far.

Team entry fee $500

Driver entry fee $100/driver

"crew member" entry fee $75/crew member (this is basically a pit pass to hang out with the team and cruise around the other teams pits, you don't have to accually do "crew" work)

For drivers I have:

Paul Leung

Paul Yim

Michael Lewis

Dave Haws

Louie Minette <--- was "in" then "out", but is now back "in" !!!

For crew members I have:

Eric and Andrew from Yimi Tuning

Reza

Mike Yan (you still want to come up and hang?)

With this breakdown, I have to cut a check for $1300.

Drivers will need to get me $200 (driver fee and share of team entry fee)

Crew members will need to pay $75

If anyone else wants to come up, you need get in contact with me ASAP or forever hold your peace.

If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask.

THANKS!!!

I have some good news. My buddy Louie has scourced out a 2.2L longblock for $300. It has 130K on it, but it was running at the time it was pulled. This motor is a good plan B IMO. If we can do a 2.5L it would be better, but if push comes to shove, this is a good option.

I have some good news. My buddy Louie has scourced out a 2.2L longblock for $300. It has 130K on it, but it was running at the time it was pulled. This motor is a good plan B IMO. If we can do a 2.5L it would be better, but if push comes to shove, this is a good option.

I've got an Ebay bid in for a set of 2.5 SOHC heads and we should be able to get a 2.5L shortblock for the cost of shipping. That should put the dollars at a comparable level. Obviously the 2.5 will make more power, but the 2.2 is pretty dang bullet proof, so that might not be a bad bet either. Maybe a bit of porting and some S-AFC tuning and we might be able to come close to the 2.5L power with better reliability.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Got a wonderful call from Tim Bailey today. For you guys who don't know, Tim was one of the founding partners of PDX Tuning and has now formed his own tuning firm called Surgeline Tuning. In any case, Tim has generously given his time to try and find us a motor. He ended up contacting Subiesport and they have a motor for us! :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr Between Subiesport and Surgeline Tuning they are covering the cost of the motor for us. :eek: Thank you guys! You are awesome and I cannot express my gratitude especially for how you came through for us with the race date looming close. I believe that one of Subiesport's writers will be joining our team as a driver as well, so we got 2 bonuses today :)

Hopefully the motor will be at the shop later this week and we'll freshen it up a bit and get it in the car ASAP.

Update: Got a wonderful call from Tim Bailey today. For you guys who don't know, Tim was one of the founding partners of PDX Tuning and has now formed his own tuning firm called Surgeline Tuning. In any case, Tim has generously given his time to try and find us a motor. He ended up contacting Subiesport and they have a motor for us! :icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr Between Subiesport and Surgeline Tuning they are covering the cost of the motor for us. :eek: Thank you guys! You are awesome and I cannot express my gratitude especially for how you came through for us with the race date looming close. I believe that one of Subiesport's writers will be joining our team as a driver as well, so we got 2 bonuses today :)

Hopefully the motor will be at the shop later this week and we'll freshen it up a bit and get it in the car ASAP.

Cool! What kind of motor?

HV

Archived