LegacyGT.com

How to run simple DVD on your NAV!

t-type86

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far.... we have confirmed there is NOT a video INPUT on the 2006?

Correct?... Different unit?

How about a full console swap... 07 in 06 car.

Center console and cubby hole with aux input.

Anyone want to try?

while we're at it we should install memory seats for the 06 as well...

So far.... we have confirmed there is NOT a video INPUT on the 2006?

Correct?... Different unit?

If you're getting this information from above, that's from a EDM legacy 3.0R.

My 06 has the input and it works great. Also have the Jazzy Mod. I'm awaiting something in the mail I'm going to use instead of a dvd player, I'll post up when I have it all installed.

If you're getting this information from above, that's from a EDM legacy 3.0R.

My 06 has the input and it works great. Also have the Jazzy Mod. I'm awaiting something in the mail I'm going to use instead of a dvd player, I'll post up when I have it all installed.

oooo im interested :munch:

• 5 months later...

The Nav and Video are independent from each other, so switching between the 2 is as simple as pressing the Map or the Info button twice.

No, make Nav entries while moving check the other thread where you have to ground a pin on the unit under the seat.

I do not have any experience with the backup camera so can't help you there.

I did this and also did the work-around by grounding out the screen. Works great. I use it as my backup camera. I am getting a DVD player in the mail today and am using a passive switching system in my glovebox to select between DVD and backup camera.

I did this and also did the work-around by grounding out the screen. Works great. I use it as my backup camera. I am getting a DVD player in the mail today and am using a passive switching system in my glovebox to select between DVD and backup camera.

What switch are you using

;1267681']No need for a switch. The Nav display has a separate video input for a backup camera and will switch to it automatically when the car is in reverse.

Explain I thought when you hook up the camera it connects to same video in didn't see another input

• 1 month later...

stupid question...as most of this went over my head...so i apologize from the start

will setting up the nav to play dvd as indicated in this thread, impact the ability to use my ipod through the audio aux input?

seems like it should, but like i said...i'm either drunk or confused

thanks!

well the display only has a video in. In order to run sound, you need to tap it through the aux. I have two cables running to my console, one for my ipod and one for my dvd player. just swap them manually whenever you want to switch between ipod and dvd.

Oh and to anyone reading this, I have extra MOLEX connectors pre-wired for back-up camera for sale. They wouldn't let me buy just 1 so I have a bunch extra. PM me if interested. I am not selling them at a profit, just trying to get rid of them.

Grounding the wire behind the nav enables video during motion.

Grounding the wire under the drivers seat enables input.

Does cutting the wire behind the nav screen and grounding it enable you to enter nav destinations while driving, or does this only enable access to the video input while in motion? thanks.

• 2 months later...

Thank you OP!

I was feeling adventurous so I wandered out and gave this a shot. Really pretty easy. I don't have any device to output composite video other than my digital camera so I plugged it in to ensure that everything was working properly. Also took a short video

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8959000736214059486&hl=en]DigiCam A/V out to LGT nav system[/ame]

I didn't want to run a wire around back there so I grabbed a DMM and found a purple wire that is GND. I jumpered from the 'blueish grey' to the purple wire to keep the parking brake sensor happy. Be very careful and check with a DMM first before you do this because there are 2 purple wires in the harness but ONLY 1 is GND!

Once again thatnks for the detailed write-up.

lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived