LegacyGT.com

How to run simple DVD on your NAV!

t-type86

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question... if I plug an Ipod to RCA cable in to the bottom of my Ipod (80 gig video)... and plug the headphone jack to my Aux... Both video and sound will work right? or will the ipod disable the headphone jack? basically I want to plug my ipod into the nav unit, and the sound into the aux input... guess this question should go in and Ipod forum... but i'm assuming someone knows the answer to this.

i dont know the ipod but you can get a rca to 3.5mm converter its liek $3-$5 at radio shack $1 at the dollar store and plug that into the aux.

• 2 weeks later...
i dont know the ipod but you can get a rca to 3.5mm converter its liek $3-$5 at radio shack $1 at the dollar store and plug that into the aux.

That is for Audio only... I'm probably going to just run a 3.5mm to Video RCA (got that wierd cable with some crappy video camera)... basically a 3.5 mm end has 3 "rings" on it... I believe ones for left audio, anothers for right, and the third is for Video.. or the rings separate the sections that are for each... either way you have to have the right cable for the video. I'm going to just use the radio to broadcast my ipod audio to my radio (crappy I know) and run the 3.5mm from the ipod to the video... then i get audio and video... I know there's a MUCH better way to do it, I just dont wanna spend the extra $ yet for a cord

Oh i confused you.

http://www.dashshopping.com/product_images/d/iphone_ipod_av_cable_1__02431.jpg

I was talkin bout the AV cable from the ipod Red, White, and Yellow, Yellow goes to a single rca wire to the navi screen. the Red n white go to an RCA to 3.5MM adaptor.

http://budgetgamer.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/audio1-rca-to-headphone.jpg

Then this goes into the aux.

edit: This is basically how i ahve my DVD player and ps1 hooked up...

Oh i confused you.

I was talkin bout the AV cable from the ipod Red, White, and Yellow, Yellow goes to a single rca wire to the navi screen. the Red n white go to an RCA to 3.5MM adaptor.

Then this goes into the aux.

edit: This is basically how i ahve my DVD player and ps1 hooked up...

yes! THAT is EXACTLY what I had in mind hahaha... I just don't wanna spend the $50 on that white AV cable yet... I will though... soon.

Hey thanks for the quick mod! One question I just did this and now when I hit a bump my sound crackles and goes in and out? Before the mod all was fine. Also will do it if I tap the passenger side of the counsel now. Any idea on what would do this? Maybe I need to work the ground wire to a better place?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bumpin this up, I got a 30gb ipod video. I think 4 or 5 gen. it does video out the headphone port. Got all the right cables off amazon for 10 bucks and everything works wonderful. Audio, video.

One question,

Will the 4 pin molex take video other than the reverse camera? Like can I hook up something else and it will be recognized?

Thanks!

bumpin this up, I got a 30gb ipod video. I think 4 or 5 gen. it does video out the headphone port. Got all the right cables off amazon for 10 bucks and everything works wonderful. Audio, video.

One question,

Will the 4 pin molex take video other than the reverse camera? Like can I hook up something else and it will be recognized?

Thanks!

The 4 pin molex only seems to be active while in reverse and the stock buttons don't allow for switching to that video input.. I bet if you really wanted you could make a separate switch to operate it.

The 4 pin molex only seems to be active while in reverse and the stock buttons don't allow for switching to that video input.. I bet if you really wanted you could make a separate switch to operate it.

Yea, was thinking you just need a signal to turn it on like the one you get when putting the car into reverse does.

Rochester, eh? Just got out of there and the 5 years at RIT

Done this mod while I installed the OEM nav in my 5sp car. Works great. I just need to get a better cable to go from the audio out to aux input in my car so I can tuck the dvd player under the seat.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• 2 months later...

Great Mod, Thx!!!

How's about some Hockey Night in Canada Live Via Sattelite TV in the Car?? LOL

The TV Picture looks better than these crappy pics show. Its actually quite good.

Hooked my iPhone up to the video input and using a slingbox can stream live TV into the car lol. Technology is crazy.

http://members.shaw.ca/ninjaactionjeans/SlingInCar1.JPG

http://members.shaw.ca/ninjaactionjeans/SlingInCar2.JPG

damn that awesome I would have never believed it would work so well is your iphone using the cell towers or a wireless network? Is there a difference in picture quality between the two I wouldnt have beleived the cell towers 3g or whatever could provide a movie feed worth watching. I really hope I am wrong

TIA,

Anthony

well...i swapped an EU display with an US display so now i 've video and backup camera input.I installed the display and the video input (play video via iphone) and everything works just great.

I just have the obc sayin measures in imperial (miles/gallon/farenheit) instead of meter/liters/celsious. In the navigation menu i set it as metric and it works fine on maps. Instead on the onboard pc it says temperature in F and miles and gallons.Do you know how to change it ...maybe i can remove some card inside my old EU screen and swap em with the US one ?

Another thing...which is the pinout of the 3 connector on the nav display ?Cause, when my nav voice talks, it shut-off both radio and climate control, thats pretty weirdo...i think its some muting function thats not working. Is there a way to fix it..cutting the mute wire or bridging it ?thanks.

damn that awesome I would have never believed it would work so well is your iphone using the cell towers or a wireless network? Is there a difference in picture quality between the two I wouldnt have beleived the cell towers 3g or whatever could provide a movie feed worth watching. I really hope I am wrong

TIA,

Anthony

Its running on cell towers, works perfect. It only needs 0.5 mbit to look half decent, and this new HSPA+ network these iphones run on do 10 times that speed easy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

unxpectederror,

How did you get sling box to video output? Is your iphone jailbroke?

I can get ti to work with my non jailbroke phone only the audio comes out when using slingbox.

TIA,

Anthony

• 3 months later...

Thread bump.

Does the gray wire that should be grounded have to be cut, or can it be jumpered to ground? Alternatively, does anybody know what type of terminal is used on that harness? I'm a fan of doing mods in a manner that can be reverted back to stock completely, so I'd like to avoid cutting if possible.

Archived