LegacyGT.com

How to run simple DVD on your NAV!

t-type86

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

so ive now read through this entire thread and couldn't discern a 100% yes or no from my 2AM reading of the 6 pages. Does a US 2006 Spec.b (mine happens to be 403 but thats not important) have the single yellow video input on the back of the navigation screen.

I am going to be doing the HighlineCA stock radio modification when they start it up and will just have them add an RCA in on the back so I can have stereo sound into the system so i dont care about the audio. I just want to know before i start making moves towards getting the DVD player and such that there is a video in on the 06 spec B navigation units?

can Somebody else with an 06 spec B confirm one way or another for me?

cool ill do it when i uncover my car... right now ive got a really nice corner spot outside my townhouse with the cover on it, makes me all warm and fuzzy inside every time i walk out the door for class

Checked, so now all with 06 spec.B have confirmation, the nav unit in our cars DOES have the video in plug on the back. Cant wait to add a DVD player and backup camera to my ride...

anybody know a good basic 12v DVD player that might fit somewhere nice like under the seat or in the glove box?

starting the Ebay search for a color/Infared backup camera & a DVD player...

Thinking if i can get one that fits ill put the DVD player in the Manual partition of the glovebox, or under the seat. They make little remote sensor things that go over the sensor on the DVD player itself and then you run a wire and put a different sensor wherever you want. Thinking put the remote sensor behind one of the heat vents, totally invisible but remote works

then get a 4 channel a/v switch that fits in the arm rest. Can switch from DVD player, to backup camera, and have two more slots for whatever I havent thought of yet, maybe another camera mounted in the front grill/bumper etc & a hook up for the thin version of PS2 or something..... very very excited.

I don't care about the camera turning on automatically when putting car into reverse. I'll just leave the video splitter on the reverse camera mode & when I actually need the camera i can just hit the info button twice...

I just realized that the Zune outputs video. lol. I will be running a composite cable from the nav to the center console tomorrow or this coming weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations / pictures of the center trim being removed? If not I will be sure to snap a few and post them up.
lol

Checked, so now all with 06 spec.B have confirmation, the nav unit in our cars DOES have the video in plug on the back.

haha... was just rereading the thread looking for more input and came across this info on the last post of page 4 ;)

lol

yeah I wanted to be sure that i was part of the "in" crowd before I went through researching DVD players and backup cameras... Want to do the backup camera sometime soon... got a few picked out on ebay so far. color in daytime and infared in the night... should be pretty cool im going to have it set up so i can turn it on whenever I want. Might be very nice asset to have in heavy traffic when switching lanes etc etc...

What is the purple wire for?

My video input seems to work at night just gets darker but I am basing this on my rear view camera working at night and when I push the info button it going black. I have no input in the back but it goes to black when I push it twice.

I really want to make my rear view camera to work when I put it in reverse and when I push the info button twice.

Do you think having the camera powered up at all times when the car runs would be bad for it?

Archived