LegacyGT.com

Headlight clearing (w/pics)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So I had 2 questions.

The only things hold the bumper on are the pop-its? It seems pretty tight around the headlights still, does it just need a good pull? (The grill is already removed).

So is there a good way to get that last pop-it in the inner fender well out? I pulled the plastic wheel well thing back, but it still isn't giving much room at all.

If I remember correctly, yes, the only things holding the bumper on are the Pop-Its.

By having removed the grill, you should've removed the two bolts that "sandwich" the grill and the bumper (near the "corners" of the headlights, if you imagine them to be eyes).

Remember, though, that there are Pop-Its underneath as well, securing the bumper skin to the underside of the vehicle.

The two Pop-Its in the fenderwell (follow the bumper-skin -to- fender body-seam to locate them) are tough. Visualizing them with a small flashlight, prior to attacking them, can help, particularly if this is your first time doing things.

The bumper skin is extremely flexible - as with handling a baby, be firm, but gentle, and you'll be OK. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ It's probably just some "first time" difficulties. :)

I've had my front bumper off so many times now, for my various projects, that it's pretty much all muscle-memory.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

clearing my headlights tonight at at 8:30

but i have an 8:30am service appointment for 30k at the dealer so i gotta put it back on tonight or early tommarow morn. i just have to remove the turn signal bulbs right... 200 degrees for 12 minutes?

• 2 weeks later...
Plan on doing this tomorrow after 3 years, if the weather holds.

I just did mine last summer after 2.5 years of talking about it.

Turned out to be fairly easy. I had some help from people who had already done it.

Never have had a single leak or fogging issue over the past year.

I just did mine last summer after 2.5 years of talking about it.

Turned out to be fairly easy. I had some help from people who had already done it.

Never have had a single leak or fogging issue over the past year.

Cleared and painted mine last week after a week of procrastinating. No Leaks yet....*Knocks on wood*

I'm on my third year of fog/moisture-free. :)

I opened my setup a total of 3 separate times - not to fix leaks/fogging/moisture, but rather, to perform different mods. :)

When I'm in there to clear the amber I've heard a little about filling a hole to make the cutoff more crisp, can anyone go into more detail than this?

When putting everything back together was there anything specific you all did to ensure no leaks (silicon, right? what kind?)

Thanks!

When I'm in there to clear the amber I've heard a little about filling a hole to make the cutoff more crisp, can anyone go into more detail than this?

When putting everything back together was there anything specific you all did to ensure no leaks (silicon, right? what kind?)

Thanks!

I squeezed them back together, put back in the oven for 5 min, took out and squeezed together again, back 5 min, squeezed again

all on 230 deg. 12-15 min for first bake to open

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/SM025.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/SM015.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/SM014.jpg

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh39/fiidgett2/SM010.jpg