LegacyGT.com

Daniel Stern Lighting and Subaru headlight options

f1anatic

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Nah - your posts are always very well considered! No thanks needed! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

For those of you who want to use the 9011 to replace the 9005, you will need to trim it as Daniel Stern mentioned in his response.

I am planning to replace the 9006 low-beams on my Odyssey with 9012 HIR2. I found this on the internet that might be useful. Hopefully, it's accurate.

http://shnu.us/HIR%20Trimming%20Stock.htm

I did order my bulbs but they are backordered two weeks.

He is really helpful and nice in person - called and talked to him. He stated that his mother (or mother in law) has a Legacy.

I went to the dealer and they replaced both my headlight bulbs under warranty (23,xxx miles) but so far it seems the lighting is worse than before. Maybe they put longer lasting bulbs (replaced both) which cut down on lumens.

• 1 month later...

Anyone get these from Daniel Stern?

I bought the Rallye H7 +65W for the low beams and the gold H3s for the fog lights. The low beams are really bright now. I think I wasted my money on the fog bulbs. I can barely see them because the low beams are so bright.

Hmmm. But from what you describing they're good?

I am happy with the headlights, except perhaps rain, where low beams could have more ooomph.

• 2 weeks later...
Just installed a set of the 65W H7s bought from suvlights.com (they were about $40 before tax and shipping). I have noticed that they are brighter and a higher color temperature than the stock H7s and my previous European Silverstars. For me, I think they offer more bang for the buck than the Silverstars -- with those, I really didn't notice a difference over the stock H7s.

As I said, I got the Rallye bulbs (65W) from Daniel Stern and I am pretty happy with them. Brighter and more light on the ground. no need for HIDs or replace fog bulbs (unless I am going yellow). Heck I don"t even run my fogs no more.

^^^ I agree.

After driving around with these for a few weeks, I really appreciate how bright they are. Fogs are drowned out by the low beams.

I've noticed that the only cars that seem to have more light in front of them on the road surface are late model German cars with factory HID.

Has anyone experienced any objections from oncoming traffic with the 65W low beams installed? They appear to be about 50% more lumens and that seems considerable. I would not want an oncoming police officer flashing his highs expecting me to lower mine when I am running low beams.

I'd love to get some, but I constantly get flashed with the stock lights. I cant imagine if they where brighter. My drive home has a lot of unlit twistys. Ahh who cares where do i get em:)

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I have the 65w low beams, get just about the same on-coming traffic flashes as with the stockers. Damn wagon sits tail low to begin with....

I'll align the headlights after I level (lower) the car this spring.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!