LegacyGT.com

Daniel Stern Lighting and Subaru headlight options

f1anatic

He may be......

but I need them ASAP, Drivers side bulb is out......

I called him on the 29th & the 30th:(:(:(

He was on vacation. I ordered lights from him before he left, but I did not know that. I got an email 3 weeks later saying, "sorry for the delay, I just got back from vacation and am catching up on my email orders" this was after I received a comfirmation that my payment was accepted. I sent an email back saying I wasn't happy, he should have either let me know he was leaving or sent them out before he left. I still have not received my bulbs, been about 4 weeks or so.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These bulbs are often not in stock in US. There is a website www.powerbulbs.co.uk I may be wrong) which also sells them.

Now I cannot say anything on Mr. Daniel Stern as my experience with him has been favorable.

Just get yours replaced under warranty or get an el-cheapo from the auto store and wait for the good ones to come. They're worth.

Got the bulbs from Stern finally yesterday. Wow! The 65W Osram lows are very very nice, but the HIR high beams blow mind. It's like daylight at night.

Got the bulbs from Stern finally yesterday. Wow! The 65W Osram lows are very very nice, but the HIR high beams blow mind. It's like daylight at night.

Makes me wanna pay for them...though realistically I have no place to use them... Did you upgrade the fogs ?

I'm on the Narva Golds - I really like the color. :) Great offset for whiter-than average low-beams. There's some sacrifice in brightness, but that's not a bad thing, either, for true foul-weather use.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm on the Narva Golds - I really like the color. :) Great offset for whiter-than average low-beams. There's some sacrifice in brightness, but that's not a bad thing, either, for true foul-weather use.

For the 85W ones Stern wanted like $20 each if not more.... apparently discontinued.

^ Doh. :(

I am disappointed to hear that they've been discontinued..... :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ Good question - I honestly don't know.....

It would take an awfully well-trained eye to spot the aftermarket bulbs, particularly if there really wasn't anything to tip them off (i.e. a distinct "blue" hue).....

• 2 weeks later...
Saga continues, stern says now that my credit card won't go through :rolleyes: tells me this after 5 weeks? I think I am done with him.

I just placed an order with him. Hopefully it does not take this long.

What has been the average length of time for orders?

^ Mine was about two weeks, from placement 'till arrival.

He was on-vacation the week I placed the order (same as the other members above, so the date does match), but once he got back to me, the products were pretty much shipped out that very next day.

:)