LegacyGT.com

Official PA Legacy Thread

bobo69

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, never heard of those bands. My father went to West Scranton HS. He just taught at NPHS. He's retired a long time now. As for being of age...40 and counting :lol:

What years did your dad teach at North Pocono? maybe he was one of my teachers. I was class of 78.

If I'm going faster than you, Move Right.

Precision Tuning - its in NJ but worth the trip (was definitely worth it for me...)

welcome to the area

Also curious....

Also anyone up for an up-pipe install one of these weekends? Im in west chester but would be willing to drive a pretty good distance if i could get the help. I can offer drinks and pizza for your time and help. Also I have ramps and basic tools( Ratchets, Wrenches, The basics) but no jack just in case the engine needs to go up a couple of inches.

Anyone interested? We could polly do more than one car in a day if a couple of us got together to do it.

-Pierce

What years did your dad teach at North Pocono? maybe he was one of my teachers. I was class of 78.

He was teaching there then. He taught Graphic Arts, drafting, photography.

I was living on Maple St in Moscow at that time.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Also curious....

Also anyone up for an up-pipe install one of these weekends? Im in west chester but would be willing to drive a pretty good distance if i could get the help. I can offer drinks and pizza for your time and help. Also I have ramps and basic tools( Ratchets, Wrenches, The basics) but no jack just in case the engine needs to go up a couple of inches.

Anyone interested? We could polly do more than one car in a day if a couple of us got together to do it.

-Pierce

i am interested...pm sent

I might be interested in joining in...sounds like a bunch of different stuff may get done...anyone interested in making some DIY front grills? I'm in roxborough, but will travel if anyone else is in.

I'm in for the DIY grill, been wanting to to it for a while. Don't have a dremel though, but I can travel. If someone can supply a dremel i'll supply some drinks.

i believe i may be able to locate a dremel...have to doublecheck though

i can supply drinks also...

sounds like so far the following has been suggested - up pipe install, knock out cats in up / dp, and DIY grill

anyone have other suggestions / projects?

wa da tah my damie

Drew, if you want, swing by the office when you need the Dremel. Just let me know before you need it and I'll bring mine in for you. If you're super nice, I think I even have a piece of mesh for it. Or I might just come out, I want to do a tail light, brake light, blinker tint.

Also, if someone could organize a bunch of bikini girls to wash and wax, that would be good. Giggity.:dm:

Also, if someone could organize a bunch of bikini girls to wash and wax, that would be good. Giggity.:dm:

when u guys thinkin bout doin this (lets get some dates out there)...also i have a sexy dog i can dress up in a bikini but shes off limits

Whenever works. I think I will come out and drink, I mean learn. Lol. I got some ramps you can use (if your car's not lowered), and a Dremel. I want to learn how to do this install. Boostjunkie pretty much changed my mind from doing the up pipe now and instead saving up for a full stage 2 exhaust setup instead. :)

Ok now that the dust has settled down from my move... I'm going to really get into tuning and modding my LGT.

Does anyone have a ball park what it takes to get my car to stage 2? What about stage 3?

I'm willing to invest up to around $5000 tops, but I don't want to adversely screw up the MPG's or the Octane requirements too bad. I get about 19 MPG now, which is ok. I wouldn't want to go too much lower than that.

I'm thinking, (and tell me if I'm wrong):

Uneven headders

Uppipe

Turbo (possibly, depends on price)

Intercooler (FMIC if it's worth it, otherwise TMIC)

Tranny cooler (5EAT)

DownPipe

Catback

Pro Tune / Access port?

TB bypass

Oil Cooler (worth it?)

I'd love to just buy everything in one shot and do the work myself, but I know that's utopian.

Just looking for a way to start, and if anyone knows what's a waste or a possible better solution, please, PM me!

Not sure what you already have done, but here's my plan....

Accessport w/ custom map $850

TMIC (used) $600

Turbo inlet tube $225 JSC

MR header $250 Boostjunkie

MR DP $250 Boostjunkie

Blitz Recirc BOV $250 JSC

Total $2400

You're looking about $700-1000 for a good CBE.

Oil cooler and trans cooler, depends what you're doing. If you auto-x or, God forbid, towing, I would think those would be good along with a larger capacity radiator. But don't forget, with that power you gotta stop. You'll probably want at least Stage II brakes ($600) and some suspension upgrades (most likely springs and upgraded struts or coilovers ($1000) and sway bars ($600)).

That's about $5600.

Turbo and FMIC depending on how much power you are going for. I think if you're looking for over 350 crank horse, you def want the FMIC. And with that, you'll probably need an upgraded fuel system (rail, injectors, pump) and most likely a beefier clutch. Also you will maybe want a boost gage, but I think the Accessport can function as one.

I would do an up/dp, CBE and TMIC with tune in one shot since you have to disconnect all that to do the up anyway.

Hope that helps. Any body correct me if that is wrong....

I have the header in there. I don't know how Boostjunkie sells the MR ones so cheap, but that seems like a crazy deal! I believe that the equal length headers make more power, but you lose that "Subaru Boxer" rumble. And for the TGV, you mean tossing out! Ha. :lol: Yeah, I remembered them afterward and didn't feel like going back to edit. It probably is a good idea to remove them.

I have the header in there. I don't know how Boostjunkie sells the MR ones so cheap, but that seems like a crazy deal! I believe that the equal length headers make more power, but you lose that "Subaru Boxer" rumble. And for the TGV, you mean tossing out! Ha. :lol: Yeah, I remembered them afterward and didn't feel like going back to edit. It probably is a good idea to remove them.

Do you mean, get RID of the stock tumblers and buy the deletes? Or are the deletes crap?

Well, you gotta have that part, I actually was referring to the part on the inside that you have toss; the two little flaps on each side and their connecting rod. You could probably do it yourself if you can weld because you have to plug the holes that are remaining from the rod that holds and rotates the flaps. However if I do this, I will probably get the ones grimmspeed offers and get them ceramic coated at the same time. You will definitley need a tune with this though because I believe it will throw a CEL.

Archived